Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6530|Long Island, New York
Just found out Clint Mansell (The Wrestler, The Fountain, Black Swan, Requiem for a Dream, Moon) is scoring ME3.

Jack Wall did good with ME 1/2's electronic-esque soundtrack, but I can't wait to hear what Mansell's going to do.

FloppY_
­
+1,010|6279|Denmark aka Automotive Hell
They need to make this play during the credit roll in ME3
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6461

FloppY_ wrote:

Lucien wrote:

But what about the romance subplots??
according to an old thread on /v/
(in which a person claiming to be a story writer @ BioWare)
predicted alot of the stuff in the trailer and also said that the romance subplots will have a huge role as in the other games...

EDIT: He also said that the only reason there is no "gay" options for Male shepard is that the person that does his voice is a homophobe who will quit the job if he has to do gay voice-work...

Since they actually did do those recordings, I highly doubt that was the reason. No, it was something else.
FloppY_
­

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Lucien wrote:

But what about the romance subplots??
predicted alot of the stuff in the trailer and also said that the romance subplots will have a huge role as in the other games...

EDIT: He also said that the only reason there is no "gay" options for Male shepard is that the person that does his voice is a homophobe who will quit the job if he has to do gay voice-work...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPMOlEfhWGE

Since they actually did do those recordings, I highly doubt that was the reason. No, it was something else.
The vid. you linked is modded it's a maleshep put where the femshep should be
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6461

FloppY_ wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPMOlEfhWGE

The vid. you linked is modded it's a maleshep put where the femshep should be
Yes, but he does still deliver gay dialog, that only makes sense if he's gay and talking gay talk.
FloppY_
­
Oh god I must have skipped that part before D:
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5578

I was going to buy the first Mass Effect until I learned it was a third person shooter so I didn't purchase it.
FloppY_
­
/facepalm
henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6341|Belfast
Bump. Re-post from the ME2 thread. Happy now Poseidon?

Game Informer Scans (It's slightly jumbled though, sorry)

I can't believe it took someone three days to put 12 pages into a scanner

Spoiler (highlight to read):
Apparently, you get to resolve a Salarian civil war over the genophage and the Quarian/Geth conflict

This is really shaping up, and it's just the first reveal

Last edited by henno13 (2011-04-10 15:09:49)

Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6682|Tampa Bay Florida
Definitely going to get number 1 again (its like 10 or 12 bucks at gamestop now)

Mass Effect 3, Battlefield 3, Skyrim..... 2011 is going to be a good year for video games
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6490

Spearhead wrote:

Mass Effect 3, Battlefield 3, Skyrim..... 2011 is going to be a good year for video games
it has to be. i've not installed a game in a year, and even the games i currently own are stale . . .
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
There seems to be a trend of odd numbered years being outstanding, and even numbered years being kinda eh except for a few standout titles. At least for me. 2005, 2007 and 2009 were amazing gaming years in terms of titles for me, 2006, 2008, and 2010 had a few standout titles, but in general was kind of lacking. This year, with ME3, Portal 2, BF3, Skyrim, Arkham City, Rage and a few others, I'm absolutely stoked.

I'm so fucking pumped for ME3 it's unbelievable... it's crazy that a game I first played in 2007 will be affecting a game I'm playing in late 2011.

Last edited by Poseidon (2011-04-10 17:58:12)

Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6461
I hope Wrex is a compainion again.

That way, he could be all like

"Shepard"

And I could be all like

"Wrex"

then he'd be all like

"Shepard"

and I'd be all like

"Wrex"

And it would go on like that for three minutes before I get board and go listen to Ash be racist.
Stimey
­
+786|6113|Ontario | Canada
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/31122/1302493876445.jpg
­
­
­
­
­
­
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6336

tbh, I don´t think it comes this year though, I´d say early next year.

Last edited by Sisco (2011-04-10 23:11:50)

https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
Spamtheban
Undsiputed BF2s FIFA champion of all time
+132|4835|Stoke

I hope Wrex is a compainion again.

That way, he could be all like

"Shepard"

And I could be all like

"Wrex"

then he'd be all like

"Shepard"

and I'd be all like

"Wrex"

And it would go on like that for three minutes before I get board and go listen to Ash be racist.
wrex was a dick

thats why i capped his ass
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Sisco wrote:

tbh, I don´t think it comes this year though, I´d say early next year.
Agreed. I think a delay is pretty inevitable. It'd be less than 2 years since ME2 came out if it came out in November. I foresee a February release. Wouldn't bother me at all.
Stimey
­
+786|6113|Ontario | Canada
­
­
­
­
­
­
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
Mass Effect 3 is also beefing up the RPG elements to allow for branching skill trees that will allow for powers to change and evolve multiple times instead of just one.
thank fuck
Spamtheban
Undsiputed BF2s FIFA champion of all time
+132|4835|Stoke
m
i
n
t
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6453|UK

Stimey wrote:

http://www.ripten.com/2011/04/11/mass-effect-3-details-you-want-em-you-got-em/

boner
You mean Mass Erect.
henno13
+230|6341|Belfast
Stumbled upon this over at the...crazy place that is the Bioware forums:

https://i.imgur.com/HIkm7.png

He goes on later to say that it (obviously) isn't finished and that there's still a lot of work to do, but I find it interesting that it's possible to have experience a "full" playthrough so soon.

Last edited by henno13 (2011-04-12 14:40:24)

Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
Which means there's going to be months and months of polishing. Nothing wrong with that.

Last edited by Poseidon (2011-04-12 14:44:47)

henno13
+230|6341|Belfast
I never said there was anything wrong with it
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6767|Noizyland

Ashley looks like Rhona Mitra now. Too bad she died in my ME1 game.

I don't like that Jack Wall's been replaced. Mansell is a talented composer no question but Wall has created the sound of Mass Effect and anything different would be a real departure from the feeling of the game - which is a crappy thing to happen at the grand finale stage. Already there seems to be a lot of reworking, including even character redesign as shown by Ashley and Kaiden. I want BioWare to ensure that this is the finale to a great series, not a dramatic left turn in the final stages to try and do something different.

The reworking of RPG elements is probably a good thing. I've never been a fan of them but while ME1 was too much ME2 certainly had too little. ME3 will hopefully get the levels right.

A side note: Every time I see the "original" Shepherd I'm glad that you get the option of customising him.

Edit: Hey I just saw, my review of ME2 is the main one on IMDB. *sniff* I'm so proud.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard