_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6687|Riva, MD
XCOM and Dishonored are out today.  Anybody get either one yet?

Edit: Geez, why did I think it was the 6th

Last edited by _j5689_ (2012-10-06 19:52:00)

FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6662|Devon, England
I'm glad CoH hasn't reached the first "Pre-order" bonus bullshit yet. I know it's early-days and it's only date is "2013", but I think it's a terrible idea to have for games.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6687|Riva, MD
There has to be at least some incentive to pre-orde if they're so desperate to get people's money this early on.

I don't like the way it's going with all this gimmicky crap with the ridiculously early pre-order and the 10 extra dollars bullshit though.  It looks a lot like the beginning of a sellout series just like almost everything else is now
FFLink
There is.
I hope not. I like all Relic RTS games (DoW and CoH), and I'm fairly sure a lot of people do, too. They have no need to sellout.

This is all unnecessary, and blame my Steam hatred, but I reckon it's all their ideas.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6687|Riva, MD
Just look at DoW II: Retribution with its unlimited amount of DLC and you'll see the direction they'll likely want to go in with CoH II.

They might not have to sellout completely, but they can still milk the market like EA does and I think that's what they intend to do.  I guess it's not really a big deal as long as the game feels complete and not rushed, that's one of the bigger issues with most sellout games.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6468

what the fuck,

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/21025/ss/farmer.JPG

is anyone actually playing this?
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6687|Riva, MD
lmao, yeah I saw that one too.  Who would've thought Lamborghini made farm tractors?
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6468

hey, maybe i should post this in the marijuana thread . . .
FFLink
There is.

_j5689_ wrote:

Just look at DoW II: Retribution with its unlimited amount of DLC and you'll see the direction they'll likely want to go in with CoH II.

They might not have to sellout completely, but they can still milk the market like EA does and I think that's what they intend to do.  I guess it's not really a big deal as long as the game feels complete and not rushed, that's one of the bigger issues with most sellout games.
Yeah, but most of the DLC for DoWII is armour - just aesthetic stuff for the "dedicated", IMO.

The only playable DLC was Chaos Rising and Retribution (I wouldn't count Last Stand dedicated as DLC).

I guess there was a few Last Stand stuff, like Tau Commander and some gear... But I don't think CoH will have a PvE mode where paid-gear will show up.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6687|Riva, MD
Looked for videos of Farm Simulator, every single person that reviews it can't even figure out what do, get bored, and then go run people off the rode with a combine or a tractor, lmao.  Then I saw somebody actually play the 2009 version as intended, god what an awful game that looks like
Chou
+737|6761

_j5689_ wrote:

lmao, yeah I saw that one too.  Who would've thought Lamborghini made farm tractors?
Ferrari even makes Farming vehicles, it's no surprise really, both are Italian and there's a huge demand in the Olive production.
I've even had a Ferrari tractor myself for towing trees out of lumber mills/forests.

Anyway, looking forward to playing Worm Revolution soon

http://store.steampowered.com/app/200170/
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6687|Riva, MD
As Americans, it's a surprise to us that Ferrari or Lambo farm equipment exist, we only see them as supercars over here for the most part
jsnipy
+3,276|6493|...

Now try to imagine a john deer supercar
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6294|Graz, Austria

Chou wrote:

Anyway, looking forward to playing Worm Revolution soon

http://store.steampowered.com/app/200170/
I was in the beta and the new water weapons and physics really add something totally new after the sentry gun in 2005's Worms Mayhem.

Also, if you pre-order, you'll get Worms Armageddon as a bonus, which will be exclusive for several months.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6708|Oxferd Ohire

_j5689_ wrote:

As Americans, it's a surprise to us that Ferrari or Lambo farm equipment exist, we only see them as supercars over here for the most part
its not a surprise if you have any basic knowledge of the companys
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6652|Disaster Free Zone

_j5689_ wrote:

wat?

The company started by building tractors. Only after his Ferrari broke and they refused to give him a better replacement clutch, did he decide to build his own cars.

Last edited by DrunkFace (2012-10-09 08:25:39)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

13urnzz wrote:

what the fuck,

is anyone actually playing this?
I think the only people playing that are big machine hounds. Everyone else just plays Minecraft. I'd consider it if it taught me anything about botany, but I doubt it.
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6546|London
Dishonored is pretty awesome. Like bioshock but better.
Chou
+737|6761

Aries_37 wrote:

Dishonored is pretty awesome. Like bioshock but better.
Haven't come around it yet, was on the brink of returning it, still in seal, however, I'm playing Resident Evil 6 and absolutely fucking hate it.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6663
I started playing through Jedi Academy again. Even on Jedi master difficulty it's extremely easy.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Superior Mind wrote:

I started playing through Jedi Academy again. Even on Jedi master difficulty it's extremely easy.
Maxed force lightning, grip and push is pretty much easy mode.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6684|Purplicious Wisconsin

FFLink wrote:

I hope not. I like all Relic RTS games (DoW and CoH), and I'm fairly sure a lot of people do, too. They have no need to sellout.

This is all unnecessary, and blame my Steam hatred, but I reckon it's all their ideas.
Speaking of relic, I miss Impossible Creatures. Such a fun creative RTS game.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6294|Graz, Austria

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Superior Mind wrote:

Maxed force lightning, grip and push is pretty much easy mode.
Easy mode for me was always force speed.
I did pretty much every boss battle by running around like a manic gerbil, hitting enemies on the head.
Once, I activated force speed immediately after the cut-scene ended and split the boss' head a second later, before he had the chance to pull out his light saber and activate shields.

When I tried to play Jedi Academy a few years ago, I quit and uninstalled pretty quick, since I couldn't bear that outdated, linear gameplay anymore.
Are the Force Unleashed games any good?
AFAIK, they are 3rd-person view only, and you don't have any weapons other than your light saber and the force.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

Started playing fire red with a charmander. Brock is hard.     After you beat him though the game is easy
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5479|America

Macbeth wrote:

Started playing fire red with a charmander. Brock is hard.     After you beat him though the game is easy
I would think Misty would be your hard counter not Brock. How did you manage that?
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard