iceman785
+93|6674|Alaska, mother fucker.
My S2000 takes some pretty crazy looking damage. Only noticed with the Bugatti that when I hit the wall at 200 mph it barely did anything visual.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6539|Long Island, New York

FloppY_ wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Licensing would never, ever allow that. Ever. Lamborghini is not going to allow their cars to be demolished, even virtually. Hence why games like Burnout have fake cars.
I know the manurfacturers are the issue... I don't see why they can't comprehend it would add to the game experience...

I mean Bugatti and all the other high-end brands in e.g. NFS Shift let their cars get crumbled... (which included the lamborghinis)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6chxvMsASs
Stuck up italians I say...
How is that damage any worse than the damage that's in Forza 4. It's not.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6287|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

Poseidon wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Licensing would never, ever allow that. Ever. Lamborghini is not going to allow their cars to be demolished, even virtually. Hence why games like Burnout have fake cars.
I know the manurfacturers are the issue... I don't see why they can't comprehend it would add to the game experience...

I mean Bugatti and all the other high-end brands in e.g. NFS Shift let their cars get crumbled... (which included the lamborghinis)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6chxvMsASs
Stuck up italians I say...
How is that damage any worse than the damage that's in Forza 4. It's not.
Your 200mph head on crash says otherwise..

Anyway... I still say it's dumb they don't allow damage models like DiRT's
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
Is it anything past aesthetic damage? No. Is it really any worse than Forza's damage? No. It's all bodykit crumpling. Nothing more. And it never will be more than that.
FloppY_
­
sadface.jpg

As much fun as driving can be, sometimes you just want to watch the world burn...

In DiRT it was always kind of a lose+win situation since you failed at driving but got an awesome crash out of it :3
elitemaphia
Scooter Addict
+12|4596
still downloading and installing extra content. been around 30 minutes since i put the game in the drive.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
takes a long ass time if you got the LE, be warned

what's your GT? i'll invite you to the car club
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6738|Oxferd Ohire
whoever mixed the racing music needs to be shot. killed so many good songs

ok so its an exaggeration but the mixes are worse than the originals from all that ive heard

Last edited by RTHKI (2011-10-12 18:13:25)

https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6738|Oxferd Ohire
racing db9 is so fragile
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6573

almost tempted to buy an Xbox for this game, but i don't think it's a good idea... will keep watching the thread
iceman785
+93|6674|Alaska, mother fucker.

RTHKI wrote:

whoever mixed the racing music needs to be shot. killed so many good songs

ok so its an exaggeration but the mixes are worse than the originals from all that ive heard
Only sound track you should need for this game, is of the car you're driving.
Stimey
­
+786|6121|Ontario | Canada

FatherTed wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Wish I didn't have to get an Xbox to play this... it looks pretty sweet..
why? consoles are > than PC's in some things, good driving games is one of them.
incorrect
­
­
­
­
­
­
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6578|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!
Well, im on the side that console are better than pc for driving game....fps on the other hand are best played on pc...but well, that's taste, and it seem like we cant really discuss them!
FloppY_
­

Roger Lesboules wrote:

Well, im on the side that console are better than pc for driving game....fps on the other hand are best played on pc...but well, that's taste, and it seem like we cant really discuss them!
Well.. Stimey is correct in the sense that the only thing that makes consoles better for driving games is the controller, which you can plug into a PC

Last edited by FloppY_ (2011-10-14 19:46:44)

Stimey
­
+786|6121|Ontario | Canada

FloppY_ wrote:

Roger Lesboules wrote:

Well.. Stimey is correct in the sense that the only thing that makes consoles better for driving games is the controller, which you can plug into a PC
My point exactly.
­
­
­
­
­
­
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6738|Oxferd Ohire
cept trackmania*
FloppY_
­

RTHKI wrote:

cept trackmania*
With practice I honestly think analogue controls could benefit players in a precision driving game like TM, even if it's made with keyboards in mind
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6738|Oxferd Ohire
maybe one some courses but others require way too many quick turns

i hate the ai in fm4. they keep ramming me. seems much worse than fm3.
FloppY_
­

RTHKI wrote:

Surely you can move an analogue stick from left to right and vise versa as fast as you can alternate between left and right arrow...
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6461|UK
What's the verdict?
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

RTHKI wrote:

AI was a bunch of little bitches in FM3. Hated it. Every race had 0% challenge except for when a car was actually far superior to you. I like that they're a bit more aggressive.

I'll admit sometimes when I don't think I have a chance, I'll just go full speed into a turn and ram the front car.... it'll provide resistance to get me around a turn while only giving me slight damage Kamikaze style racing is the only style of racing.
FloppY_
­

Poseidon wrote:

RTHKI wrote:

AI was a bunch of little bitches in FM3. Hated it. Every race had 0% challenge except for when a car was actually far superior to you. I like that they're a bit more aggressive.

I'll admit sometimes when I don't think I have a chance, I'll just go full speed into a turn and ram the front car.... it'll provide resistance to get me around a turn while only giving me slight damage Kamikaze style racing is the only style of racing.
How i roll *brofist*
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6738|Oxferd Ohire
i didnt have any problems in fm4 until an old muscle car race. first turn the ai would ram me every time i restarted. usually its no problem but sometimes...
FloppY_
­

RTHKI wrote:

i didnt have any problems in fm4 until an old muscle car race. first turn the ai would ram me every time i restarted. usually its no problem but sometimes...
Do I even have to say it? It's because they Spoiler (highlight to read):
can't turn
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6738|Oxferd Ohire
they used me as a wall > >

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard