globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6339|Graz, Austria

ghettoperson wrote:

What's better tasting vodka, then?
Aftershave.

Bertster7 wrote:

I've never heard anyone call it a fifth in England. Ever. It's not like I don't buy a LOT of 750ml bottles, every bottle of wine I buy is that size.

We call it a bottle. 37.5ml is a half bottle and so on...
You surely mean 37.5cl.
Or are English halves really that small?

DrunkFace wrote:

And aren't all the bottles 700ml?
Only for spirits and liquor (except sometimes in Switzerland, as well as Germany until 1971). For wine the standard is 750ml.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wine_bottle#Sizes
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weinflasch … B6.C3.9Fen
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6696|Disaster Free Zone

globefish23 wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

Only for spirits and liquor (except sometimes in Switzerland, as well as Germany until 1971). For wine the standard is 750ml.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wine_bottle#Sizes
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weinflasch … B6.C3.9Fen

DrunkFace wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

well you definitely wouldn't hear wine referred to as a fifth.  It's more a term for liquor.  Also, I think a fifth is a little more than 750ml?
757mL
seriously...

ghettoperson wrote:

It varies, some are 700, some are 750.
Really? I've only seen 700ml or a litre.

Last edited by DrunkFace (2011-01-19 13:12:52)

Brasso
+1,549|6645

svedka is really good for the price imho
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6121|eXtreme to the maX

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

That's the dumbest thing ever. A gallon should be a gallon.
US shouldn't have picked a different gallon then.
Silly Americans can't even copy the Imperial system.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2011-01-19 14:42:08)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6339|New Haven, CT
Grey Goose is smooth and doesn't burn, whereas even the highest-quality tequila pains the throat and has the disgusting taste of agave. It isn't even a close competition between the two.

Last edited by nukchebi0 (2011-01-19 15:08:56)

KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6647|949

you're like 19, you're opinion on alcohol is invalid

@dilbert: go whine somewhere else you wet blanket
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6339|New Haven, CT
i went to europe over the summer so i'm well versed in all alcohol
13rin
+977|6494
So what the difference in drunk you get between the spirits v beers v wine?
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6647|949

haha ok dude.  the thought that all tequila burns the throat is just silly.  Looks like you need to visit our southern neighbor this summer.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6512

nukchebi0 wrote:

i went to europe over the summer so i'm well versed in all alcohol

such a sophisticated palate! i'll bet you'll make a fine sommelier, or a quality tester for a well established brand! your years of experience would command only the highest pay, at the most prestigious brands! may i suggest Courvoisier, although that would entail living in Europe. oh, the hardship that would be, i know you value the wealth of knowledge and all the fine connections you have established, here in America . . .

[fucktard]

Last edited by burnzz (2011-01-19 15:22:04)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5373|London, England

nukchebi0 wrote:

Grey Goose is smooth and doesn't burn, whereas even the highest-quality tequila pains the throat and has the disgusting taste of agave. It isn't even a close competition between the two.
You're an ignorant tool.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6647|949

trollers gonna troll

my first legal drinking experience was on my 21st bday for a closed Johnnie Walker scotch tasting.  It's unfortunate that I didn't have as much knowledge and desire regarding scotch as I do now, because looking back it was a pretty sweet little event.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6512

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

trollers gonna troll
his posts are consistent, KEN. i do believe that he believes what he posts . . .
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6553|Long Island, New York

burnzz wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

trollers gonna troll
his posts are consistent, KEN. i do believe that he believes what he posts . . .
oh he absolutely does. he thinks because he (supposedly) goes to Yale he's superior to everyone. he talks shit about Uzique but really, i'd take Uzi's consistent posting over nukjob's random posts any day of the week
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6486
he talks shit about me to reaffirm the insecurities that his little college-branding clearly haven't patched up
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6705|Tampa Bay Florida

JohnG@lt wrote:

I watched an old roommate chug an entire handle of Jack once. It was a sight to behold.
without vomiting?  I call bs... what a waste of money
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6647|949

when two of my really close friends committed suicide I drank a bottle of jack.  I don't remember anything but maybe the first few swigs.  Not a good time.

There's another exposed myth - that alcohol helps you cope.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6705|Tampa Bay Florida

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Well said...
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6486
coke helps you cope

yay!
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5717|College Park, MD

DBBrinson1 wrote:

So what the difference in drunk you get between the spirits v beers v wine?
One time I had two 40s and some champagne and got stumbling drunk. No vomiting and no hangover though.

The only times I have blacked out or vomited are when I've had beer and hard liquor.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6512

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

it delays the process. i would suspect, after a bottle of bourbon, at one point one would still be boobing over whatever made them seek respite through alcohol anyways.

in stark contrast to nukjobs post, regular, heavy intake of alcohol stunts a person's emotional growth. by seeking prolonged escape through a downer like alcohol, a person does not experience all the stages needed for maturity.

regular binge drinking doesn't just damage someone physically, it stunts them emotionally and intellectually.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6647|949

prolonged use of any drug inhibits emotional growth.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5373|London, England

Spearhead wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

I watched an old roommate chug an entire handle of Jack once. It was a sight to behold.
without vomiting?  I call bs... what a waste of money
He vomited later.

When we were done with training he went on to be stationed in Germany. I heard a story about him a few years later through a mutual friend. This guy went out drinking with one of his buddies one night and they got in a car wreck on the way back to post. He woke up to find his head had gone through the windshield so he punched his way out of the glass, walked home and started drinking again. The next day he finally went to the hospital.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6339|New Haven, CT
darn, you guys have a lot of pent up hate.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6512

nukchebi0 wrote:

darn, you guys have a lot of pent up hate.
wrong thread, bro

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewforum.php?id=15

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard