Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5178|Sydney
Wow, personal attacks already. I must say young man that's a very mature display.

And seeing as you need it explained to you, Burwhale was commenting on Abbott's reaction to the questioning from the reporter. Laurie Oakes who happens to be about the best political journalist in the country, along with the recently retired Kerry O'Brien) was also making similar comments in the video posted by AR. If someone is going to be so clumsy handling a question from a journalist he sure as hell isn't suited to representing a nation on the world stage. As much as I don't particularly like the Liberal Party, Joe Hockey would NEVER have made such an error. No wonder there have been calls for him to step up and challenge Abbott as opposition leader. He'd be pretty damn good at it too.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5585

Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me.
Jaekus
+957|5178|Sydney
Yeah, I thought as much...
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6153|what

Laurie Oaks took that angle because a few days prior to this release by 7, he said there was talk of removing Abbott by the Liberals.

Usually you wouldn't see him as fired up as he was, thought he'd struck gold, proved his rumours "correct" etc.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6354

Dilbert_X wrote:

In cases like this the media should show a bit of restraint now and then.
ha ha
Jaekus
+957|5178|Sydney

AussieReaper wrote:

Laurie Oaks took that angle because a few days prior to this release by 7, he said there was talk of removing Abbott by the Liberals.

Usually you wouldn't see him as fired up as he was, thought he'd struck gold, proved his rumours "correct" etc.
Interesting. Either way this isn't really what they need right now, though an election is ages away now so it doesn't really matter all that much.
Burwhale
Save the BlobFish!
+136|6222|Brisneyland

Macbeth wrote:

So you are upset he didn't spew some empty one liner or half assed excuse? And you think he doesn't deserve to get the top spot because he can't think of stupid sound bytes quickly?

Seems like you're just trying to find a reason to be upset especially since
For what its worth, I cant stand the guy
OK Macbeth. Did I say anywhere that I wanted him to make up a one liner?? No, he had 3 hrs that day, not to mention the 3 months previous to this that the Liberal party blocked channel 7 getting this footage. I wouldnt expect a one liner, I expect him to come up with something better than nodding in rage for 25 seconds. Even if he said " yep this was my fault and I stuffed up" it would get respect from me. What he did was insufficient and kinda weird.

Please feel free to contribute to Australian politics threads, but it really helps if you have a clue as to what you are talking about.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6106|eXtreme to the maX
If he'd said "I stand by my comment in the context it was made" I think that would have been OK with most people.

The only member of either party who is remotely convincing is Turnbull, and then only when he's not pre-scripted by the party machine.

Katter for PM.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2011-02-10 04:06:00)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6149|'straya
Costello for PM.

Oh wait..
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6106|eXtreme to the maX
Costello is also a complete ass.

Kevin Foley is free.....
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Jaekus
+957|5178|Sydney

Dilbert_X wrote:

If he'd said "I stand by my comment in the context it was made" I think that would have been OK with most people.

The only member of either party who is remotely convincing is Turnbull, and then only when he's not pre-scripted by the party machine.

Katter for PM.
That's part of the problem. He's too stubborn to follow the script. He'd be good for the party though. Politics in Australia needs someone like him to shake things up.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard