Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4998|Amsterdam
Is the headache and possibilty of throwing up over your girlfriends parents worth the extra fun?
If so: Good for you
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6626
you've never had a headache or the possibility of throwing up from just drinking too much alcohol?
if so: good for you, but i really fucking doubt it

so not sure what point you're trying to make
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6776|London, England
its only class C

they reclassified weed from C to B, just to give you an indication
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6626
imo it should probably be class b... it's nastyyyy compared to weed. it's one of those weird sado-masochistic experiences that you're oddly drawn into doing out of curiosity/grim fascination every time you're already drunk and or high. i think jack kerouac expressed it best when he said "people ask me why i drink so much. it is because i simply enjoy ecstasy of the mind". as discomforting and troubling as it can be to get that utterly skullfucked out of your own mind/body, there's a weird sort of psychological fascination with getting that absolutely detached from anything remotely resembling reality. but enough of this riffraff, i've got to go and scrub myself up
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5741

Cringe worthy
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4998|Amsterdam
Never quite felt the urge of taking drugs or alcohol (i use neither, tried both) but then again, I'm not the adventerous type when it comes to losing control of my mind in any way.
Bit of a control freak when it comes to my mind.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5392|Cleveland, Ohio

DesertFox- wrote:

Stop consuming so many processed foods, 11B. Also, fresh carrots don't appear to have nearly as much sodium for some reason.
fresh?  its 30 degrees i cant grow a garden.

oh and i am under 2300 per day so....no u

Last edited by 11 Bravo (2011-02-12 12:46:46)

Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6626
i think it's really interesting to see how far-out your own mind can take you, so far beyond any possibly imaginable 'reality' you've experienced before. it's an eye opener. you become a lot more aware of what 'reality' is, and it makes you think a lot more about your senses and your consciousness. i enjoy having a sober mind and being straight nowadays more than being out-of-control, but i think in many odd ways all the bent, twisted, horrible experiences helped me appreciate and 'see' the everyday and normal in a new light. sounds pretentious but i think people that just get drunk all the time do so partly because of the same disconnection/altering of reality. the classified drugs are much the same, only far more extreme.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6927|PNW

Part ONE?!
11 Bravo
Banned
wat
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4998|Amsterdam
I dont think most drug users or people that drink at parties think as deep about it as you do, but in a way, you are right. I believe temptation, espceially when it comes to the use of an illegal or a for the user unknown drug plays a big role in it aswell. Im mainly talking abou at parties, not crackheads in alleys. Although they probaply do it to escape reality aswell, but for other reasons than people at a party i assume
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5741

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Part ONE?!
Of a three part franchise. Part 2 has already been announced as 'Atlas Shrugged: The Government strikes back'.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4998|Amsterdam
Im not saying that "stepping out of reality" never interested me. On the contrary, i find it fascinating (dreams, hallucinating etc.). I'm just not the type of person to try things as drugs.
All just a long way of saying: I'm too much of a pussy to do drugs.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4998|Amsterdam
hmm... Now what movie should i watch?
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6653

Kampframmer wrote:

I'm too much of a pussy to do drugs.
someone in your position shouldn't pass judgement on those that do, in my opinion. yet you*re being honest about it, when many legislators aren't.

i've done my share, and probably a few others too, but the reason i stick with legal drugs (alcohol is a drug) is i have too much to lose at this point of my life.

cocaine is a helluva drug
11 Bravo
Banned
are you trying to say jesus christ cant hit a curveball?
13/f/taiwan
+940|5854
the usual suspects
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6626
yep there's a difference in personality about being curious and peering out over the edge of normality, and then actually jumping out into the dark abyss of your mind/personality. i know a lot more about myself as a person and what makes me 'me' as a character and ego now after i've experimented with all sorts. it helps you look at yourself, the outside world, friends and life generally from a different perspective that you can't 'achieve' through sober-minded consciousness. social pressures at a party? uum nah i don't think so, but i agree that it may be a factor for many people. there's also just the very unpoetic and rather prosaic reason that it's simply fucking fun to get skullfucked out of your mind at a party with good friends and good music. nothing deep or profound about it. it's just a way to unwind, i guess.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4998|Amsterdam

burnzz wrote:

Kampframmer wrote:

I'm too much of a pussy to do drugs.
someone in your position shouldn't pass judgement on those that do, in my opinion. yet you*re being honest about it, when many legislators aren't.

i've done my share, and probably a few others too, but the reason i stick with legal drugs (alcohol is a drug) is i have too much to lose at this point of my life.

cocaine is a helluva drug
It was not my intention to pass judgement on people that do. I just don't approve of heavy drug users ending up in the gutter by it or all those kids in high schools here smoking weed even before theyre 16. Im fine with the rest
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4998|Amsterdam
I've never missed making that leap of faith. And when i say fascinating i mean see people's response to it. I prefer to observe and not experience when it comes to something that interests me. I might miss some cool things in life, but hey: That just how i roll

Last edited by Kampframmer (2011-02-12 13:08:10)

Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4998|Amsterdam

13/f/taiwan wrote:

the usual suspects
Seen it. Loved it
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6626
as with everything in life there's the extreme, marginalised examples that tarnish the image and give it a bad name. most people that use drugs casually and recreationally are normal people leading normal, constructive, positive lives. just like 99% of the alcohol-drinking population still manage to get up and go to work, raise a family, lead a healthy life etc. images of crack addicts in alleyways and heroin overdoses in grubby hostel rooms kinda distort the public's stigmatising of drug use. cocaine is a helluva a drug and i can guarantee it than a lot of ordinary people you encounter in your every day life have probably taken it regularly, to no real ill effect on their lifestyle.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4998|Amsterdam
Yeah thats true. Im sure that most people here have tried weed at least once (Amsterdam eh) and who knows what else. Almsot everyone I know drinks, wether its at parties or at dinner and none of those people is an alcoholic. But the line between recreational user and addict can be blurry sometimes.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6626
i've always been of the opinion that addiction/dependency/irresponsible use is a SYMPTOM of a bigger, underlying personality-disorder or mental unhappiness. the drug is just the enabler, not the sole cause and blame. of course there are exceptions (e.g. opiates being extremely chemically addictive) but really most times the drug is just the visible manifestation of an interior, individual 'problem'. when i went off the rails last year i wouldn't say it was 'because' of drugs-- i was unhappy emotionally and personally. so it's not so much a blurring between user/addict, it's a blurring between cause/effect.
11 Bravo
Banned
so ive been eating healthier for the past few months but decided that every two weeks i would eat at my favorite buffet....old country buffet.  i figured it was ok to do that twice a month.  good idea or bad idea?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard