FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6506|so randum
the irony of someone from Switzerland laughing at France's military record re; WWII is delightful btw.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6360

coke wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Buying weapons from the French is funny somehow.
Despite France being one of the top 4 military exporters in the world...
Becuase ~ They have some good stuff.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6159|what

FatherTed wrote:

the irony of someone from Switzerland laughing at France's military record re; WWII is delightful btw.
The fact that this was pointed out by an Irishman is humorous to me.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6503

AussieReaper wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

the fact that an Aussie found humor in this delights me . . .
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6159|what

burnzz wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

Why?

Someone from Switzerland laughing at someone from France is funny, because Switzerland was less resistant to the Nazi's than the French were. And that was pointed out by a Irishman. And they were even more passive that Switzerland.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6474

AussieReaper wrote:

burnzz wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

Why?

Someone from Switzerland laughing at someone from France is funny, because Switzerland was less resistant to the Nazi's than the French were. And that was pointed out by a Irishman. And they were even more passive that Switzerland.
Well, the Irish at least refrained from secretly manufacturing weapons for ze jermans.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6112|eXtreme to the maX

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

burnzz wrote:

Why?

Well, the Irish at least refrained from secretly manufacturing weapons for ze jermans.
The Irish were planting bombs in London during WW2, and cooperating with the Germans.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Dayarath wrote:

Furthermore, your notion here implies that the US government is filled with people who would sacrifice thousands of their own to destabilize the world economy and lose trillions in Afghanistan (a country which until 2010 was believed to have no natural resources at all) and Iraq for.... no gain to anyone but Israel.
Afghanistan was a given after 9/11.

Iraq does have extensive natural resources, factions in the US govt have been salivating over the prospect of invading Iraq and/or Iran for decades now, they don't give a toss how many Americans die or how many tax dollars get spent - they'll get their kickbacks from the oil companies and military suppliers and retire in splendour behind their security gates and armed guards.

As for Israel, there are even more people who would gladly see America bankrupted and burnt out in military adventures if it meant Israel gets what the bible says is their due.

As for your other points, Israel has everything to gain by destabilising the surrounding area and having the US neutralise any real military threat against them. If their neighbours are sufficiently destabilised they won't be able to mount a realistic threat. The occasional jihadist suicide bomber strengthens their arguments, country-sized armies or weapons programs and its easier to let the americans do the fighting.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5479|Ventura, California

coke wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Exporters of shit yeah...I don't know what kind of weapons they're exporting but if it's anything French-made it's shit.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6727|Sydney, Australia
France are the world's 4th largest exporter of arms. How can you be so dense?
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
Tell me what they export McMinty, then we'll talk.

Last I checked unless they're making somebody else's gun I highly doubt their exporting their shit small arms.

--- edit ---

Considering like 99% of their small arms are utter shit.

--- edit 2 ---

I won't deny they export a lot of arms. You just seem to be missing the point that I can't understand why anybody would want French designed weapons since they're utter shit.

Last edited by -Sh1fty- (2011-01-30 22:11:03)

Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6154|'straya
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dassault_Aviation#Military
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thales_Group
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EADS
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GIAT_Industries

4th largest exporter of arms and the 3rd largest military budget in the world. They have a large defence industry that makes great systems from small arms to aircraft carriers.

In my opinion I would place them 2nd or maybe third in terms of quality military products.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
I don't doubt they know their stuff as far as vehicles go. Their small arms are a joke though, AFAIK.

French SMGs:

# MAS-38
# MAT-49
# Hotchkiss 'Universal'
# MGD PM-9
# Gevarm D4

French Assault Rifles:

# FAMAS

French "Military rifles":

# RSC M1917
# MAS-1949 and 49/56

French Sniper Rifles:

# FR F2
# PGM Ultima Ratio
# PGM Mini-Hecate .338

French Machine Guns:

# MAS-36
# RSC M1917
# MAS-1949 and 49/56

That stuff is crap, utter crap. I'm unaware of their reliability but just look at that design, horendus. Don't get me started on that annoying FAMAS all video games make out to be an amazing AR.

Last edited by -Sh1fty- (2011-01-30 22:20:31)

-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
If you want "good" (Situational of course) firearms go to Israel, Germany, Italy, the United States, Belgium, Russia.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

-Sh1fty- wrote:

If you want "good" (Situational of course) firearms go to Israel, Germany, Italy, the United States, Belgium, Russia.
So, your opinion is based on video games, how cool they look and never mind if they're reliable or not?
OK....
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
You stubborn retard. Isreal makes amazing small arms. Germany has H&K which is outstanding, Italy has Beretta, the US has a TL;DR list, Belgium has FN and Russia...well you can't ignore their AKs. Of course there are others like England which has some pretty awesome toys, and China isn't doing too bad copying everybody else...

You're such a dumbass sometimes Dilderp.

I've probably held or fired way more weapons than you ever have. What does holding have to do you say? Seeing how the weapon's weight is distributed, the ease of reloading, customizing, etc.

I don't know why I waste my time on your ass.
mcminty

-Sh1fty- wrote:

AFAIK.
Which is, evidently, not much at all.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty

mcminty wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

AFAIK.
Have you read the posts I've written above? Debate them if there's an issue or GTFO. Insulting me doesn't make you look any smarter.
mcminty
Christ. When you post stuff like this:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Tell me what they export McMinty, then we'll talk.

Last I checked unless they're making somebody else's gun I highly doubt their exporting their shit small arms.

--- edit ---

Considering like 99% of their small arms are utter shit.

--- edit 2 ---

I won't deny they export a lot of arms. You just seem to be missing the point that I can't understand why anybody would want French designed weapons since they're utter shit.
It really really really really really sounds like you have no idea what you are talking about.

Anyway, let's talk about Israel for a change..
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6154|'straya

-Sh1fty- wrote:

mcminty wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

AFAIK.
Have you read the posts I've written above? Debate them if there's an issue or GTFO. Insulting me doesn't make you look any smarter.
The major problem I see with your argument is that you're effectively saying that small arms is the only part of the arms industry. France is well known for its Aircraft, Armoured Vehicles and Ships which is what their industry predominately focuses on. Other countries excel at the manufacturing of small arms yet don't have a military aviation/naval industry to speak of.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

-Sh1fty- wrote:

You stubborn retard. Isreal makes amazing small arms. Germany has H&K which is outstanding, Italy has Beretta, the US has a TL;DR list, Belgium has FN and Russia...well you can't ignore their AKs. Of course there are others like England which has some pretty awesome toys, and China isn't doing too bad copying everybody else...
Well, you've ignored reliability data, and you discount Russian small-arms which are buy far the most popular arms on the open market.
If you look carefully you'll see China is copying mostly russian gear, not american.

I've probably held or fired way more weapons than you ever have. What does holding have to do you say? Seeing how the weapon's weight is distributed, the ease of reloading, customizing, etc.
Combat effectiveness is what really matters, customising is for gadget gays.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

mcminty wrote:

The major problem I see with your argument is that you're effectively saying that small arms is the only part of the arms industry. France is well known for its Aircraft, Armoured Vehicles and Ships which is what their industry predominately focuses on. Other countries excel at the manufacturing of small arms yet don't have a military aviation/naval industry to speak of.
Thanks for the breather, brains, and good tone in that post. Such a relief from those other two.

I haven't said anything negative about France's other military equipment. I just think their small arms are junk. That's all I wanted to say, some people just have issues.

They make great helicopters and planes. I'm unaware of their naval industry though.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6777|PNW

CameronPoe wrote:

You do realise that AIPAC will never let that happen in a bazillion years?
When were you back?
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6360

-Sh1fty- wrote:

coke wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Exporters of shit yeah...I don't know what kind of weapons they're exporting but if it's anything French-made it's shit.
Their Aircraft. Avionics and Anti Air is all good and affordable/Maintainable which is a big consideration for a lot of countries.
Don't know much about their Naval stuff except the The Exocett missile that got the H.M.S .Sheffield was mostly luck.

It sounds a little simple, But a good rule of thumb is - If a country can put up a good Formula One team They are going to have a Good Air force.

France has never put up a bad show in fighting, It is there Geography and political conviction that trips them up.

Last edited by Hunter/Jumper (2011-01-31 07:41:42)

Hunter/Jumper
+117|6360

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

You do realise that AIPAC will never let that happen in a bazillion years?
When were you back?
I saw him 1st ! lol

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard