Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4256
i'm a hardcore tf2-beta-days purist... but could you tell me some of the wackiness that strikes you? the game has always had an absurd in-game humour and off-kilter sensibility about it. what items particularly do it for you? i have a few personal complaints based on my own playstyle, but i'd really like to see what you've found.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4256
tf2's "wonky competitive" game. not to be taken seriously.

_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6719|Riva, MD
Man, Planescape Torment is a WEIRD game
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

Finally got around to the Binding of Isaac.

Limited inventory systems are sure wonky.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4256

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Finally got around to the Binding of Isaac.

Limited inventory systems are sure wonky.
i'm glad you are comfortable enough realizing the fatuousness of your original remarks to now make jokes about it
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

I was more poking fun at your screeching monkey overreaction, but whatever floats your boat.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4256
"screeching monkey". mod makes an authoritative statement that is categorically false about a game. i laugh and detail why he is wrong. mod drags out his painful error for 3 pages because he can't admit he made a comment borne out of a severe lack of knowledge/experience. and on it goes... "screeching monkey".

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-04-23 09:47:25)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

Saying I didn't like the new balance standards set by introducing new weaponry and gear is not categorically false just because you disagree with it, and hardly deserving of page-spanning rants about it.

That said, I can make fun of myself as well as anyone else but the BoI post wasn't an example.

e: If all new non-cosmetic gear was immediately supplied to all players' inventory at their onset, I'd be perfectly fine with it.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4256
no, it's categorically false because new weapons introduced have absolutely no involvement in competitive play. saying the competitive play is "too wonky to be taken seriously" is a complete load of bullshit. competitive play doesn't use unlocks.

and none of the weapons introduced into the game's public play are "imba" or "pay2win". the game is still balanced. nobody has an advantage because they've "grinded" more than you (whatever that means). you are just factually wrong. it's painful to read.

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-04-23 10:03:00)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

You can hope for one to randomly drop in your inventory as you play...or you can buy/trade it. Introducing another source of distaste, TF2's playerbase became a morass of players adding you to their friends list just to butter you up to beg for hats and supplies. "COME ON BRO PLZ YOU HAVE TWO OF THEM GIVE ME ONE." If I had a penny for every time someone begged me for Max's Severed Head alone, I could probably use them to buy out the entire TF2 inventory.

But back to the main point. The balance did indeed become wonky because some of the new gear effectively counters the old and is not automatically supplied to all inventories upon release. I didn't like the wonky new system and as a consequence moved on to other games without playing it out as much as I did BF2.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4256
even though bf2 had the exact same system where you had to buy and pay for new guns that 'countered' others?

ok

oh and i've never used anything but stock-vanilla weapons in public servers... and i have never felt 'countered' by an unlock. maybe you need to l2p.

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-04-23 10:41:29)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

LOL @ comparing TF2's scatterbrained gear to a BF2 expansion. Not even close, zeek.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4256
i think you put altogether too much emphasis on appearance. the principle is exactly the same: new weapons introduced, for a price, that a certain 'privileged' class of user can use. the g36e was one of the most unbalanced guns in the game; it raped everyone, at all ranges. the arctic sniper was pretty much preferred by everyone with did a lot of sniping in variation of places. and the no.1 reason people even bought that expac was to access the weapons and 'extra content'. so making out tf2 was some "whacky" model is a little silly. if you can name me one weapon or unlock that is unfair or introduces a hard-counter, i will love to know. i'm pretty sure i asked this of someone at the time, but they graciously didn't reply. i am intrigued. tell me. what is tf2's unforgivable g36e?
Roc18
`
+655|5793|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

even though bf2 had the exact same system where you had to buy and pay for new guns that 'countered' others?

ok

oh and i've never used anything but stock-vanilla weapons in public servers... and i have never felt 'countered' by an unlock. maybe you need to l2p.
Lol limiting yourself to stock weapons.

Weapon hipster.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4256
uuuh your little faggot idol ig prolly limited himself to stock weapons in bf2, as well. all competitive players tend to only practice with the weapons they'll be able to use in actual league/competition. it doesn't make sense to sink time into playing with non-league weapons. of course i used others when i wanted, though, or wanted a bit of fun/difference. but my point was that i can still top pub servers in tf2 with the stock weapons... there are no 'pay2win' or 'omg so good' weapons in the game. the originals are still as good as anything, if not better.

you are a mong.
Cisse
+63|4371
You unlock weapons in bf2 when you get promoted, and choose which you want, its the same for everyone.
Tf2 is random and you could play for 100 hours and not get the one you want, then some random comes along and unlocks it (and more) after 10 hours.
pooppooppooppoophttps://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n223/Samtheman53/Sigs/6z8doqc.gif
Roc18
`
+655|5793|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

uuuh your little faggot idol ig prolly limited himself to stock weapons in bf2, as well. all competitive players tend to only practice with the weapons they'll be able to use in actual league/competition. it doesn't make sense to sink time into playing with non-league weapons. of course i used others when i wanted, though, or wanted a bit of fun/difference. but my point was that i can still top pub servers in tf2 with the stock weapons... there are no 'pay2win' or 'omg so good' weapons in the game. the originals are still as good as anything, if not better.

you are a mong.
lol thanks for clearing that up.

The team who gets the AK-101's usually win if both are using stock assault rifles.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4256

Cisse wrote:

You unlock weapons in bf2 when you get promoted, and choose which you want, its the same for everyone.
Tf2 is random and you could play for 100 hours and not get the one you want, then some random comes along and unlocks it (and more) after 10 hours.
i think you are forgetting the special forces weapons.

and none of the weapons in tf2 have any consequence, and all can be traded for 1 scrap metal. it takes you about 1 hour to get 1 scrap metal.

great complaints.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4256

Roc18 wrote:

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

you are a mong.
lol thanks for clearing that up.

The team who gets the AK-101's usually win if both are using stock assault rifles.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6325|Graz, Austria

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

You can actually get those without a purchase of the SF expansion itself.
Playing with your account on a computer with SF installed for 1 second is enough to permanently add the tier 2 weapons.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4256

globefish23 wrote:

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

You can actually get those without a purchase of the SF expansion itself.
Playing with your account on a computer with SF installed for 1 second is enough to permanently add the tier 2 weapons.
yes, but that was a bug/exploit, not as intended. the principle was still the same: pay for weapons. part of the SF pack's selling point was the new weapons ffs. regardless of the fact you could exploit them.

saying tf2's weapon system sucks because the weapon drops are random completely ignores the whole trading system. you can get anything you want - not that there's any real compelling reason to want any of the extra weapons, they aren't 'better' - with a cursory trade. so people who say "in bf2 you could get anything by ranking up" are kind of missing the point of tf2's item distribution system.

and besides, this is all secondary, because newbie's point was saying tf2 was "wacky" for "competitive play" because of the item system. the item system doesn't interfere in any way. it is a complete side-show and distraction. if you care/want the weapons, they are very easy to get. they don't affect in-game balance or class synergy in any way. tf2 is still a really well executed team/class-based game.

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-04-23 15:35:41)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

I said "wonky," not "wacky." TF2 is "wacky" in a good way, and "wonky" in a bad. Whatever your thoughts, insights and musing on this matter are, I don't think TF2 was changed for the better, and I'm certainly not the only one who left it afterwards but for the occasional match with friends here and there.

If you went the expansion route to get BF2's extra weapons, it's a pretty straightforward path to unlocking them. But with TF2, you can farm for hours and not get what you want, or trade with people you'd rather not...or throw money at the game until your wallet dries up (but at least you'll have your stuff). It's a bad comparison to make, zeek.
thepilot91
+64|6238|Ă…land!
poor bf2s it's gotten herpes..it got rid of it once but , eventually it came back, now we all have to argue with it again UZLess
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6739|Oxferd Ohire
no we dont
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

RTHKI wrote:

no we dont
This. For some, it's a way to kill time.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard