jord
+2,382|6750|The North, beyond the wall.

cl4u53w1t2 wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

his sig says "German, is to have one thing to do for its own sake"

lol wut
hes a nazi
kekekekekeke, i'm one of the biggest israel-supporters on this forum. try harder
Why? They're both as bad as eachother.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6673|132 and Bush

cl4u53w1t2 wrote:

Kmar wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

So...you only drop your rifle halfway to the ground?

How many Frenchman does it take to defend paris?

Spoiler (highlight to read):
I don't know it's never been done.

The invasion at Normandy largely depended on the Resistance.
this is not true. with regards to operation overlord, the resistance had very little/almost no impact. the invasion mainly depended on massive air attacks and surprise (in terms of the landing zone)
http://www.museumstuff.com/learn/topics … Resistance
So that Normandy landing can be a complete success, the Allies require the French resistance networks to take part in the preparation of this operation which bears from now on the name of Overlord Operation.

Alarms are sent to resistant via the radio: the BBC, during its French broadcast, transmitted coded messages which had all their significance and their recipients. Thus, five days before June 6, 1944 (D-Day), the listeners of the French broadcast of the BBC can hear the first three lines of the “Chant d'automne” poem of Verlaine ("Les sanglots longs - Des Violons - De l'automne...").

The significance of this message is as follows: the landing will happend this week and once the three next lines of this poem are broadcasted ("Blessent mon coeur - D'une langueur - Monotone..."), the offensive will start 48 hours later. These numerous messages announce the beginning of the sabotage operations: the resistants then destroy railroads, telephone lines and install anti-tank mines on the roads. In the night of June 5, 1944, nearly 1000 sabotage actions will be carried out by the French resistance.
Most importantly they provided the intelligence for the bombing campaign.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6732|The darkside of Denver

Kmar wrote:

cl4u53w1t2 wrote:

Kmar wrote:

How many Frenchman does it take to defend paris?

Spoiler (highlight to read):
I don't know it's never been done.

The invasion at Normandy largely depended on the Resistance.
this is not true. with regards to operation overlord, the resistance had very little/almost no impact. the invasion mainly depended on massive air attacks and surprise (in terms of the landing zone)
http://www.museumstuff.com/learn/topics … Resistance
So that Normandy landing can be a complete success, the Allies require the French resistance networks to take part in the preparation of this operation which bears from now on the name of Overlord Operation.

Alarms are sent to resistant via the radio: the BBC, during its French broadcast, transmitted coded messages which had all their significance and their recipients. Thus, five days before June 6, 1944 (D-Day), the listeners of the French broadcast of the BBC can hear the first three lines of the “Chant d'automne” poem of Verlaine ("Les sanglots longs - Des Violons - De l'automne...").

The significance of this message is as follows: the landing will happend this week and once the three next lines of this poem are broadcasted ("Blessent mon coeur - D'une langueur - Monotone..."), the offensive will start 48 hours later. These numerous messages announce the beginning of the sabotage operations: the resistants then destroy railroads, telephone lines and install anti-tank mines on the roads. In the night of June 5, 1944, nearly 1000 sabotage actions will be carried out by the French resistance.
Most importantly they provided the intelligence for the bombing campaign.
Not only that but they were instrumental in disrupting german supply lines.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6673|132 and Bush

I know.
These numerous messages announce the beginning of the sabotage operations: the resistants then destroy railroads, telephone lines and install anti-tank mines on the roads. In the night of June 5, 1944, nearly 1000 sabotage actions will be carried out by the French resistance.
I was mainly replying to the pre-landing bombing runs. Since so much weight was put into that.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
SonderKommando
so claus can take his ivy league pretentiousness and suck a fat cock.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6542
he is far from ivy league
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
cl4u53w1t2
Salon-Bolschewist
+269|6545|Kakanien

Kmar wrote:

I know.
These numerous messages announce the beginning of the sabotage operations: the resistants then destroy railroads, telephone lines and install anti-tank mines on the roads. In the night of June 5, 1944, nearly 1000 sabotage actions will be carried out by the French resistance.
I was mainly replying to the pre-landing bombing runs. Since so much weight was put into that.
so, operation overlord depended on the resistance? as devastating as this would be for the american chauvinists on this forum, it's just wrong. the resistance could not decisively disrupt german supply lines. the resistance contributed some support for the allied forces but then again, it was far from being decisive
cl4u53w1t2
Salon-Bolschewist
+269|6545|Kakanien

Uzique wrote:

he is far from ivy league
you would know, going to a shitty british uni
SonderKommando
I thought he went to yale or something.  The French resistance was helpful but ultimately it was the deception of the allies at Pas de Calais and Hitlers unwillingness to allow his generals to make decisions.  IE release the armored units to reinforce the beachheads.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5546|Ventura, California
I find it hilarious that Hitler fucked up so badly. What a stubborn retard! He's Antonio Lopez de Santa Anna all over again.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6542

SonderKommando wrote:

I thought he went to yale or something.  The French resistance was helpful but ultimately it was the deception of the allies at Pas de Calais and Hitlers unwillingness to allow his generals to make decisions.  IE release the armored units to reinforce the beachheads.
you're confusing him with nukchebio0oksda
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6673|132 and Bush

cl4u53w1t2 wrote:

Kmar wrote:

I know.
so, operation overlord depended on the resistance? as devastating as this would be for the american chauvinists on this forum, it's just wrong. the resistance could not decisively disrupt german supply lines. the resistance contributed some support for the allied forces but then again, it was far from being decisive
I said largely depended on. Which it absolutely did by providing intellegence (a point you ignored), as well as the sabatoge operation. That is not to say it was the only component of prelanding preperations, or that they were the sole reason for success. However, I presented evidence of the french resistance impact and your best response is no it didn't?
Xbone Stormsurgezz
eleven bravo
+1,399|5331|foggy bottom

-Sh1fty- wrote:

I find it hilarious that Hitler fucked up so badly. What a stubborn retard! He's Antonio Lopez de Santa Anna all over again.
All over again!!!
Tu Stultus Es
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6263|Roma
Just watched the second to last episode, it's getting really exciting! It seems like Hitler is going to lose the war, but maybe the Russians and Americans will start fighting each other? Shit, wouldn't that be a pretty scary thought, two massive nations like that going at it.
I hope Hitler gets captured and put on trial.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6844|PNW

PrivateVendetta wrote:

Just watched the second to last episode, it's getting really exciting! It seems like Hitler is going to lose the war, but maybe the Russians and Americans will start fighting each other? Shit, wouldn't that be a pretty scary thought, two massive nations like that going at it.
I hope Hitler gets captured and put on trial.
/sarcasm
cl4u53w1t2
Salon-Bolschewist
+269|6545|Kakanien

Kmar wrote:

cl4u53w1t2 wrote:

Kmar wrote:

I know.

I said largely depended on. Which it absolutely did by providing intellegence (a point you ignored), as well as the sabatoge operation. That is not to say it was the only component of prelanding preperations, or that they were the sole reason for success. However, I presented evidence of the french resistance impact and your best response is no it didn't?
well, tbh i'm too lazy to name some books (or look for links) from which i got my knowledge from. the resistance providing intelligence was also far from being decisive for the outcome of the allied operations. like the sabotage acts, it had little or no impact for the successful landings

to put it very simple: with no help whatsoever of the resistance, operation overlord would have had the exact same outcome that it had
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6673|132 and Bush

You cited the bombing runs as critical. Are you saying the fr didn't provide much of the intelligence for that? The sabotoge operation did play a part, and when I am on my computer I will provide more detail. Much of the information regarding what the french did during wwii doesn't make it in to the pop culture history books or links. Unfortunately, many supposed history buffs do consider pop culture as history. Its just easy to claim superior knowledge that way. This is not nessecarily an indictment against you. But it's easy to see how the details of the behind the scene operations could get ignored, and how they could be given little relevance.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5108|Massachusetts, USA

Kmar wrote:

You cited the bombing runs as critical. Are you saying the fr didn't provide much of the intelligence for that? The sabotoge operation did play a part, and when I am on my computer I will provide more detail. Much of the information regarding what the french did during wwii doesn't make it in to the pop culture history books or links. Unfortunately, many supposed history buffs do consider pop culture as history. Its just easy to claim superior knowledge that way. This is not nessecarily an indictment against you. But it's easy to see how the details of the behind the scene operations could get ignored, and how they could be given little relevance.
French Resistance should be covered more in schools TBH.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard