Ken-Doka
+1|6701|PA
Ok, so still 20k for First/Master Sergeant, I'm fine with that.

50k to get to Master Gunny/Sergeant Major.  Ok, seems like a little much for the average gamer, but easy for the 10 hours/day+ ppl.  But still, I was ok with this when 2nd Lt. was 200k.

2nd Lt. now at 60k ... wha??

So, 200 hours of play to get to First Sergeant, 500 hours (total) for Sergeant Major, then you're 2nd Lt. in 5 minutes??  Ok, more like 90 hours or so for most, but still...

Comments?
Erkut.hv
+124|6774|California
Agreed, it's taken me almost 8 months to get Sarg. major (30+/- points to go). Now I can get my officer rank in maybe a month, given I play alot better now. Yeah, kinda seems a little wrong.
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6872
Yeah, I don't get it either, but oh well... I think the general ranks should be 500k and up.
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6810|Atlanta, GA USA
I agree.  They should have changed Sgt. Major to 35-40k.  That would have evened it out more.
slidero
It'll be "fixed" in 1.3 only to be fucked up in some way again.
=TFS=DEVILS.HITMAN
+60|6687|Under the River
500 hours not that much I am at 33K right now and i only have about 250 hours and I also only play about an hour a day
Kobrakai
Weirdo
+152|6827|England
I seriously doubt anyone will reach general before 500K anyway given the additional requirements.
R3belacT
+0|6742
The ranks are just there for you to have something to work towards.  It should benefit the average gamer because they actually have something to keep working on, unless they like to give up easily.  :-P
Havazn
+39|6733|van.ca
I have to admit, once I got Sergeant Major, I was about to stop playing due to high requirment for 2nd Lt. Now, Im only 5000 away from 2nd Lt. Easily obtainable in a week or so. These new ranks have kept my playing.
[killer]manxs
+148|6688|San Diego C.A.
yea i think u right about that...im only at about 20.000,and not making sg major leser...it makes us all feel left out..*cya
kalas
+-1|6688
i like it better at 60k because now i am one
Havazn
+39|6733|van.ca

kalas wrote:

Hahaha, exactly.

I personally think anyone who has over 180,000 to begin with, should put this game away now. I even dont agree with the reqs for Brigadier General. I mean all vehicle badges..damn. I dont ever expect myself to reach that, but for the mass majority of those who play on a occasional basis and still have hours to put in, should have something to work towards while they play.
ddknight31
+12|6691
The idea is the fact that 30,000 points seperate first and master sgt from sgt major and master guns... then you get to 2nd Lt with 10,000 more points. What the hell where they thinking!! The only other gap of that size is between col and B Gen... really anoying. And it's a big deal cause the ranks bring unlocks, the nice new unlocks.
kontrolcrimson
Get your body beat.
+183|6867|Australia

Havazn wrote:

kalas wrote:

Hahaha, exactly.

I personally think anyone who has over 180,000 to begin with, should put this game away now. I even dont agree with the reqs for Brigadier General. I mean all vehicle badges..damn. I dont ever expect myself to reach that, but for the mass majority of those who play on a occasional basis and still have hours to put in, should have something to work towards while they play.
i dont know what im going to do. IM at 195k and trying to work out HOW on earth im going to get all those badges.

i have 34h in a jet. I cant fly, i get owned. WHY should i play something i dont enjoy to rank up?
How many players will get this??
stampthelamp
+0|6694

=TFS=DEVILS.HITMAN wrote:

500 hours not that much I am at 33K right now and i only have about 250 hours and I also only play about an hour a day
i am with ya there. i play and average of 50 mins to an hour a day and i am at like 236 hrs. i have 32,455 pts or somethin like that. i do think the gap shouldn't be so big for my next rank if the next 2 are within less. hopefully this will be fixed. if not oh well

https://img.tehsig.com/usr_28135/tpl_0/image.jpg
Ken-Doka
+1|6701|PA

kontrolcrimson wrote:

Havazn wrote:

kalas wrote:

Hahaha, exactly.

i dont know what im going to do. IM at 195k and trying to work out HOW on earth im going to get all those badges.

i have 34h in a jet. I cant fly, i get owned. WHY should i play something i dont enjoy to rank up?
Well, here I disagree completely.  In the military you are required to get certain levels of experience in differing fields in order to attain high ranks, depending on your field.  This makes perfect sense for this game, to require expertise in every field.  You can't fly?  Learn or stay where you are.

I agree that it's difficult, but it should be, and you should have more respect for someone who gets a star this way.  If you see a general online, you should feel a need to salute.  If you could get the highest ranks by just sitting somewhere spawn killing to rack up points it loses all respect, IMO.
F.Rabshaw
+37|6721
It should have been expert kits to become one star general... THEN all vehicle for the 3 star. No one will ever be a one or two star general. They will have expert kits long before expert behicles.
frankie4fingers08-2
+0|6793
I like the ranks and I like the fact i spend 7 months to get to SGT Major, (previous patch I would be a staff SGT or some shit).    I think they needed to include more requirements from 2nd LT and up.   Get certain Medals,  so many teamwork points to qualify, stuff to promote use of team play and to use all aspects of the game not just a tank or jet.

Frankie

Working my way tp Captain.....
luckybaer
+10|6813| Going Feral
I think it is funny that you need to have all vehicle badges at expert to get some of the ranks.

In the military, you specialize in your particular area.  For example, it would be rare if not completely unlikely to find a guy with aviator wings and have him be an expert in infantry tactics, too.

I think that the guy that said they should have made the requirements for ranks include certain levels of team points, etc. has a good idea.  Or maybe certain medals should be the requirement for certain ranks.

I'll have to rack up a lot of jet time, helo time, and armor time to get those badges.  That's a lot of time!  Especially when there are a max of 2 jets per side on any given map, right?
Torin
+52|6731
Doesn't work like real life? I wonder why...

Oh yeah, it's a game.
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6831

kontrolcrimson wrote:

Havazn wrote:

kalas wrote:

Hahaha, exactly.

But you won't ever rank up.  You don't have Brigadier General, which is a requisite for Major General, which in turn is a requisite for Lieutenant General, etc.

Even if you get the badges, you'll be in the same position as people at Master Sergeant complaining that they just got their basic knife badge and not ranking up to First Sergeant.
e-i-u-benjamin
WoeKoeMakaLaLaLoekieWaWa
+40|6798|The Netherlands
just shut up, u dont like it? then stop playin, always complaining always just STFU if u wanna rank just play more
Buzerk1
+44|6875
Mmm took me just over 400hrs to get to Sgt Major and I'm happy that reduce the 2nd Lt to 60K, it give me another objectif... And I don't play 10hrs a day, but I have been playing since last june....
[Valhalla]iMac_Attack
+2|6799|Houston, Texas

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

Yeah, I don't get it either, but oh well... I think the general ranks should be 500k and up.
If you noticed though, getting that rank is not just about points now, you have to have experts in kits, vehicles  i like it.  no more point whoring to the top.
Z-trooper
BF2s' little helper
+209|6797|Denmark
The top ten guys already reached the top ranks if you look at UBAR. So the "game is over" for them? that has got to suck. No more goals
And THE worst thing. the officer ranks dont even have any advantages. no abilities, no new unlocks, just the advantage when applying for commander.
I sure hope that EA gives these new ranks some benefits in the future or else it all seemes kind od pointless.
When you reach 50K you have all the unlocks

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard