Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6444|The Land of Scott Walker
We used to execute folks who do this.  Does this man deserve it?

http://www.dailytech.com/Court+Sentence … e20755.htm

Mr. Gowadia, now a U.S. citizen, billed himself as "father of the technology that protects the B-2 stealth bomber from heat-seeking missiles". He was among the principle design engineers working on the B-2's propulsion system during his career with Northrop that lasted from 1968 to 1986.

In the late 1990s, he struck out on his own, founding a consulting firm in 1999 dubbed "Gowadia, Inc."

Over the next five years he reportedly proceeded to try to sell foreign operatives our nation's stealth secrets, some of which he concocted.  He sent information to operatives from Germany, Israel, and Switzerland. 

And his biggest transaction was his transmission of a wealth of data to the People's Republic of China.  That transaction allowed China to jump-start its stealth aerospace efforts and design a stealth missile.  It also netted Mr. Gowadia $110,000 USD, which he used pay off his mortgage on a luxury home on the island of Maui.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5236|Cleveland, Ohio
meh...our govt betrays our country every day
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6467

11 Bravo wrote:

Edgy!
11 Bravo
Banned

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

Edgy!
are you mocking me?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6105|eXtreme to the maX
Thats capitalism for you.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6467

11 Bravo wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

Edgy!
are you mocking me?
Yes!
11 Bravo
Banned

11 Bravo wrote:

Edgy!
are you mocking me?
Yes!
why?
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6467

11 Bravo wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

are you mocking me?
Yes!
why?
Why not?
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6152|what

Would it be fine if he only sold his own designs?

I guess the US must have it's own IP rights though.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

AussieReaper wrote:

No, the company would own it.

Breach of contract =/= treason.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5357|London, England

Dilbert_X wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

With a government contract like that the company would own nothing and the government everything as far as rights.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6152|what

Dilbert_X wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

Ah yeah, it was a private company. So breach of contract certianly, but not treason.

He shouldn't have sold the other secrets (or at least he shouldn't have been caught lol).
Stingray24
Not treason to give the enemy the ability to circumvent your country's defenses and defeat the design of it's long range bombers?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
He would have probably signed up to a pretty severe contract - but its still just a contract.
There's probably a harsh 'Secrets Act' but they're usually hard to enforce.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6152|what

Stingray24 wrote:

Not treason to give the enemy the ability to circumvent your country's defenses and defeat the design of it's long range bombers?
We were talking about the designs he created...
Stingray24
Yes and that design is one of the two features which protect the B2 bomber from being blown to bits.  Rather important feature which becomes worthless and an advantage for our enemies.
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6148|'straya

Stingray24 wrote:

Yes and that design is one of the two features which protect the B2 bomber from being blown to bits.  Rather important feature which becomes worthless and an advantage for our enemies.
Since I wouldn't classify Germany, Switzerland and Israel as enemies of the US, I can only assume you are talking about China.

Hello 1950's
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6537|Long Island, New York
I don't think Germany, Switzerland and Israel are going to be quick to develop missiles that can beat the B-2's missile defense mechanisms.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Stingray24 wrote:

Whats the big deal?

The US shares all this stuff with Israel in the knowledge it will be sold on to China.
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6467

Poseidon wrote:

I don't think Germany, Switzerland and Israel are going to be quick to develop missiles that can beat the B-2's missile defense mechanisms.
Israel maybe.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6285|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

Poseidon wrote:

Israel maybe.
If the US didn't like Israel, you'd think they would have "free'd the shit out of" that area a long time ago no?
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
11 Bravo
Banned

FloppY_ wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Israel maybe.
If the US didn't like Israel, you'd think they would have "free'd the shit out of" that area a long time ago no?
i dont like israel or germany
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6285|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

11 Bravo wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Israel maybe.
Well hello there Mr. Unites States of America.. I didn't know you were online today... How do you feel about the french while we are at it?
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
11 Bravo
Banned

FloppY_ wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Well hello there Mr. Unites States of America.. I didn't know you were online today... How do you feel about the french while we are at it?
bunch of twats
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5357|London, England

FloppY_ wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

I hate the Danish. Not to be confused with these:

https://gailschwartz.com/west_coffee/assets/cheese-danish.jpg

I love cheese danish.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard