Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5188|Sydney
I've got a clean install of Win7. Never had any problems running BF2. Played a round earlier, everything was fine. Now it won't boot up at all, not with the shortcut nor with the .exe file itself.

I'm clueless as to what happened. Don't really feel like reinstalling and patching the game again but I guess I will if there's no other way.

Deleted the cache etc. in the ~mydocs/bf2 dir. No dice. Any ideas?
User007Gamer
???
+21|5992|Dubai, UAE
Edit: Re-read.

Try running as admin. If that doesn't work, try starting BF2 in safe mode. Otherwise, try doing a clean system boot up. Re-install if none of these work. Hope it helps.

Last edited by User007Gamer (2011-02-12 03:18:25)

Jaekus
+957|5188|Sydney
None of the above works. I'll just reinstall *sigh*
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6449|King Of The Islands

Try renaming the whole BF2 folder.
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
Jaekus
+957|5188|Sydney
Hmmm... that didn't work, at first. I then checked processes under the task manager and it had an instance of BF2 running. Weird. So I ended it and then started the game, it loaded fine. When I then tried running it with the old folder renamed back to "Battlefield 2" it would no longer run. I did merge the old bf2 folder in my docs that I saved before reinstalling windows, so maybe there was a conflict or something.

Thanks Cheez. I wouldn't have gotten to the bottom of this without your suggestion. +1
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6449|King Of The Islands

That's cause I'm pro.
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
Jaekus
+957|5188|Sydney

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard