Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6682|Tampa Bay Florida
ME2 had the best story/characters of the series.  ME3 was Gears of War with subtitles.  Overall I think ME1 was the best, just because I liked exploring planets and the menus that everyone bitched about wasn't really all that bad.

Last edited by Spearhead (2013-03-11 16:14:55)

Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6466|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Spearhead wrote:

ME2 had the best story/characters of the series.  ME3 was Gears of War with subtitles.  Overall I think ME1 was the best, just because I liked exploring planets and the menus that everyone bitched about wasn't really all that bad.
The ME1 weapon / shield / whatever inventory sucked rotten eggs but other than that, it was good stuff. Overall I liked the ME experience very, very much.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6215|Escea

Ultrafunkula wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

The ME1 weapon / shield / whatever inventory sucked rotten eggs but other than that, it was good stuff. Overall I liked the ME experience very, very much.
When I first played ME1 I was confused as hell by the upgrade system, until I realised it was on automatic the second time I played it. My second play through was much better. I enjoy all of the games, but they didn't do anywhere near enough justice for the characters at the very least with the ending of 3.

It'd be nice if they make some reference in the next one (and make it canonical) to Shepard being alive, maybe even have him in cameo, instead of completely ignoring anything that's come before.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6682|Tampa Bay Florida
The problem is, they needed to spend another 2, 3, hell, maybe even 4 years before releasing MAss Effect 3.  It was literally probably the game I was most hyped up over in my entire life.  To see it fail in so many ways was soul crushing.  They were introducing lame new characters, all of the old ones were gone, AUTODIALOGUE COMPLETELY, FUNDAMENTALLY, CHANGED THE NATURE OF THE GAME, oh ya, and the writing sucked.  And multiplayer.  I think besides BF4 and (maybe) Simcity, I will just ignore EA until it burns to the ground.  I hope they just don't take everyone down with them.

The funny thing is, I didn't even get to the ending.  I dont care about the ending.  Everyones bitching about the ending, when in fact the GAME ITSELF was massively, soul crushingly disappointing.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard