UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5078|Massachusetts, USA

lowing wrote:

UnkleRukus wrote:

lowing wrote:

might wanna go back read what I posted then make a different comment. One that address what I said.
Dude, I'm just getting my facts straight here.
The facts are addressed already, your conclusions based on what you just read is off the mark. I merely suggested you go back and re-read what was said, maybe you can draw a more coherent conclusion.
Or maybe you can not be a dickhead for once in your life. I'm one of those people who needs to be shown things. That's how I learn. I don't learn by having some bloke tell me to "go read this subject you know very little about and come back and make an opinion on it."
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5627

UnkleRukus wrote:

lowing wrote:

UnkleRukus wrote:

The facts are addressed already, your conclusions based on what you just read is off the mark. I merely suggested you go back and re-read what was said, maybe you can draw a more coherent conclusion.
Or maybe you can not be a dickhead for once in your life. I'm one of those people who needs to be shown things. That's how I learn. I don't learn by having some bloke tell me to "go read this subject you know very little about and come back and make an opinion on it."
Sounds like you have a learning disability. trolololol
UnkleRukus
That Guy

Macbeth wrote:

UnkleRukus wrote:

lowing wrote:

Well my town did have one of those "state schools" in it.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5743|College Park, MD

UnkleRukus wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

UnkleRukus wrote:

Well my town did have one of those "state schools" in it.
wat
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6693|USA

UnkleRukus wrote:

lowing wrote:

UnkleRukus wrote:

Sorry, when I said you need insurance to finance a car or register it to drive on public roads, and that you do not need insurance to buy a car, I kinda assumed it meant exactly that, and not the conclusions you came up with, that why buy a car if you can't drive it.
UnkleRukus
That Guy

lowing wrote:

UnkleRukus wrote:

lowing wrote:

Sorry, when I said you need insurance to finance a car or register it to drive on public roads, and that you do not need insurance to buy a car, I kinda assumed it meant exactly that, and not the conclusions you came up with, that why buy a car if you can't drive it.
It's aight bro, lets just get on with the topic. I should probably pick my words better anyways.
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6396

lowing wrote:

UnkleRukus wrote:

lowing wrote:

might wanna go back read what I posted then make a different comment. One that address what I said.
Perhaps he is young ? How old are you Unkel ?
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6579|Long Island, New York

JohnG@lt wrote:

UnkleRukus wrote:

lowing wrote:

You need insurance to get plates. You don't need it to purchase the vehicle.
So basically, you do need insurance one way or another in order to buy and then operate a vehicle.

My point stands.

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

lowing wrote:

UnkleRukus wrote:

Perhaps he is young ? How old are you Unkel ?
"excluding juvenile text"
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5279|Cleveland, Ohio
lol nice
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,974|6674|949

you don't need insurance to finance a vehicle.  At least in California.
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
+444|6172|North Tonawanda, NY

Poseidon wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

UnkleRukus wrote:

So basically, you do need insurance one way or another in order to buy and then operate a vehicle.

My point stands.
You can own the car without insurance.  You can operate it solely on private land without insurance.  To take it out on public roads, liability insurance makes perfect sense...since you can totally fuck up someone else's person or property with it.  If your car has a lein on it, then you need collision and comprehensive as well, to protect the bank (since the car is collateral).  At least, this is how it is in NY.
UnkleRukus
That Guy

SenorToenails wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

My point stands.
You can own the car without insurance.  You can operate it solely on private land without insurance.  To take it out on public roads, liability insurance makes perfect sense...since you can totally fuck up someone else's person or property with it.  If your car has a lein on it, then you need collision and comprehensive as well, to protect the bank (since the car is collateral).  At least, this is how it is in NY.
That's how it should be everywhere.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5279|Cleveland, Ohio

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

really?  i find that odd tbh.  what is the reasoning behind that?

Last edited by 11 Bravo (2011-01-27 16:33:52)

Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5743|College Park, MD

11 Bravo wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

does Cali need reasoning for its rules?
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5400|London, England

Poseidon wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

UnkleRukus wrote:

My point stands.
Then you're a bigger idiot than I thought if you can't see the difference.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

SenorToenails wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

My point stands.
You're right, it does make perfect sense. I'm not arguing the law. I'm just saying, in essence, there IS another form of a government mandate that forces you to get insurance.
UnkleRukus
That Guy

JohnG@lt wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

My point stands.
Even I understood it quicker than him. That's saying a lot.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,974|6674|949

11 Bravo wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

You need insurance AFTER you finance the vehicle, to protect the financed asset.  But for the initial finance, they do not require insurance.
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia

Poseidon wrote:

You're right, it does make perfect sense. I'm not arguing the law. I'm just saying, in essence, there IS another form of a government mandate that forces you to get insurance.
But only if you want to use public roads.  And mostly it's to protect everyone else, not you.  You don't need to own a car to get around, so only convenience is the 'force' here.
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

You need insurance AFTER you finance the vehicle, to protect the financed asset.  But for the initial finance, they do not require insurance.
As in, you don't need insurance to apply for financing?  That's the case here too...but at that point, it still belongs to the seller.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

JohnG@lt wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

My point stands.
IT IS GOVERNMENT. MANDATED. INSURANCE. In some way or form.

SenorToenails wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

But only if you want to use public roads.  And mostly it's to protect everyone else, not you.  You don't need to own a car to get around, so only convenience is the 'force' here.
Yes, but who buys a car to drive it on private roads only? And I understand it's to protect other people, I understand that 100%. But at the same time, it's exactly the point I made. The typical person who buys a car to commute to work or for whatever normal reason is going to be forced to buy insurance at one point.

Last edited by Poseidon (2011-01-27 16:51:35)

west-phoenix-az
Guns don't kill people. . . joe bidens advice does
+632|6431
From my experience the lender wants their property (because it isn't yours until its fully paid for) insured..... just like a mortgage.
https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5400|London, England

Poseidon wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

My point stands.
IT IS GOVERNMENT. MANDATED. INSURANCE. In some way or form.
For a non-necessary item. I can live my life without a car. I can't very well live my life without my life now can I?
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia

Poseidon wrote:

SenorToenails wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Yes, but who buys a car to drive it on private roads only? And I understand it's to protect other people, I understand that 100%. But at the same time, it's exactly the point I made. The typical person who buys a car to commute to work or for whatever normal reason is going to be forced to buy insurance at one point.
Farmers.  People with a lot of land.

Also, it's not required.  I can choose to live where I can walk to work (I did it for over 2 years), and not have a car (I lived on my own without one for 6 years, though 3 were on a college campus).  I don't need to own a car, and quite frankly, I'd have a ton more money if I didn't own one.  I don't see it as 'mandated' since I can very easily live without it.

Last edited by SenorToenails (2011-01-27 17:00:41)

Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

SenorToenails wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

SenorToenails wrote:

Yes, but who buys a car to drive it on private roads only?
Farmers.  People with a lot of land.

Even if you could draw a parallel between mandated health insurance and the auto insurance rules, there is a big difference:  auto insurance is largely meant to protect the other guy, not you.
But which is the more often?

I'm not saying they are exactly they same. They obviously aren't. And as I said, I do get that the auto insurance mandate is meant to protect possible victims of an accident. However, in basic terms - it is the government forcing you to get insurance. It's obviously for different reasons than with the health reform bill, but in the end the government is still forcing you to do something. And nobody's ever really had a problem with it.

And hell, I don't even really agree with the mandate with the health care reform bill. All I'm saying is this hubbub about how it's unconstitutional and everything else should be applied to the auto insurance mandate, but it isn't. For a reason.

Last edited by Poseidon (2011-01-27 16:59:24)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard