Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6536|Long Island, New York

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

I want to play this game, but not at full price.
20-25 hours of gameplay and you can't justify the price?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

It's just that it'll probably sit on the shelves and be reduced to $30 or $40 by the time I get around to it.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6666

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

It's just that it'll probably sit on the shelves and be reduced to $30 or $40 by the time I get around to it.
This.  But I'll wait for $20.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
I love how I totally fucked up the Moller case, 1 starred it, and then 5 starred the subsequent Maldonado case.

The life of a detective I guess?
Stimey
­
+786|6119|Ontario | Canada
On the one with the pig.
Very tense, good atmosphere. I feel like shit every time I fuck up a question D:
­
­
­
­
­
­
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
Man it gets difficult finding certain clues sometimes. Fuck.

ps Stimez what's your GT
Stimey
­
TheGoodVibes.

I think I have you from way back when. I changed my GT a while ago too.
­
­
­
­
­
­
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
oh shit yeah I do have you added already

my b
Stimey
­
Its k boo.

This is the first time I've been on xbox since like Christmas.
because 360 has
Spoiler (highlight to read):
No games!!!!
­
­
­
­
­
­
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5903|CA
Are there parts of the game where you can roam around the map freely? How often?
Stimey
­
No free roam.
You're pretty free to do whatever while you're on a case though.
They don't let you pull your gun and acting like a retard (aka GTA style play) will get you fucked.

Also since Pissydon is probably the only other one playing here:
I've done a couple of cases and got one less then the full amount of clues each time. What gives?
I keep hearing the audio cue and I've collected all the newspapers so far.
­
­
­
­
­
­
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

TopHat01 wrote:

Are there parts of the game where you can roam around the map freely? How often?
When you're on a case between travelling to locations you can answer street crime, go looking for the golden film feels (that come up with old film noir film clips ), search for hidden cars and look for landmarks. If you do all of that and complete the story, the game will easily last you 40 hours. Keep in mind though, you should avoid hitting objects, cars and driving on the sidewalks because hitting people (although they do dodge out of the way most of the time), destroying lights/signs/benches/etc and damaging your car will result in fines that could end in a lesser rating for the case.

Stimey wrote:

No free roam.
You're pretty free to do whatever while you're on a case though.
They don't let you pull your gun and acting like a retard (aka GTA style play) will get you fucked.

Also since Pissydon is probably the only other one playing here:
I've done a couple of cases and got one less then the full amount of clues each time. What gives?
I keep hearing the audio cue and I've collected all the newspapers so far.
You sure you hear the audio cue? It should be that followed by slow, timed, single toned piano key hits. You can still have something like 12/13 clues found and get a 5 star rating as long as you get all of the interrogation right though.
Stimey
­
I've 4 starred like all the cases so far
Going to bed now, too tired to play these thinking games
­
­
­
­
­
­
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
http://wikigameguides.com/LA_Noire

Guide to all the cases/everything else. For when you go back for 100% game completion. I'm doing this run blind and then going back when I'm done with my first playthrough to get 100%.
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5903|CA
Do the pedestrians have that ragdoll effect if/when you hit them, like GTA 4?

Sounds a bit like Mafia 2 where a chapter would start and you're able to free-roam around after you finish the main mission..too bad there was nothing to actually collect. =/

I'll have to try this game out, as I generally prefer the more serious tone and realistic approach in action games.  Facial animations look top notch, too.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

TopHat01 wrote:

No. You really can't hit them. 95% of the time, they dodge out of the way. But if you do, the most that'll happen is they'll just slide off your bumper.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5584

Game looks fascinating.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6469

Poseidon wrote:

TopHat01 wrote:

No. You really can't hit them. 95% of the time, they dodge out of the way. But if you do, the most that'll happen is they'll just slide off your bumper.
the pedestrians behave the same way that they did in the DRIVER games.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Stimey
­
Poseidon who did you charge in the moller case?

I charged Hugo Moller. Got 14/15 clues and like all but 2 of the questions. Then the fucking chief inspector tells me hes sick of my shit. I'm guessing I charged the wrong guy?
­
­
­
­
­
­
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Stimey wrote:

I charged Hugo Moller. Got 14/15 clues and like all but 2 of the questions. Then the fucking chief inspector tells me hes sick of my shit. I'm guessing I charged the wrong guy?
Yeah, I charged him... the evidence lined up against him, but my gut told me it was the creep. Got the same reaction from the Chief.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5258|foggy bottom
this game looks dumb
Tu Stultus Es
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6459|UK

Poseidon wrote:

Stimey wrote:

Yeah, I charged him... the evidence lined up against him, but my gut told me it was the creep. Got the same reaction from the Chief.
Same I did real bad on that case! Can you charge both of them for the lols?
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

wah1188 wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Stimey wrote:

Same I did real bad on that case! Can you charge both of them for the lols?
lol I don't think so. But like I said earlier I 1 starred that case and 5 starred the next, so meh.
Reciprocity
+721|6579|the dank(super) side of Oregon
So I've played this for about 10 hours, and I gotta say, I'm not especially impressed.  It's not a terrible game, it's just meh.  The driving is bland, I just don't give a shit about discovering cars or finding jumps.  I usually let my partner chauffeur me around.  I have no desire to explore because I don't need to and the world isn't interesting enough to waste time in.   

The little side jobs are mind-numbingly linear and feel completely pointless.  You get to either chase and arrest/kill some guy or just kill everyone.  One minute everything is by the book to the point that using a gun isn't even your decision and the next minute it's the wild west and you're killing bad guys left and right. 

The evidence gathering consists of wandering around crime scenes waiting for audio cues.  Sometimes you get a bloody knife, sometimes you get a fucking random beer bottle.

The interrogation/questioning routine feels clunky and tedious.  Yes, they're actors giving cues but the cues are predictable; not making eye contact, stuttering, shifting around, it's like John Lovitz's ACTING! character was directing them.  And you're always reacting to the conversations rather than controlling the conversatins, which is what cops actually do.  Fallout and TES have better dynamic dialog.  I understand what they're trying to do but it still feels like a gimmick rather than a game.

Oh, and the main character is a fucking boring asshole. 

On the plus side, the non-interrogation/questioning dialog is pretty good.

I don't mean to sound like I've just got a sandy vagina and I went into this knowing LA Noire wasn't like GTA or RDR.  I knew it was fairly linear but as a linear game it's weak.  It's got all the compromises of a sandbox game without the immersion or fun.  I'm probably going to finish the main story because it's actually kinda engaging but this isn't a $60 game and the format is weak.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
What part are you up to? Just out of curiosity. I found that once I got to Vice, things really started to get interesting and not as repetitive.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard