DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6838|Disaster Free Zone

Kampframmer wrote:

menzo wrote:

so much paper and excel

yai uni!

http://static.bf2s.com/files/user/23110 … 6x1050.JPG
Clean your desk bro, it looks like shit. Mine is always neat, but then again, I'm very precise when it comes to the location of objects on my deks. OCD as fuck
It's not that bad...
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6928|PNW

Kampframmer wrote:

Anyone here that studies or has studied anthropology or something similar? I'm looking into studying something like that next year
Hope you like getting your hands dirty.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4999|Amsterdam

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Kampframmer wrote:

Anyone here that studies or has studied anthropology or something similar? I'm looking into studying something like that next year
why is that?
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6443|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

Kampframmer wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Kampframmer wrote:

why is that?
Doesn't anthropology include "hands-on" experience with dead pigs or even humans?
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6732|London
I have a friend who's studying it. Pretty much one of those 'do it because you love it, but don't expect to gain anything' type degrees.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4999|Amsterdam

FloppY_ wrote:

Kampframmer wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

why is that?
Doesn't anthropology include "hands-on" experience with dead pigs or even humans?
wuuut? I wasnt aware there was a human dissection in anthropology. Didnt realise they put so much emphasis onthe biological side of humans
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4999|Amsterdam

Aries_37 wrote:

I have a friend who's studying it. Pretty much one of those 'do it because you love it, but don't expect to gain anything' type degrees.
Yeah, kinda figured that.
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6732|London
There is nothing of the sort AFAIK. Maybe floppy is thinking of forensic anthropology and newbie was thinking of archeology

edit: Yes its interesting. I've looked into bits and bobs out of curiosity as well. But me and my friend both know he's going to end up either unemployed or teaching anthropology to other poor saps

Last edited by Aries_37 (2011-02-08 14:23:52)

Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4999|Amsterdam

Aries_37 wrote:

There is nothing of the sort AFAIK. Maybe floppy is thinking of forensic anthropology and newbie was thinking of archeology
woops, didnt realise it was floppy posting it. I'm suddenly taking it a lot less serious.

I always figured it was a study about human behaviour and cultural development with a bit of biology(just to know how a person works/thinks) and some psychology
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4999|Amsterdam
Thats my greatest fears with those kind of studies. You end up teaching or stay on the uni as a researcher. They told me the same shit biology when i asked em what u could do with it. They fell a bit silent and then told me you could teach....  or... maybe do a little research on the uni. Thats when i decided not to study biology
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6732|London

Kampframmer wrote:

Thats my greatest fears with those kind of studies. You end up teaching or stay on the uni as a researcher. They told me the same shit biology when i asked em what u could do with it. They fell a bit silent and then told me you could teach....  or... maybe do a little research on the uni. Thats when i decided not to study biology
Biology is probably not too bad in that you can always go into something medically related if that stuff interests you. I know someone who's gone from biology into banking (but you get into banking from pretty much anything, alot of engineers do it) but you can always do stuff like medical writing or move on to post-grad medicine.

Anthropology is more likely to land people in something really generic like admin or management.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4999|Amsterdam
its sad to know that you go thorugh an entire uni study just to end up as something anybody could be
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6732|London
Meh most 'interesting' courses are like that. At least you do something you enjoy for 3 years.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6443|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

Kampframmer wrote:

woops, didnt realise it was floppy posting it. I'm suddenly taking it a lot less serious.
Well, fuck you too..
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4999|Amsterdam

FloppY_ wrote:

Kampframmer wrote:

Well, fuck you too..
No offense, but you sort of brought it on yourself
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5945|Catherine Black
You did sort of bring it on yourself, no offense.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4999|Amsterdam

Aries_37 wrote:

Meh most 'interesting' courses are like that. At least you do something you enjoy for 3 years.
Yeah thats true, but 3 years of fun for 30 years of shit. seems a bit silly
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,977|6788|949

Kampframmer wrote:

Aries_37 wrote:

I always figured it was a study about human behaviour and cultural development with a bit of biology(just to know how a person works/thinks) and some psychology
depends - biological anthropology tends to open up avenues to other shit. One of my friends is studying at Cambridge for her phd, has a masters and undergrad in biological anthropology.  Or you could go cultural anthropology, if you like the sort of stuff from Jared Diamond (Guns Germs and Steel, Collapse).  But like others have said, there's not too many career-oriented avenues in the private sector for either.
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6732|London
Wow lots of old timers coming back to the forums with the bf3 announcement.

If bf2s tracks bf3 stats we could have an actual community on our hands again omg!
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6811

Gay.

I don't like noobies.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4999|Amsterdam

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Kampframmer wrote:

Aries_37 wrote:

depends - biological anthropology tends to open up avenues to other shit. One of my friends is studying at Cambridge for her phd, has a masters and undergrad in biological anthropology.  Or you could go cultural anthropology, if you like the sort of stuff from Jared Diamond (Guns Germs and Steel, Collapse).  But like others have said, there's not too many career-oriented avenues in the private sector for either.
I was going for cultural, good thing it was just sort of an idea and not my whole plan for next year. The proble with the study is, I don't give a shit about people and their lives. I find people fascinating, but in the same way i find most animals fascinating.
Sturgeon
+488|5097|Flintshire
Going on holiday tomorrow
https://bf3s.com/sigs/3dda27c6d0d9b22836605b152b9d214b99507f91.png
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6728

to England?
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4999|Amsterdam

Sturgeon wrote: