AdamEcks
+1|6718|Canada, Eh.

{CN}420 wrote:

Adam, I agree thats the red name tag bug, but you can't explain the compass dude. You got caught with your pants down man. Get over it and stop crying.
The compass has been explained time and time again. Please fuck off now.
Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6709|San Francisco
I'm backing up AdamEcks.  He's being "defensive", {CN}420, quite simply because you're being a complete ass.
When the UAV radar swath passes by your mini-map, enemies show up.  Noting how zoomed in the mini-map is (in order to show the bug more closely), it's perfectly plausible to have the small swath NOT appear in the map while you are seeing enemies.  They stay in view even when the swath isn't passing by until the UAV completely goes away.
{CN}420
+30|6693
Sad like your typing indeed. Anyway, I didn't want a flame war, the dude called me a fucktard. What was I to do?
Ziggy_79x
+4|6701
He is holding an MEC pistol. So unless he is USA and picked up an MEC kit (which I doubt since with 2 MEC guys standing right by him he would be dead) then it is the red name bug. As for the compass, I agree it is a little weird but I seriously doubt he is hacking and you guys have no solid proof so leave it alone.

Last edited by Ziggy_79x (2006-02-15 12:54:37)

l41e
+677|6663

GET A FUCKING LIFE. If you need gratification from telling people they're wrong, do it somewhere else.

Ok. The squad leader of squad 6 is the guy right below the minimap in the screen. See him? He's standing up.

Market is NOT right next to Train Accident, far from it.

"Very true Torin, but you know as well as I the enemy on the UAV would of disappeared if it was on the half rotation." No, they don't. I have to know, have you EVER been commander?

"Show the whole compass"?! I'm sure he has a time machine to make him go back to this round. Even with BattleRecorder you can't do that.

And if it IS a hack (it's not, for the millionth time), WHY ARE THERE NO OTHER RED DOTS? At this point in the game, there would most likely be at least a few people rushing towards Train Accident to attack or defend. If it were (again, it's NOT) a hack, there would be other red dots.

THE END. Shut up. It's not a hack.

Oh, and one side note...how would you know what a hack looks like?
{CN}420
+30|6693

Marconius wrote:

I'm backing up AdamEcks.  He's being "defensive", {CN}420, quite simply because you're being a complete ass.
When the UAV radar swath passes by your mini-map, enemies show up.  Noting how zoomed in the mini-map is (in order to show the bug more closely), it's perfectly plausible to have the small swath NOT appear in the map while you are seeing enemies.  They stay in view even when the swath isn't passing by until the UAV completely goes away.
I'm being an ass by expressing my views? No sir, this dude is telling me to fuck off, calling me a fuck tard, getting upset at TEXT on the internet. He is being the ass dude.
Torin
+52|6707
This thread reminds me of the show Myth Busters.

Busted!
AdamEcks
+1|6718|Canada, Eh.

{CN}420 wrote:

Sad like your typing indeed. Anyway, I didn't want a flame war, the dude called me a fucktard. What was I to do?
Sorry, you did want a flame war when you walked in here not knowing the facts or even looking at the facts presented and accused me of hacking. You obviously are having a difficult time procssing the little bit of information layed out in front of you so just say the first thing that comes to mind. This is why you are being a fucktard.
Rathji
+1|6698

{CN}420 wrote:

If you called him a hacker, what was he to do?
l41e
+677|6663

Ziggy_79x wrote:

He is holding an MEC pistol. So unless he is USA and picked up an MEC kit (which I doubt since with 2 MEC guys standing right by him he would be dead) then it is the red name bug. As for the compass, I agree it is a little weird but I seriously doubt he is hacking and you guys have no solid proof so leave it alone.
Exactly. And the kill records? Someone killed someone with the American 92FS. And it's in red. So he IS on MEC, it IS the red tag bug, and it is NOT a hack.
wannabe_tank_whore
+5|6793

ProjectVORTEX wrote:

I'm inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt.  You can't see much of the compass, granted, but if the UAV was centered over the marketplace as he says it was, then the UAV itself wouldn't show up because the compass does not extend far enough south to cover it.
You will always see the UAV as it has a limit to the area it covers.  Those enemies that it reveals will always show up under its sweeping arm. 

The commander could have spotted all of those infantry and the chat of the people pushed the commander's "enemy spotted" off the screen.  My question would be... can you change the text of your allies to display in red?  Mine show up in blue.  Green for squad talk.
DoobieUB
+0|6715|Behind my keyboard
AdamEcks, you try and give info to the community and be helpful and all you get is grief.

nevermind, some people just love to flame.

thnx for the heads up.

P.S i'm suprised that some people think EA would have fixed everything with a magic wand i mean new patch. Looks like we will have to wait for the next one and the next one and the next one and the next one and the next one and the next one and the next one and the next one and the next one and the next one and the next one and the next one and the next one.
Nutritional
+0|6661
First off, I'd like to thank a lot of the people in this thread and the last one I read for making me laugh and smile so much. I see a lot of idiocy at the Forum I usually post in, but that kind of idiocy is usually random and doesn't have much basis. Here, I see a bunch of bitter preteens who really seem to have nothing better to do than attempt to exercise their abilities as a lawyer.

Don't quit your day jobs, folks. ...Oh wait.
See, the facts have been presented to you fools who stick claim it to be a "hack".
OVER AND OVER AND OVER.

It boggles my mind why you choose to selectively respond like this.
Do you consiously ignore the big colourful letters in that pciture? Christ.

{CN}420 wrote:

Why areyou getting so defensive? Because your lieing. Your a douche bag who ruins games. Get some skill noob.
Ah, here's a good example of a brain functioning at below avergae levels.
Seems {CN}420 here thinks he's quite the psychologist. Able to pinpoint the EXACT reason why Adam's getting defensive! Impressive dude, where'd you get your degree? A cereal box?

You should probably be quiet now dude. The grown ups are talking.
{CN}420
+30|6693

k30dxedle wrote:

GET A FUCKING LIFE. If you need gratification from telling people they're wrong, do it somewhere else.

Ok. The squad leader of squad 6 is the guy right below the minimap in the screen. See him? He's standing up.

Market is NOT right next to Train Accident, far from it.

"Very true Torin, but you know as well as I the enemy on the UAV would of disappeared if it was on the half rotation." No, they don't. I have to know, have you EVER been commander?

"Show the whole compass"?! I'm sure he has a time machine to make him go back to this round. Even with BattleRecorder you can't do that.

And if it IS a hack (it's not, for the millionth time), WHY ARE THERE NO OTHER RED DOTS? At this point in the game, there would most likely be at least a few people rushing towards Train Accident to attack or defend. If it were (again, it's NOT) a hack, there would be other red dots.

THE END. Shut up. It's not a hack.

Show the whole compass - I am on my work computer (800x600) and I simply did not see the other half of the compass, my mistake.

As for the hack thing, how many times has people given the msx site, you know they have screenshots.
AdamEcks
+1|6718|Canada, Eh.

k30dxedle wrote:

There are screenshots all over the net of this, including the infamous one from nitro91.
DrakeRide55
+5|6668
Torin, its half zoom, not full zoom.  You cant tell that?
SGT_Squirtle
+13|6731
I frankly don't care if people hack or stat pad or whatever. It's a dead topic. Those people who do this know they couldn't get the points by themselves so they need to lower themselves to the level of pond scum so they can feel good about themselves when deep in their hearts they know they are worthless trash and they have to live with that.

Adam, if your not hacking... cool... if you are hacking... cool... doesn't matter to me, I'll hunt your ass either way.
{CN}420
+30|6693

Nutritional wrote:

First off, I'd like to thank a lot of the people in this thread and the last one I read for making me laugh and smile so much. I see a lot of idiocy at the Forum I usually post in, but that kind of idiocy is usually random and doesn't have much basis. Here, I see a bunch of bitter preteens who really seem to have nothing better to do than attempt to exercise their abilities as a lawyer.

Don't quit your day jobs, folks. ...Oh wait.
See, the facts have been presented to you fools who stick claim it to be a "hack".
OVER AND OVER AND OVER.

It boggles my mind why you choose to selectively respond like this.
Do you consiously ignore the big colourful letters in that pciture? Christ.

{CN}420 wrote:

Why areyou getting so defensive? Because your lieing. Your a douche bag who ruins games. Get some skill noob.
Ah, here's a good example of a brain functioning at below avergae levels.
Seems {CN}420 here thinks he's quite the psychologist. Able to pinpoint the EXACT reason why Adam's getting defensive! Impressive dude, where'd you get your degree? A cereal box?

You should probably be quiet now dude. The grown ups are talking.
A cereal box, heh. No my old friend used to get pissed off when he was caught lieing.

By the way I am 23, and I bet older than you. Thanks.
Torin
+52|6707

{CN}420 wrote:

Show the whole compass - I am on my work computer (800x600) and I simply did not see the other half of the compass, my mistake.
Click here: http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f74/a … morons.jpg
Scroll right.
{CN}420
+30|6693

Torin wrote:

{CN}420 wrote:

Click here: http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f74/a … morons.jpg
Scroll right.
Yeah thanks Torin, I mean the actual compass cut in half, not the zoom level.
wannabe_tank_whore
+5|6793

Torin wrote:

I am also willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, especially with the UAV deployed as the most recent thing in the chat window.

It is very possible that the UAV was deployed off of the map (as he was not fully zoomed out), and the enemies on the mini-map are a result of that. If you can not see the center of the UAV, which you obviously can't, then there is at least a 50% chance you will not see the UAV compass either.
This doesn't make sense.  If you can't see the UAV's arm then you will never be able to see the enemies.  It takes a spotting to see enemies outside the reach of the UAV's arm.
Torin
+52|6707

DrakeRide55 wrote:

Torin, its half zoom, not full zoom.  You cant tell that?
Looks like full zoom to me, can't see the Suburb or Square flag. Mind you, I don't have the zoom scales memorized for every map, so it could be half zoom. I always use it fully unzoomed, so I'm kind of just assuming.
Torin
+52|6707

wannabe_tank_whore wrote:

Torin wrote:

I am also willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, especially with the UAV deployed as the most recent thing in the chat window.

It is very possible that the UAV was deployed off of the map (as he was not fully zoomed out), and the enemies on the mini-map are a result of that. If you can not see the center of the UAV, which you obviously can't, then there is at least a 50% chance you will not see the UAV compass either.
This doesn't make sense.  If you can't see the UAV's arm then you will never be able to see the enemies.  It takes a spotting to see enemies outside the reach of the UAV's arm.
Enemies shown because of the UAV are visible for a short time after the UAV's arm passes over them. It's very plausible that the SS was taken during that time, given the level of zoom and how small the map is. (hence how large the UAV area is in comparison to the map size)
l41e
+677|6663

AdamEcks wrote:

k30dxedle wrote:

There are screenshots all over the net of this, including the infamous one from nitro91.
Eh, sorry for the confusion. I was being sarcastic.

Let's just leave it at this: It's not a hack.

Fin.
AdamEcks
+1|6718|Canada, Eh.

wannabe_tank_whore wrote:

Torin wrote:

Right, right. The UAV arm doesn't rotate, it's constantly static.....
Thanks for adding to the pile "people who look like idiots"

The are passes over the people and continues to rotate. when it's on the other side of the rotation is CANT BE SEEEEENNNNNNN.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard