Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6626
don't really see the problem if you're taking proper measures in the rest of your diet/health regime to be healthy. body is pretty resilient, no?
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4998|Amsterdam
Most drugs have a form of chemical dependency, but shit, so does chocolate (not in the same way as heroin for example, but you get the idea).
But it is true that most (drug)addiction are cause with an underlying reason, most of the time it being something emotional like a depression caused by something shitty in that persons life.
There arent that many people that are happy and just decide 'hey! lets addicted to a drug'.
And for someone that is emotionally dependent on that drug will have it a lot harder kicking it than someone who just 'did it a bit too often at parties'.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5392|Cleveland, Ohio

Uzique wrote:

don't really see the problem if you're taking proper measures in the rest of your diet/health regime to be healthy. body is pretty resilient, no?
ya thats what i think.  but when i go there i truly do pig out.  but, thats all i eat all day. 

Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6626
anyway what sort of approach to life is that? anything can ruin your life if you let it. anything can get out of hand and become excessive-- even chocolate, resulting in life-threatening obesity and vicious cycles of emotional depression. at the end of the day life is too fucking short to be afraid of the 101 things that could 'ruin' it. enjoy yourself and don't worry too much about the potential risks of things... if you have that hypochondriac approach to everything, you'll never have fun and live a little. it's like saying you won't drive a car or take a bus to work because there's a chance it could crash, or you won't ever enjoy a few tokes of weed because you could develop lung cancer later on in life. we're all going to get our number called sometime - who wants to live in a bubble?
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4998|Amsterdam

Uzique wrote:

True. Although i wouldn't recommend drug use, but if used responsibly it cant do that much more harm than most other things in life. But with most drug users, recreational or hardcore addict, its just a matter of time before it gets out of hand. But then again, I am a bit of a health freak.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6626
it's ironic that being a health freak (as you see with many members on this forum) can just as easily 'get out of hand' and become obsessive, compulsive or personality changing. everything in moderation - good and bad.
11 Bravo
Banned

Uzique wrote:

it's ironic that being a health freak (as you see with many members on this forum) can just as easily 'get out of hand' and become obsessive, compulsive or personality changing. everything in moderation - good and bad.
yes but no moderation every 2 weeks is not bad either....i hope
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4998|Amsterdam
addiction comes in many forms.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4998|Amsterdam
Still, drugs, and the effect that is has on people, will always be a topic of discussion. I personally think that drugs are bad (Mkay). Illegally it gives a lot of trouble (drug related gang incidents, drug addicts) and legal it would give a whole new set of troubles (children using it, hard to regulate etc). But i have nothing against people using it responsible. You still study and work properly I assume, so why would i care if you took some ketamine at a party? But all the other nasty things that come with drugs dont outweigh the benefits if you ask me.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5741

and legal it would give a whole new set of troubles (children using it, hard to regulate etc).
uhhhh
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6626
my point is that there are no 'other nasty things that come with drugs'. it's a myth, propagated by and feeding on the fears of everyday people that will never be curious or adventurous enough to try anything different. the 'big side' to drug use is mostly entirely blown out of proportion.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6653

Macbeth wrote:

and legal it would give a whole new set of troubles (children using it, hard to regulate etc).
uhhhh
fuck yeah, if any other drugs were legal, i'd use them.

i'm no doctor, but i know i'm old enough to make a decision that affects me, my past experience(s) have shown me not to trust the government, and why should i lose everything i've worked for to 'the war on drugs' when legislators have only taken a stand on issues to get re-elected?

i've said it before, take the warning labels off everything and allow nature to take it's course.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4998|Amsterdam
Not everybody is as responsible with drugs as you are. If i would walk through a park here where drug users frequently come i could come back with 10 dirty needles fished out of the bushes. theyre even handing out clean needles in lots of cities because they know they cant stop the drug use, so they'll just try to educate them on safe use. There are so many that ruined there lifes with drugs. Sure, theres always an underlying cause, but drugs make it very easy to make shit worse. there is nothing wrong with responsible and recreational use, but you cant expect that from everybody. Unfortunate as it may seem, there are a lot of stupid people on this planet.
But it is true about the media blowing it out of proportion, but they do that with almost everything. Naturally, the biggest part of drugs (recreational use) will go unnoticed in the news for obvious reasons, thus creating the idea that 90% of drug users are in a gang or in an alley doing heroin.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4998|Amsterdam

burnzz wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

uhhhh
fuck yeah, if any other drugs were legal, i'd use them.

i'm no doctor, but i know i'm old enough to make a decision that affects me, my past experience(s) have shown me not to trust the government, and why should i lose everything i've worked for to 'the war on drugs' when legislators have only taken a stand on issues to get re-elected?

i've said it before, take the warning labels off everything and allow nature to take it's course.
Modern day version of natural selection: if you want to use drugs, but are too dumb to do so responsibly, you can fuck off.

I guess it would get rid of the crackheads and leave us just with the people that actually know what theyre doing.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4998|Amsterdam
anyway, i would love to discuss all this some more, but I'm kinda tired.

Goodnight

e: its sort of nice having a reasonably normal discussion in EE chat every once in a while

Last edited by Kampframmer (2011-02-12 14:06:31)

Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5741

I meant drugs are already available and used by young people and we aren't doing a very good job of regulating it now anyway.

In HS it was easier to get pot, acid, coke, and ecstasy than it was to get beer.
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6782|UK
derp
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+796|6840|United States of America

Macbeth wrote:

I meant drugs are already available and used by young people and we aren't doing a very good job of regulating it now anyway.

In HS it was easier to get pot, acid, coke, and ecstasy than it was to get beer.
Maybe in Jersey.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6810

Dauntless what is your TS info. It keeps changing
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5192|Massachusetts, USA

DesertFox- wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Maybe in Jersey.
Pretty easy to score all those things, even up in the middle of nowhere in western MA.

In order to have a succeful drug argument, you need to first define what a drug is.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+796|6840|United States of America
Oh, Archer...you are hilarious.
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6347|Roma
Oh packing, you are tedious
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
lrishpride
+68|5303
Its sad that people need drugs to have a good time/live.

I've got the most addictive personality ever. I get addicted to everything - the good and the bad and for that reason I'll never touch a drug (other than alcohol)

Last edited by lrishpride (2011-02-12 16:29:40)

11 Bravo
Banned

lrishpride wrote:

well some people like to make up pregnancies to have fun
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6308|what

lrishpride wrote:

I've got the most addictive personality ever. I get addicted to everything - the good and the bad and for that reason I'll never touch a drug (other than alcohol)
I don't need drugs to enjoy an experience. Just to enhance it!
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard