Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6628

Miggle wrote:

dovahkin?
Translates to "Dragon-born."

The big bad big baddie of Call of Doody: The Black Cops was called "Dragovich" which could translateto the same thing.
Stimey
­
+786|6280|Ontario | Canada
Finally bought FO3 rofl
I stick by my morals
­
­
­
­
­
­
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6628
Why would you buy fallout 3 though?

shit sux.
Stimey
­
n*gga you crazy
­
­
­
­
­
­
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5948|Catherine Black
Fo3 > Nv
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Stimey
­

Finray wrote:

Fo3 > Nv
n*gga u crazy
­
­
­
­
­
­
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6504
If I thought FO3 was kaka, would I be interested in NV? Is it better?
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5746

In terms of size and stuff to do NV is much better than FO3. NV's story is a bit lacking compared to FO3, at least in the set up but you will have plenty of stuff to do in the world. It's worth it.
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6628

Sisco wrote:

I did aswell, but I love NV.

Basically, it's a Fallout game for those who like Fallout, but less for those who like Elder Scrolls.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5746

Macbeth wrote:

Couldn't turn down the Victoria pack for 9.99. I'll PM you the purchase confirmation email so Paradox can pay you your $1 commission.
After putting some time into it I have to say I'm not crazy about Vic 2. I don't get why GS and UN were talking this game up so much.

Most of the game is internal management and while I'm very good at it, it's pretty boring. The warfare and foreign relations part of it is severely lacking compared to Eu3.
NeXuS
Shock it till ya know it
+375|6502|Atlanta, Georgia
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6504

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

Sisco wrote:

I did aswell, but I love NV.

Basically, it's a Fallout game for those who like Fallout, but less for those who like Elder Scrolls.
I didn´t like Elder Scrolls either. I might give it a shot then, it´s rather cheap right now. Thanks.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6932|PNW

Pirates of Black Cove

Memory leaks and mouse lag, for me. Could've been fun, but...
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,977|6792|949

I was playing the original Dragon Age over the weekend.  I've only got maybe 2 levels into it, but it's boring as hell.  Can anyone please confirm that it picks up, or am I doomed to plodding through answering question after question before i get to battle?
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6827

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

I was playing the original Dragon Age over the weekend.  I've only got maybe 2 levels into it, but it's boring as hell.  Can anyone please confirm that it picks up, or am I doomed to plodding through answering question after question before i get to battle?
Yes, ploddding is throughout the entire game, and you'll have to go through them if you want to establish certain relationships.  The banter while walking about are quite entertaining though.
Stimey
­
it gets better, believe me.
i dropped the game twice before I actually went through and finished it.
­
­
­
­
­
­
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+796|6845|United States of America

Ilocano wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Yes, ploddding is throughout the entire game, and you'll have to go through them if you want to establish certain relationships.  The banter while walking about are quite entertaining though.
I found combat got a lot better once you got more traits and such. In the beginning I had to plan out my fights so my party didn't die, but by maybe after the second "main" task, we were pretty unstoppable.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6827

DesertFox- wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

I found combat got a lot better once you got more traits and such. In the beginning I had to plan out my fights so my party didn't die, but by maybe after the second "main" task, we were pretty unstoppable.
After awhile, I was just casting area effect spells into a room, and then closing the doors, keeping my tank up front to keep them from getting through the doorway.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6932|PNW

Played some DA2. Seemed pretty tedious. Walk five steps, fight. Walk another five steps, fight. If you're going to have a game with a ton of dialogue, don't stretch it out by adding pointless clone fights!
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,739|6897|Oxferd Ohire
clone everything from what i heard
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6932|PNW

Yup. While I'm trying to find out more about the creepy dragon witch lady, I'm stuck up to my ears in repetitive combat. They should've put Croteam on the map size and variety.
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6600|Brisbane, Australia

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

I am just inferring from the way you phrased this but if (from your perspective) the dialogue is only there to get in the way of the battles then no, it wont pick up. Dragon Age is much more traditional than something like say Mass Effect or the new Fallouts as far as RPG's go. Much more Baldurs Gate. Isn't to say there is not much fighting or that the start isnt a little slower than other areas of the game but in general there is a lot of talking.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6313|what

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_art … -ETSG-5417

https://www.teamfortress.com/images/posts/trading_beta.jpg

Steam Trading Beta
Question

What is Steam Trading, how does it work and how do I participate in the beta?
Answer

How do I get into the Steam Trading Beta?

From the Steam Client, open Steam->Settings and select the ‘Steam Trading Beta’ option. The Steam Client will then need to restart in order to download and apply the change.
What items can be traded?

Team Fortress 2 items and Steam Gifts can currently be traded in the Steam Trading Beta.
Will there be other games that support trading?

We’re working now with other game developers to incorporate both Trading and Inventories. Portal 2 should be reasonably soon and we hope to have several third-party games in the next few months.
What do you mean by trading Steam Gifts?

Any game you’ve purchased from the store as a gift, or received as an Extra Copy, can be traded to other users. They can be used to trade for other Gifts, or for items in Team Fortress 2. We’ve added a new checkout option to the Store when purchasing a gift so you can save it for trading or sending later, to support users who want to save games for trade fodder.
What restrictions are there on trading Steam Gifts?

Trading a Steam Gift is very similar to sending a gift to someone; just that once it is traded that user can then either trade it again, or open it for themselves. There are no restrictions on territory.
Does Steam Trading mean I can sell my used games?

No, only games that have been bought as a gift, and thus have never been played, can be traded. Once the Steam Gift is opened and added to your game library, you won’t be able to trade it again.
How do I see my Inventory on the Steam Community?

Once you have opted in to the Steam Trading Beta, you can select Community in the Steam client, then on the right is a link to View Inventory.
Who can see my items?

Your inventory obeys your existing regular privacy settings – public, friends only, friends of friends, or private.
Who can I trade with?

Right now you can initiate a trade with anyone in a Group Chat or on your Friends List who has also opted into the Steam Trading Beta.
How is this different from trading in Team Fortress 2?

We’ve improved the display of changing which items are in the trade, and significantly increased the number of items that can be traded in one session. We hope these improvements will help with confusion or users trying to deceive others in the trade.
I have ideas for other things in Steam that can be traded. How do I give that feedback?

We’ve set up a forum thread here where you can post all feedback relating to the beta.
I have found a bug in Trading, how do I report that?

Please report all bugs in the same forum thread for giving feedback. Please click here to go to the thread. We will be actively reading the thread during the beta.
I think I just lost items in a trade! What do I do?

You’ll need to Contact Steam Support and create a new ticket. Please include your account name or a link to your Steam Community profile in the Support Ticket, as well as all the details you can remember from the trade. It will also be helpful to include a list of items that you have lost, a link to the Steam Community profile of the user that you traded with and the date and time of the trade.
What’s this new Friends Tagging feature?

It’s not related to trading, but in this new Steam Client is also a new feature to help you organize your friends list. You can right-click on any friend and select ‘Tag As…’ to choose a category for them. Friends can be tagged in multiple ways, and will show up then several times in your friends list, once for each tag.
If buying games for pre-order hats wasn't bad enough, they want you to buy games and then trade them. It's like trading Tf2 items for money, except Steam own the currency and you have to buy it from them
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6628
Oh hey cool, now I can actually get stuff for all of those gift-

I mean

FUCK YOU VALVE, YOU SUCK GRRRRRR!
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6932|PNW

Too bad you can't trade away games for credit. Even for a small fraction of their value.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard