11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5257|Cleveland, Ohio
just a different challenge.  you start out as a chump.
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6680|The darkside of Denver
Fuck man... I'm now 1-2 in spring training... This game is fun and very challenging... Hope I get better soon... Its my discipline thats killing me, I strike out so much...
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6643|Little Bentcock
Same here, analog batting is fun, I just swing at everything. Luckily with the analog you have check swing so if youre quick enough you can pull out. Once I went to check swing, hit it anyway and got on base

e: I spent an hour making my main RTTS character look exactly like me. Pretty close I reckon. He is going well fielding pct of 1.000 this series, about .900 for the season (June atm).

Shitty batting so far on base average of about .250, slug average of around .300.

Still no green light for steeling yet, lost it from pushing wrong buttons and getting tied up or picked off. He's still not fast enough anyway yet. Still take dangerous leads though, just keep leaning back and he gets back fine.

Also started a pitcher. Still on the bench atm only one or two series in with him, started off well but he's seemed to drop off a bit. 1.5 ERA and 20 odd strike out after about 23 IP.

Also started a catcher. Not really seeing the fun in that just yet

Last edited by Adams_BJ (2011-03-23 16:12:32)

11 Bravo
Banned
i didnt like being a catcher.  then again i didnt like the goalie mode in nhl or the goalie mode in fifa.
Adams_BJ
Yeah I played 3 innings, simulated the rest and went back my 2B career for a few hours.

Probably didn't help that my pitcher sucked, no matter what I called or where I called it he was was all over the shop. Luckily you don't get punished for bad calling
Adams_BJ
slowly bringing my batting average up. Really getting into the stat side of this game and career developments.
11 Bravo
Banned
my 2nd base hommie has gotten a lot better at hitting just for hits and not power
Adams_BJ
Same with mine. I have gotten the analog timing down pretty well, lot more square balls just over 2nd base for a safe hit. RBIs in the low 20s, 14th in the league, 5th in the organization for my position atm.
11 Bravo
Banned
i built a big ass power only first baseman just for fun.  tis fun tbh.  dude strikes out a lot but it is worth it.
Adams_BJ
I strike alot anyway. I used to think if you didn't select contact or power before you hit it went with whatever power you use when you swing with the stick. But you get a bigger contact area if you select the hit your are mor proficient in. In the last 2 series I have only struck out twice. Considering the time before that I probably got more to 20 strike outs, I've improved. Still don't always get on base though.
Adams_BJ
new tv today so I can actually see the detail, rather than this old dieing plasma
11 Bravo
Banned
what team do you play for?
eleven bravo
+1,399|5279|foggy bottom
cucamonga cracker killers
Tu Stultus Es
Adams_BJ
eire sea wolves. Tigers basically. Can't wait to get traded >.>
11 Bravo
Banned

Adams_BJ wrote:

well it would suck to hit in their stadium but being a pitcher would be ok
Adams_BJ

11 Bravo wrote:

Adams_BJ wrote:

second base contact hitter. Only June atm so still some time to get used to everything before big stadiums.
11 Bravo
Banned

Adams_BJ wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

Adams_BJ wrote:

second base contact hitter. Only June atm so still some time to get used to everything before big stadiums.
well contact should work in that stadium also tbh.  would suck to be a power hitter or outfielder.
Adams_BJ
Yeah I just modeled my character after me as close as I can. I tend to strike out swinging for the fences, so I just get on base then steal my way home.

Last edited by Adams_BJ (2011-03-25 19:27:54)

Adams_BJ
My pitcher got traded to the red sox for 2 of there players

2 shutouts so far.
11 Bravo
Banned
nice.  fenway is a tough place to pitch.
Adams_BJ
Still hopping my 2nd base gets traded. My team is so shit
Adams_BJ
Pitcher got promoted to AAA, 2nd baseman (who I started first and play more of) Still in AA. near to a 1.000 field pct, but just not a crash hot batter
11 Bravo
Banned
i would stick to the pitcher for a while
Adams_BJ
Yeah its a bit upsetting though, the pitcher I just threw together to play with, my 2nd baseman I actually put time into. Spose I should just dump some more training points into batting instead of fielding for a while.
11 Bravo
Banned
well personally i think fielding should come first.  however we know its the batting that keeps you in the bigs.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard