Casshan
+0|6682
I just crossed the 8000 point mark, so i have a new unlock as expected. But even after installing the new patch (1.2) it won't let me unlock the new sniper rifle. I've already unlocked the M95, but the L96A1 just isn't showing up as an option.
Also, if i were to buy Special Forces, would i get any extra unlocks? Because i see people about my rank running around with many more unlocked weapons than myself. >_>

Any info/help appreciated.
zerobeast33
+4|6699|Steel City
I *believe* to get the new sniper rifle
you have to have Euro forces 1st.

Again, like I said, I *believe*.
IvIaster.Us
+-2|6666
when we download the 1.2 pack do you get like 1 free unlock? im asking because I just got 2 unlocks like last week for absolutly nothing...i am at 8,6656 points or whatever and itll be 20,000 till i get another unlock...i really want that sniper rifle to check it out so am i either screwed or do we get a freebie
zerobeast33
+4|6699|Steel City
I think everybody got 2 "free" unlocks like a week or so ago. but their has been rumors about that as well, if those are our next unlocks for the next rank(s). But, we'll have to wait and see.   You don't get a free unlock when you d/l patch 1.2   
iviaster.us    you're at 8,6656pts  ?   dang, ur  a beast JK.
I know what you mean.
IvIaster.Us
+-2|6666
hahaha zero beast yeah i know im not  high up there or anything....in fact tho id did get 2 free unlocks a week ago...im just kicking mysler fin the butt since i diddnt save them till now....i just hope that when something happens ill be able to get that damn sniper rifle soon instead of a year from now when i reach 20,000  because i dont play everyday...thx for the advice tho
Casshan
+0|6682
I havn't seen any free unlocks on my profile at all yet. =P
bennisboy
+829|6666|Poundland
i didnt get any free unlocks either
=TH=[Eleanor]-NL-
The Karma Collector!
+233|6711|The Netherlands
dude you will need Special Forces to unlock the L96A1 and P90
PwnSauce
+0|6668
Last I've heard is that you just need SF and the M95 unlocked to get the new sniper, prolly the same goes for the P90, remember that on SF the only two kits without an upgrade in weapon were the Sniper and the AT, so this prolly makes up for it.

Hope I'm right!!!
Johnny_Quicksilver
+4|6708
yea you need SF I think because that's what people have been saying, because p90 and l96a1 are indeed SF weapons

Remember I said, "I think"

Last edited by Johnny_Quicksilver (2006-02-15 18:46:44)

IvIaster.Us
+-2|6666
ok jeez i KNOW you have to have sf but the question IS do we get a freebie or not
smefeman
+0|6770
WELL if you dont rly care about points of course you can TK for that L96 like i did... (only once the kid got so mad at me he came back and tked me like 5 times)
IGT-:-Maverick
+3|6796|UK
I believe you do need Special Forces.

The Sniper and Anti Tank classes missed out with new unlock weapons originally in Special Forces where Spec Ops got SCAR-L, Medic got G36E, Engineer got MP7, Support got MG36 and Assault got the F2000

Look at http://wiki.bf2s.com/weapons/unlocks

BTW the L96A1 sniper rifle is sweeeet ; )
spacebandit72
Dead Meat
+121|6751|Michigan
ok, the question about unlocks has been addressed several times... please use search.

It goes down like this... When EA patched their server they gave us 2 unlocks. They are for SF. This was last week some time.
If you unlocked anything that was unlockable instead of chosing later, you used up your free unlocks.
Now that you have downloaded the patch 1.2, your computer now has the information for the sniper and AT weapons.

When EA patched, it gave you the ability to unlock. It did'nt give you the actual weapon files.
When you patched, you now have the weapon files.

Unfortunatly some people chose other unlocks so, they have to wait for that awesome sniper rifle!!!
pokerplaya
want to go heads up?
+11|6754|cairns australia
it also has to do with rank.if you are not at least a sgt you wont get unlocks.and pls search mods are cranky today:D
metal1215
+18|6665|Varsseveld, Netherlands
you dont need sf for the new l96 or p90 and i dont think were gonna get a freebie, ea isnt so generous
IvIaster.Us
+-2|6666
ok then thank you my question is answered....i think when we buy the stupid upgrades and give them money we should at least get one free unlock  at purchase or something 20,000 is way too far off for that sniper...i think im going to start another account and just unlock both snipes faster than I would if I waited till 20,000 to get the freeking 20,000 points
bf2_zspyvin
+17|6704|The Netherlands

metal1215 wrote:

you dont need sf for the new l96 or p90 and i dont think were gonna get a freebie, ea isnt so generous
are u 100% sure??
metal1215
+18|6665|Varsseveld, Netherlands
no im not 100% sure but I really don't think well get a free unlock   and the l96 and p90 will be selectable as an unlock when youve got the patch   (and get promoted)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard