be nice
+2,646|6445|The Twilight Zone
Winamp for music because its very internet radio friendly
Splash Pro or MPCHT for video
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6189|Winland

I use AIMP2 for audio. It's like Winamp, except for the fact that it's made in Russia, and it actually left the 90's when time was due.

I use MPC-HC and CoreAVC for movies and such, and MPC-HC with the K-Lite mega pack for various other videos I need to play. If those both fail, VLC is a nice fall-back. At least as long as the file is under 2GB or so in size.

On the go, I use my trusty old Cowon D2. It's a great player, aside from the fact that the firmware constantly breaks when ID3 tags aren't formatted exactly as it wants them to be.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5780|Catherine Black

Freezer7Pro wrote:

I use AIMP2 for audio. It's like Winamp, except for the fact that it's made in Russia, and it actually left the 90's when time was due.

I use MPC-HC and CoreAVC for movies and such, and MPC-HC with the K-Lite mega pack for various other videos I need to play. If those both fail, VLC is a nice fall-back. At least as long as the file is under 2GB or so in size.
Shit, I've turned into Freezer. AIMP2 and MPC-HC, VLC backup.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6189|Winland

That's a good thing.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4960|Dundee, Scotland.
Oh, my on the go media player is a 3rd gen iPod Touch 32GB
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6278|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

Winston_Churchill wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

VLC player, easy to use, fast to install, plays everything...
Any credibility you wish you had in tech is totally invalidated by believing vlc is anything more than a piece of crap
Maybe you should just face that some people may just want to watch the stuff without caring too much if a pixel or two are off?

I don't want to download codec pack after codec pack for MPC and since VLC plays all Audio too I don't need anything else...
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
VLC for audio?

Jesus Christ Floppy what the fuck are you doing.
FloppY_
­

Finray wrote:

VLC for audio?

Jesus Christ Floppy what the fuck are you doing.
Why would I download anything that does the same when I never listen to playlists anyway?
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
So how do you listen to music? Have your music folder open and select one song at a time?

If so that's really, really, really, really, really dumb.
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6189|Winland

FloppY_ wrote:

Winston_Churchill wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Any credibility you wish you had in tech is totally invalidated by believing vlc is anything more than a piece of crap
Maybe you should just face that some people may just want to watch the stuff without caring too much if a pixel or two are off?

I don't want to download codec pack after codec pack for MPC and since VLC plays all Audio too I don't need anything else...
Dude, you need one codec pack, and that is K-Lite. With that, MPC will play everything VLC plays, aside from broken files. It'll do it quicker, faster and generally just better.
FloppY_
­

Finray wrote:

So how do you listen to music? Have your music folder open and select one song at a time?

I don't listen to music

And VLC has playlists fyi

Last edited by FloppY_ (2011-01-02 11:06:04)

Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6748|Scotland

I use MM for music. SMPlayer/MPC-HC for movies.

Currently about to switch back to WMP11 though, because it has everything I need now - full FLAC support (not official, but now it plays FLAC, allows for tagging support and there's no playback problems).
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6731|Toronto | Canada

FloppY_ wrote:

Winston_Churchill wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

I dont think you listened... it has serious performance issues with HD playback, still doesnt have proper DXVA support, blurs the picture and its colours are seriously off.  Not sure how you boiled that down to "a pixel or two are off" unless you're blind or severely retarded.

Finray wrote:

I do mine through my music folder.  Though I usually listen to entire albums at a time.  Its still much better organized using my filing system than any program I've ever tried (and I've tried winamp, foobar, itunes, aimp, mm, songbird and clementine)
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6724|St. Andrews / Oslo

We have like shit-tons of threads like this already.

I use MediaMonkey because I like it and shit. It also converts to mp3 on-the-fly when exporting to my iPod, which is nice. And it also has PARTY MODE, which sounds cool, but I've never tried it.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
Party mode is largely useless

It's meant so you can leave your computer in a room with people you don't trust enough to go on the rest of your computer. Then to disable it you click file > disable party mode or something similarly as easy. Lol
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!

I would assume you could put a password on it

yeah, you can...

https://i.imgur.com/tbBFQ.png

Last edited by Winston_Churchill (2011-01-02 12:45:39)

Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
Piss on my bonfire then
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6624|949

windows media player.  Works fine for me : )
FloppY_
­

Winston_Churchill wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Winston_Churchill wrote:

I dont think you listened... it has serious performance issues with HD playback, still doesnt have proper DXVA support, blurs the picture and its colours are seriously off.  Not sure how you boiled that down to "a pixel or two are off" unless you're blind or severely retarded.

Finray wrote:

I do mine through my music folder.  Though I usually listen to entire albums at a time.  Its still much better organized using my filing system than any program I've ever tried (and I've tried winamp, foobar, itunes, aimp, mm, songbird and clementine)
>Implying I watch anything but regular 700mb DVDrips
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!

FloppY_ wrote:

Winston_Churchill wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Finray wrote:

> you're blind or severely retarded
FloppY_
­

Winston_Churchill wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Winston_Churchill wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

I just don't care enough tbh
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!

FloppY_ wrote:

Winston_Churchill wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

you have faster internet and higher (if any) caps than me.  why wouldnt you go for at least 720p over lower than dvd quality?  i get all movies in 1080p and all shows in 720p with shitty speeds and a 95GB cap...
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6462
oh winston shut the fuck up for once in your silly little life about movie rip quality

seems to be all you talk about

it's like me harassing people in every single thread remotely related to music for not listening to originally-pressed vinyl

life is about more than your fucking media player
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
presidentsheep
Back to the Fuhrer
+208|5953|Places 'n such

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

windows media player.  Works fine for me : )
I'd type my pc specs out all fancy again but teh mods would remove it. Again.
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6189|Winland

Winston_Churchill wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Winston_Churchill wrote:

you have faster internet and higher (if any) caps than me.  why wouldnt you go for at least 720p over lower than dvd quality?  i get all movies in 1080p and all shows in 720p with shitty speeds and a 95GB cap...
Eh, dude. He doesn't care. I care, you care, but he doesn't. Just drop it and let him watch his 700MB rips if that satisfies him.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard