FloppY_
­
+1,010|6287|Denmark aka Automotive Hell
Amount of Mass Effect 3 dialogue rivals ME+ME2

Mass Effect 3 will be a chatty one, considerably more so than its predecessors; the sci-fi trilogy’s final act will have twice the amount of dialogue over the first game.

That’s 40,000 lines, the game’s audio lead Rob Blake has revealed over Twitter: “We do our best to keep consistency but it’s tough with 40,000 lines! We’ve got new techniques on ME3 that improve it tho!”

That’s actually almost as much as both Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2 combined; the two hold 20,000 and 25,000 lines, respectively.

Mass Effect 3‘s out next March.
http://www.thatvideogameblog.com/2011/1 … als-meme2/

Last edited by FloppY_ (2011-10-15 13:36:59)

­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6539|Long Island, New York

henno13 wrote:

Well, I really hope that the co-op is optional. It's just completely unnecessary. It's not a deal breaker though.
I would think it would be. They know who they're catering to.

Anybody who says that they won't buy it because of an additional mode that may add 10 more seconds onto the final cutscene should just fuck off to be quite honest.
FloppY_
­

Poseidon wrote:

henno13 wrote:

Well, I really hope that the co-op is optional. It's just completely unnecessary. It's not a deal breaker though.
I would think it would be. They know who they're catering to.

Anybody who says that they won't buy it because of an additional mode that may add 10 more seconds onto the final cutscene should just fuck off to be quite honest.
They did say in the Multiplayer reveal that you will get a better ending the better you do Multiplayer... That is the thing that worries me..
FloppY_
­
https://i.imgur.com/H9U5R.png
Spoiler (highlight to read):
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6738|Oxferd Ohire
ok
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6470
Origin has been such a non-problem for BF3 holy shit.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6743|FUCK UBISOFT

floppy you're just going to pirate it anyways.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
FloppY_
­

Miggle wrote:

Nope, I buy games I like...
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Miggle wrote:

Right? I love when people who pirate games almost consistently bitch about anti-piracy measures put in place.
jsnipy
+3,276|6524|...

Poseidon wrote:

Miggle wrote:

Right? I love when people who pirate games almost consistently bitch about anti-piracy measures put in place.
He seems to pop in every game thread with the same theme
FloppY_
­
I love how you guys make shit up... Since I came back I've mentioned piracy once and now everyone is all "HURR DURR FLOPPY PIRATES EVERYTHING AND TALKS ABOUT IT ALL THE TIME" when in fact you are the ones talking about it...
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

jsnipy wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Miggle wrote:

He seems to pop in every game thread with the same theme
Said it himself 8 months ago. Didn't take a difficult search.

FloppY_ wrote:

Hey I "aquire" games and pay for the ones I'd like more of....
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pi … 5#p3352305

I'm also failing to see where we said you talk about it all the time... I think most people just think it's funny you're bitching about a company's anti-piracy measures when you yourself are an admitted pirate.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6691|Tampa Bay Florida
So I've been thinking of buying my first ever collector's edition of this game.  They've always seemed like a waste of money but I feel pretty sentimental about the ME series. 

Any of you ever bought a collector's edition?  Was it worth it?  Was it a waste of money?
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6718|Riva, MD
It depends what comes with it but most of the time it'll just gather dust and be worthless
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5510|America
I think if you're going to get a collector's edition of any game the case should be kept mint, and displayed somehow. not necessarily in some glorious fashion, but live it up and let people know how you feel about that game. Don't just toss it aside, you paid good money for that thing, and the series is most likely special to you. Show it off somehow. /my2cents
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6462|UK
Really can't wait for this game now!

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

Looks like I've got an epic trilogy to get through. Partway through #1, and am thinking of applying the high-res texture pack.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6470

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Looks like I've got an epic trilogy to get through. Partway through #1, and am thinking of applying the high-res texture pack.
There was a high-res texture pack?

Mother fucker.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic … /5314761/1

That's one of them. I've been told there's a slew of others that address non-character textures.
firebolt5
+114|6157
The multiplayer seems like there won't be a huge player base on PC.  It reminds me of Rainbow Six Vegas on the PC; not many people played it.  Plus imagine the gameplay:
*Running through narrow corridor*
*Enemy comes around corner and uses Pull against you*
*Proceeds to gun you down while you're helpless in midair.*
Of course they'll probably balance the powers and the game is mainly SP, so I'm not too worried.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

firebolt5 wrote:

The multiplayer seems like there won't be a huge player base on PC.  It reminds me of Rainbow Six Vegas on the PC; not many people played it.  Plus imagine the gameplay:
Of course they'll probably balance the powers and the game is mainly SP, so I'm not too worried.
I don't like the idea of coop in games like this. Even with games like Diablo and Borderlands, I preferred to solo it first so I can follow the plot without people who've already played through or just don't care rushing ahead of me or grumbling about how much time I'm taking. Mass Effect 3? I just get visions of people teabagging in the background while I'm trying to follow the cheap drama.
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6462|UK
The multiplayer is completely seperate.
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5966|London, England

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

firebolt5 wrote:

I don't like the idea of coop in games like this. Even with games like Diablo and Borderlands, I preferred to solo it first so I can follow the plot without people who've already played through or just don't care rushing ahead of me or grumbling about how much time I'm taking. Mass Effect 3? I just get visions of people teabagging in the background while I'm trying to follow the cheap drama.
what are you even talking about
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

I don't know a whole lot about ME3 multiplayer. I assumed it was coop and proceeded to explain why I don't care for coop in a story game until I've completed it myself.

It's not rocket science.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6691|Tampa Bay Florida
It's not that multiplayer is a bad thing, it's just that ME is a conversation, story based game and that kind of stuff is generally on the opposite end of the spectrum when it comes to gameplay/mechanic based multiplayer.  It's just going to feel weird going from super serious plot with characters I'm emotionally invested in and then to playing an anonymous soldier with some loud 12 year olds on XBL.  Not to mention playing the same levels over and over and over again. 

I really hope they'll release a "trilogy" with all 3 games and updated graphics.  Would be nice to play them all a part of a unified package.

Last edited by Spearhead (2012-02-11 22:17:32)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard