Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6752|Scotland

.Sup wrote:

Kmar wrote:

MediaMonkey, because it's a perfect fit for my device and what I would like to do. If i still had a compatible device it would be iTunes. No doubt.
I don't like iTunes because it adds so many extra programs and services. Not because I don't have enough RAM but because I don't want extra intrusion from Apple with their services. It is a neat and organised player though.
So are most players once you play around with them enough though.

I've never quite understood why great media players with shit designs can't just grab a DECENT designer from somewhere and ask them to do a design for a fee. It's not even as if they have to get anybody remotely good, just someone that knows how colours work and know a bit of icon design. Stuff like Media Monkey and Winamp have the most godawful of designs it's not even pleasant looking at their stock versions.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6597|132 and Bush

.Sup wrote:

Kmar wrote:

MediaMonkey, because it's a perfect fit for my device and what I would like to do. If i still had a compatible device it would be iTunes. No doubt.
I don't like iTunes because it adds so many extra programs and services. Not because I don't have enough RAM but because I don't want extra intrusion from Apple with their services. It is a neat and organised player though.
You know, itunes cooperates much much nicer on osx. My experience at least.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6534|Long Island, New York
iTunes. Used Winamp once a few years back, never have since.

It's simple to use, works well with my iPhone (and having an iPhone pretty much forces me to use it anyways), and just works for me. No complaints from me - except when I tried to use it with Windows Vista 64 Bit. That caused a lot of problems with updating.
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6728|St. Andrews / Oslo

Kmar wrote:

.Sup wrote:

Kmar wrote:

You know, itunes cooperates much much nicer on osx. My experience at least.
Yeah, I've gotten the same impression. Though it's been a long while since I tried iTunes, so it could've (and probably has) improved since then, but at the time it was unstable, hogged memory and was just generally annoying.

But I probably won't go back, as I've grown to love MediaMonkey. I still occasionally use iTunes for podcasts though.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5698|College Park, MD
I use iTunes because it plays nicely with my iPod and iPad, and it looks good. Works fine on my Mac tbh
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
ghettoperson
+1,943|6645

I've tried things like Songbird out, but at the end of the day it struck me as using it just for the sake of not using iTunes, which looked and did things better. So I'm back on iTunes.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard