Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6424|North Carolina

JohnG@lt wrote:

Sure, but it doesn't require a universal government. We already have the World Bank and other NGOs set up. All they would have to do is print money to replace current currencies. Voila! Done. No more currency wars, no more devaluations, no more currency pegging, no more currency trading. Simple. Straightforward. Effective.

It's the only way free trade will really work.
Well, I think the chances of that happening are pretty low.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5377|London, England

Turquoise wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Sure, but it doesn't require a universal government. We already have the World Bank and other NGOs set up. All they would have to do is print money to replace current currencies. Voila! Done. No more currency wars, no more devaluations, no more currency pegging, no more currency trading. Simple. Straightforward. Effective.

It's the only way free trade will really work.
Well, I think the chances of that happening are pretty low.
Of course its low. Convincing any government to give up part of its power is a pipe dream. The creation of the Euro was really nothing short of a miracle.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Turquoise
O Canada
Would you support a North American unified currency?
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5055|Massachusetts, USA

Turquoise wrote:

Would you support a North American unified currency?
I would, it would be a step towards a world currency.

Side note, what are the downsides of a single currency?
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
Turquoise
O Canada
I think a world currency would be a step closer to a world government, so that's part of why I'm against it.
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5055|Massachusetts, USA

Turquoise wrote:

I think a world currency would be a step closer to a world government, so that's part of why I'm against it.
Just because there's a single currency in the world doesn't mean the entire world would be under one government. In a realistic view, all the major countries would have a single currency and there would still be other smaller countries (or even some major ones) would probably resist.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6125|eXtreme to the maX

JG wrote:

Except for the last one, these are all precisely the reasons why you would want a unified currency.
So the US and Mexico should go to the Amero now?
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Turquoise
O Canada

Dilbert_X wrote:

JG wrote:

Except for the last one, these are all precisely the reasons why you would want a unified currency.
apparently so...  lol
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5377|London, England

Dilbert_X wrote:

JG wrote:

Yep. I see no reason not to.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6516

you people have obv never been to mexico. the de facto currency is the dollar. . .
Turquoise
O Canada

burnzz wrote:

you people have obv never been to mexico. the de facto currency is the dollar. . .
Fair point, but that's a bit different from officially sharing the same currency.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6343|Graz, Austria
It doesn't matter in which currency your economy is failing and your stock markets are crashing.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard