carnold40
+1|4920
The only basic badge that I need is the 'Basic Explosives Ordinance Badge'.

According to UBAR ( http://ubar.bf2s.com/badges.php ), I only need:

IAR: 5 Kills with any combination of C4/Claymore/AT-Mine

So if I'm readingf that right, all I really need to do is get 5 claymore kills in one round & I should the the badge. Is that right?

I guess I'm missing something because I just went into Krakand and got 7 kills with claymores, and I didn't get the badge. Am I doing something wrong?
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6662

I guess try again Was it on a ranked server? Also, try staying until the end of the round, just to be sure.
You should have gotten it since there aren't any other prerequisites.
carnold40
+1|4920
Yep, it was a ranked server and I did stay until the end of the round. LOL...yes, it took me the whole round to get 7 claymore kills. I am THAT terrible with the sniper kit....NEVER use it.

Uuuugh!...I hate to think of trying again...it took me 4 tries before I finally got it the 1st time!...lol

Side note -- my sincere apologies for the duplicate posts before this one. I was getting some weird error everytime I tried to submit it (I had no idea that it was submitting obviously).
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6662

I guess you could try C4, or maybe do 1 C4 kill with the rest claymores. I dunno what to say.
carnold40
+1|4920
LOL...as bad as I am with claymores, I'm even worse with C4. I'd just end up with a bunch of TK's.

I guess I'll try one more time with claymores, and it if doesn't work this time, then I'll just have to pass on that badge I guess.

Thanks for your help!
carnold40
+1|4920
w00t! I got it. I went into the server & tried again & it worked. I got 6 kills that time. I'm not sure what I did different this time, but I know one thing...the basics explosives badge is enough for me. I'm done with that!   lol
Perv3rt
Lookin' through your Window
+193|6248|Man Diego

Make sure the kill message is with "claymore" in the scrolling top left of the screen.  If you kill someone with a stale (meaning you died before the claymore was triggered) it will just give a generic killed message; something like Carnold40 killed Perv3rt.  You must set the claymores & be alive while they are triggered which will give the Carnold40 claymore Perv3rt.  I would recommend getting the kills with AT mines personally.  Go play some Jalalabad and place AT mines at the bottleneck of the road between Junkyard and Hotel.  Same here though, you must be alive while the AT mines are hit or you will get the generic killled message.

Hope this makes sense & helps.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6779|PNW

You're not done at just basic.

C4 on a popular helicopter pad or landmines on a high-traffic entry. Claymores in any popular alleyway or vs USMC on the first hill at Karkand will work.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard