Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6805|Nårvei

What would Brian Boitano do?
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5233|Cleveland, Ohio
please stay on topic.  no spam.  thank you.
Varegg
+2,206|6805|Nårvei

11 Bravo wrote:

please stay on topic.  no spam.  thank you.
Coming from you is just
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
11 Bravo
Banned
are you a mod or not?  do you need a review of the rules?
Varegg
+2,206|6805|Nårvei

11 Bravo wrote:

are you a mod or not?  do you need a review of the rules?
Coming from you that is just
11 Bravo
Banned
are the rules the rules or no?
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6533|Long Island, New York

lowing wrote:

Love your passion Poseidon. However, you are definitely naive if you think Lebron or anyone else would rather "play together" then get paid huge.

So what if Lebron signed for 15 million a year instead of 20 million. Poor thing. Don't think that all the hype and suspense ( that you bought into obviously) about "will he stay or will he go", was not a calculated publicity stunt. He now has more people following his every move than ever before. This translates into dollars. How much more valuable would Lebron be with a championship ring on his finger? Everything these guys do in their profession has been planned out by a gaggle of agents, mangers, financial advisers and probably his mother. You are naive if you think Lebrons financial future was not a major consideration in the decision to move. THe publicity over this move probably netted him more money outside the sport than he "lost" by leaving Cleveland. But then again, you are the one that apparently follows these guys like a lost puppy.

As far as the strike goes, can you believe the gall it takes for the OWNER of a business to think he should make more from that business than the employees? THey say paying these assholes is bleeding them dry. I believe it. I also think the public is sick to death of these jack offs and their million dollar a game salaries. Sorry if I offended you by calling your heroes jack offs and assholes, but when will you learn that in business, be you an employee or an owner, EVERYTHING comes down to profit and loss.
And you still have no idea what you're talking about. Wow. Maybe when you actually watch some sports instead of sitting on your ass all day arguing about a topic in which you really have no interest in other than attempting to prove yourself right, we'll talk. LeBron had sponsorships and deals EVERYWHERE even previous to signing with the Heat. If anything, more people hate him now and LESS people will buy his jersey. Previously, you'd see LeBron jerseys everywhere. I saw them on Long Island, I saw them in NYC. I saw them in pretty much every state when I drove down to FL in late '08. Now you will not see that except in Florida. WHY would he sign with the Heat then? It's to win a championship. That is the goal of almost every single athlete, and if you think otherwise you simply have no idea what you're talking about. I've stated previously that yes, of course they want money - this is their JOB. But you consistently think that money is the only thing that drives athletes. You are wrong, have been wrong, and will continue to be wrong.

And I legitimately lol'd when you said "oh he's getting $15 mil instead of $20 mil". This, coming from someone who has bitched on these forums for 5 years about paying taxes. $5 mil is not chump change. Not to mention that Ilgauskas, Miller and several other members of the Heat all took less money for a chance to play with the big 3.

I also think the public is sick to death of these jack offs and their million dollar a game salaries.
Nope. Most people are content with a salary cap system in the NHL, NFL and NBA and the luxury tax system in the MLB. Only people who have never watched professional sports are not happy with it because they don't understand it. Just like you.

Keep trying to relate your war profiteering job to professional sports just because they're both businesses. I see the black and white views you hold don't just stop in the political sector.

Last edited by Poseidon (2011-01-25 07:59:12)

loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6574|Columbus, OH

11 Bravo wrote:

well mr hurricane.....

i for one want the packers to win.  why you ask?  because i want rogers to win only two superbowls with green bay so it will shut the farve fans up once and for all.
I am somewhat divided on who I want to win. Green Bay for the exact same reason or Steelers to represent the AFC North divison
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6647|USA

Poseidon wrote:

lowing wrote:

Love your passion Poseidon. However, you are definitely naive if you think Lebron or anyone else would rather "play together" then get paid huge.

So what if Lebron signed for 15 million a year instead of 20 million. Poor thing. Don't think that all the hype and suspense ( that you bought into obviously) about "will he stay or will he go", was not a calculated publicity stunt. He now has more people following his every move than ever before. This translates into dollars. How much more valuable would Lebron be with a championship ring on his finger? Everything these guys do in their profession has been planned out by a gaggle of agents, mangers, financial advisers and probably his mother. You are naive if you think Lebrons financial future was not a major consideration in the decision to move. THe publicity over this move probably netted him more money outside the sport than he "lost" by leaving Cleveland. But then again, you are the one that apparently follows these guys like a lost puppy.

As far as the strike goes, can you believe the gall it takes for the OWNER of a business to think he should make more from that business than the employees? THey say paying these assholes is bleeding them dry. I believe it. I also think the public is sick to death of these jack offs and their million dollar a game salaries. Sorry if I offended you by calling your heroes jack offs and assholes, but when will you learn that in business, be you an employee or an owner, EVERYTHING comes down to profit and loss.
And you still have no idea what you're talking about. Wow. Maybe when you actually watch some sports instead of sitting on your ass all day arguing about a topic in which you really have no interest in other than attempting to prove yourself right, we'll talk. LeBron had sponsorships and deals EVERYWHERE even previous to signing with the Heat. If anything, more people hate him now and LESS people will buy his jersey. Previously, you'd see LeBron jerseys everywhere. I saw them on Long Island, I saw them in NYC. I saw them in pretty much every state when I drove down to FL in late '08. Now you will not see that except in Florida. WHY would he sign with the Heat then? It's to win a championship. That is the goal of almost every single athlete, and if you think otherwise you simply have no idea what you're talking about. I've stated previously that yes, of course they want money - this is their JOB. But you consistently think that money is the only thing that drives athletes. You are wrong, have been wrong, and will continue to be wrong.

And I legitimately lol'd when you said "oh he's getting $15 mil instead of $20 mil". This, coming from someone who has bitched on these forums for 5 years about paying taxes. $5 mil is not chump change. Not to mention that Ilgauskas, Miller and several other members of the Heat all took less money for a chance to play with the big 3.

I also think the public is sick to death of these jack offs and their million dollar a game salaries.
Nope. Most people are content with a salary cap system in the NHL, NFL and NBA and the luxury tax system in the MLB. Only people who have never watched professional sports are not happy with it because they don't understand it. Just like you.

Keep trying to relate your war profiteering job to professional sports just because they're both businesses. I see the black and white views you hold don't just stop in the political sector.
THen tell me why was there all the drama , "suspense" and publicity surrounding his decision? It is called marketing and publicity. So what, he is now the NBA "bad boy" so was Dennis Rodman, don't think he was hurt too bad. Winning a championship ups their cred and their earnings. That is no big secret.

Actually I think the average person in todays economical climate is sick to death of spending several hundred dollars just to see a game.

I suppose I am not all wrapped up in someone else's life like a pro athlete as you are but hey, if you want to go on thinking these guess do not view their careers as a business, and run their careers as a business, with agents and advisors and managers, and financial advisors, that all they wanna do is play ball with their buddies, and that winning a championship does not equate to greater demand and bigger dollars for the champs, go ahead. I will just have to respectfully disagree.

Last edited by lowing (2011-01-25 15:12:40)

Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6533|Long Island, New York

lowing wrote:

I will just have to respectfully be wrong.
I can deal with that.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6647|USA

Poseidon wrote:

lowing wrote:

I will just have to respectfully be wrong.
I can deal with that.
figures.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard