SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6538|Mountains of NC

never played fallout either ... now that my construction work is done, I'm finding more time to catch up or play more games
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6467

SERE, have you seen the commercial? villagers running away from a dragon, badass pulling sword, running towards dragon . . .
Stimey
­
+786|6090|Ontario | Canada
got leaked for xbox today
­
­
­
­
­
­
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6538|Mountains of NC

13urnzz wrote:

SERE, have you seen the commercial? villagers running away from a dragon, badass pulling sword, running towards dragon . . .
and thats whats got me all stiffy

but I've been burned by commercials before
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4812|Amsterdam
I just pre-ordered it for PC.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6660|Tampa Bay Florida

Stimey wrote:

got leaked for xbox today
wat?
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy

SEREMAKER wrote:

Brasso wrote:

no, it's single player and first person
I meant ... is more like the gameplay of having to set all these spells and stuff ( I never played WOW, I've just seen pics of playing and w/e was on South park )

I want a game with the longivty of Red Dead Redemption
Nope, fantasy/medieval setting does not mean its anything like wow.

It has the longivity of RDR times 10, or maybe even 20, I'd say
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6507|Long Island, New York
in terms of bethesda games, I've only played Fallout 3. Yet I'm pumped for Skyrim based on three things 1) I know how loved TESIV was 2) it's open world and 3) getting into the Song of Ice and Fire series finally got me into the fantasy/medieval style genre
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy

Poseidon wrote:

in terms of bethesda games, I've only played Fallout 3. Yet I'm pumped for Skyrim based on three things 1) I know how loved TESIV was 2) it's open world and 3) getting into the Song of Ice and Fire series finally got me into the fantasy/medieval style genre
You never played oblivion?  waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

After playing Oblivion, Fallout 3 was a must buy.  No questions asked.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
i intended to play oblivion but never did.

ill probably get skyrim eventually though. too many games now D:
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6507|Long Island, New York

RTHKI wrote:

i intended to play oblivion but never did.
this

not enough time to invest so much into an older game like that tbh. if i'm going to invest 50-100 hours into a game, it's going to be a new game
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
Arkham City = probably 100 hours at least

BF3 = at least 200

Skyrim = 250

And Mass Effect 3 in Spring

I'll be set for 2 years
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6256|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

Spearhead wrote:

Arkham City = probably 100 hours at least

BF3 = at least 200

Skyrim = 250

And Mass Effect 3 in Spring

I'll be set for 2 years
Don't forget Saints Row III

And hopefully Borderlands II
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
Never played Saints Row, saw my roommate play the second one, seems like good stuff
FloppY_
­

Spearhead wrote:

Never played Saints Row, saw my roommate play the second one, seems like good stuff
Despite running at 30fps on low-medium due to being a bad port, I had as much fun with SR2 (if not more) than I did with GTA IV...
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6561|Your attic
I actually own Saints Row II (I think it came packaged with some bundle I bought on Steam) but I really couldn't get into it despite all the positive noise I heard about it, though maybe I just didn't play through enough for it to become the choas creation sandbox that it's meant to be.

On Skyrim, I pre-ordered yesterday, I really hope they've improved the things I didn't like about Oblivion, of which there were quite a few. The setting for of Oblivion was such a let down, large amounts of rolling hills might be realistic but they sure are boring as anything, that and I didn't really like all the Deadric levels.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6687|Riva, MD
That's one of the things I'm worried about as well with Skyrim, whether it's going to be completely monotonous terrain or whether they know how to mix it up.

It's not nearly as bad as the hours of walking through ash-covered mountains in Morrowind fighting nothing but Cliff Racers.  Although I did like almost all the other terrain types there.  I also loved the way the city of Vivec was built, even if it was very tedious to navigate, but with only six major cities in Skyrim I'd be surprised to see one that big

Last edited by _j5689_ (2011-11-02 08:19:28)

FloppY_
­

_j5689_ wrote:

That's one of the things I'm worried about as well with Skyrim, whether it's going to be completely monotonous terrain or whether they know how to mix it up.

It's not nearly as bad as the hours of walking through ash-covered mountains in Morrowind fighting nothing but Cliff Racers.  Although I did like almost all the other terrain types there.  I also loved the way the city of Vivec was built, even if it was very tedious to navigate, but with only six major cities in Skyrim I'd be surprised to see one that big
Have you seen NONE of the trailers?

There are TONS of mountains and valleys, this is Skyrim afterall...

Last edited by FloppY_ (2011-11-02 08:59:12)

_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6687|Riva, MD

FloppY_ wrote:

_j5689_ wrote:

Have you seen NONE of the trailers?

There are TONS of mountains and valleys, this is Skyrim afterall...
No shit, but there's ways to pull off replicating a certain geographic environment without it quickly starting to look monotonous like Oblivion did.  I think that was just a limitation of the engine though.
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6561|Your attic
From the trailers I've seen, Skyrim looks a lot more hand crafted, compared to Oblivion which I always felt had a few key areas that were worked on while the rest was just left to procedural generation - I know that wasn't quite the case - which always left it feeling a bit disjointed to me. I can only hope that the trailers are a true reflection of the entire game, I remember being pretty impressed by Oblivion's as well.

Still, the main gripe I always had with Oblivion was the constant Daedric levels, which have now been replaced with dragons that I'm a far bigger fan of.
FloppY_
­

Towelly wrote:

From the trailers I've seen, Skyrim looks a lot more hand crafted, compared to Oblivion which I always felt had a few key areas that were worked on while the rest was just left to procedural generation - I know that wasn't quite the case - which always left it feeling a bit disjointed to me. I can only hope that the trailers are a true reflection of the entire game, I remember being pretty impressed by Oblivion's as well.

Still, the main gripe I always had with Oblivion was the constant Daedric levels, which have now been replaced with dragons that I'm a far bigger fan of.
If I recall correctly the developers said in a game-world interview that Oblivions world was all automatically generated then decorated, but with Skyrim they have hand-crafted EVERYTHING to make sure it's as good as possible...

Also, yes... oblivion levels in TES:IV should have been kept to a minimum instead of the chore it became...
Stimey
­
+786|6090|Ontario | Canada

FloppY_ wrote:

Towelly wrote:

If I recall correctly the developers said in a game-world interview that Oblivions world was all automatically generated then decorated, but with Skyrim they have hand-crafted EVERYTHING to make sure it's as good as possible...

Also, yes... oblivion levels in TES:IV should have been kept to a minimum instead of the chore it became...
>Doing the main quest.
­
­
­
­
­
­
FloppY_
­

Stimey wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Towelly wrote:

>Doing the main quest.
>Implying once you completed the 1st Oblivion gate they didn't pop up as sidequests EVERYWHERE, which you had to complete if you wanted to be BFF with the local lord/countess
/Roc18 mode
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6712|FUCK UBISOFT

floppy you really don't know shit about oblivion. just stop talking.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6467

Miggle wrote:

floppy you really don't know shit. just stop talking.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard