Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6541|Long Island, New York
I can't smith a god damn thing because I don't have any gold/silver/etc ingots I only have steel and iron. But I do have gold and silver ore... where can I convert them into ingots?
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6688|United States of America
Easiest place off the top of my head is Whiterun. Right off from the entrance there is a Smelter that will turn your ore to ingots.

FatherTed wrote:

240 units of firewood, time to buy me a house B)
You just hit "chop firewood" and then go to sleep or something?

Last edited by DesertFox- (2011-11-15 21:02:30)

TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6443|Brisbane, Australia

FloppY_ wrote:

Did get that +70 stamina mask in TimmmaaaaH's screenshot above though, that nearly doubles my total Stamina :p
I have that mask, but there is actually a whole set of them. That particular one increases Archery/Lockpicking/Alchemy 20% and I also have another than increases magicka regen 100%.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6783|Great Brown North
falling off a cliff, losing two hours of play

going to bed
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6775|PNW

Um, savegames?
Reciprocity
+721|6584|the dank(super) side of Oregon

Poseidon wrote:

I can't smith a god damn thing because I don't have any gold/silver/etc ingots I only have steel and iron. But I do have gold and silver ore... where can I convert them into ingots?
smelter outside next to the blacksmith shop at the entrance to whiterun.  it's sitting behind the forge.
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5757|Roma

FFLink wrote:

Aero, no thanks required:

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=28
Oh fuck, thanks,
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4846|Amsterdam

aerodynamic wrote:

Man i really need to get over these spiders...fucking hell.
Haven't touched the game since.
How is the game so far?
I really hope you're joking.
You are not playing one of the best games of this year because there are spiders in it?

virtual and unrealistic spiders?

Big fucking deal. You need to have arachnophobia to such an extent that you need therapy if you can't continue a game because you're still freaked out over a few spiders (trust me, there will be many more).
You don't see anyone else getting PTSD because they did the dark brotherhood questline.  or looking frantically at the sky when they go to work because they just got ambushed by a dragon in a game.

If you're seriously going to download the 'no-spider-mod', then congratulations, you have made me discover a whole new form of pathetic.

Last edited by Kampframmer (2011-11-16 02:46:39)

[-DER-]Omega
+188|6830|Lithuania
i guess he won't like the boss spiders either

https://media.pcgamer.com/files/2011/02/Skryim-Trailer-Analysis-24-Spider-Bash.jpg
https://bf3s.com/sigs/fe717ed1eb823c939460a42f15bced7dd0057c51.png
Pure_Beef_68
Pure_beef_69 -1
+20|5957

[-DER-]Omega wrote:

i guess he won't like the boss spiders either

That's one big fucking spider.

So tempted to buy this game....must resist
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6694|Devon, England

Kampframmer wrote:

aerodynamic wrote:

How is the game so far?
You are not playing one of the best games of this year because there are spiders in it?

Big fucking deal. You need to have arachnophobia to such an extent that you need therapy if you can't continue a game because you're still freaked out over a few spiders (trust me, there will be many more).
You don't see anyone else getting PTSD because they did the dark brotherhood questline.  or looking frantically at the sky when they go to work because they just got ambushed by a dragon in a game.

If you're seriously going to download the 'no-spider-mod', then congratulations, you have made me discover a whole new form of pathetic.
Phobias do weird things to people. You can't know what it's like, clearly, so don't be a dick.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4846|Amsterdam

FFLink wrote:

Kampframmer wrote:

aerodynamic wrote:

How is the game so far?

Phobias do weird things to people. You can't know what it's like, clearly, so don't be a dick.
Dont be a dick?
Since when is a phobia an excuse not to play a game from the comfort and safety of you're own cozy chair because you're confronted with it?

Installing that mod will completely destroy the atmosphere of certain segments in the game. And how can those spiders still freak you out when you have the means to get rid of them? and i dont mean by modding them into bears or crabs, but by burning, shooting or slashing them.
FFLink
There is.
Yeah, you really have no idea what having a phobia is like. Logic doesn't apply. You have the means to get rid of spiders in real life, but they still fuck people up. It's just something that they can't control. You can't just say "Man up" and expect it to work. So real life or film/game, spiders are spiders to some people and they just can't look at them because their brains won't let them, basically.

Read up on phobias.
FFLink
There is.

FFLink wrote:

Yeah, you really have no idea what having a phobia is like. Logic doesn't apply. You have the means to get rid of spiders in real life, but they still fuck people up. It's just something that they can't control. You can't just say "Man up" and expect it to work. So real life or film/game, spiders are spiders to some people and they just can't look at them because their brains won't let them, basically.

Read up on phobias.
Also, spider nests are rare. It won't ruin shit to have it in place. I've only found two boss spiders so far, and the first is forced, I'm sure.

If the mods there, it's because people want it.

Oops, meant to edit.

Last edited by FFLink (2011-11-16 03:32:12)

Pure_Beef_68
Pure_beef_69 -1
+20|5957

FFLink wrote:

Read up on phobias.
True. Must be a blast to play though, i'd love to play a game knowing that i could go from happy to '100% fucking terrified' at the flick of a switch.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6289|Denmark aka Automotive Hell
A tip if any of you want to powerlevel early on or just level up your blocking skill...

Attack a weak allied/neutral enemy, e.g. a guard, and just hold your block button with a shield.. 0 damage and massive skill-levels in Block, when you feel like not leveling anymore, just holster your weapon and all is forgiven...

Last edited by FloppY_ (2011-11-16 07:19:27)

­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5757|Roma

Kampframmer wrote:

aerodynamic wrote:

How is the game so far?

Pathetic for what?
WHO THE FUCK are you to call me pathetic?
Everybody has issues, I can't stand spiders and bugs.
What if i tell you i get sick when i see a spider? Even if it's in a game it still is a spider.
And also pathetic for "not playing one of the best games of this year because there are spiders in it?".....I mean really?
You can judge me when you get to know me personally, but don't fucking call me pathetic over the internet when you barely know me.

So fuck off.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6503|so randum

DesertFox- wrote:

Easiest place off the top of my head is Whiterun. Right off from the entrance there is a Smelter that will turn your ore to ingots.

FatherTed wrote:

240 units of firewood, time to buy me a house B)
You just hit "chop firewood" and then go to sleep or something?
decided to read a skyrim wiki, tabbed back every min or so to start chopping some more so i'm about to leave whiterun, after a bit of a smithing spree i'm now level 13 C:
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Brasso
+1,549|6634

aerodynamic wrote:

Kampframmer wrote:

aerodynamic wrote:

How is the game so far?

Pathetic for what?
WHO THE FUCK are you to call me pathetic?
Everybody has issues, I can't stand spiders and bugs.
What if i tell you i get sick when i see a spider? Even if it's in a game it still is a spider.
And also pathetic for "not playing one of the best games of this year because there are spiders in it?".....I mean really?
You can judge me when you get to know me personally, but don't fucking call me pathetic over the internet when you barely know me.

So fuck off.
i have a friend that has complete and total arachnophobia.  like, she breaks down crying and screaming bloody murder if there's a spider near her.  so yeah, please fuck off and have some understanding.  it's something you can't control.

for the record i don't mind spiders in real life and i hate them in the game.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6688|United States of America
I've not really seen many spiders either. I think I fought only 2 of them as well, and those Giant Frostbites go down fairly easily (I had used a fireball scroll to weaken the boss and the two minions it had around it, but it ended up killing them all).
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6541|Long Island, New York
Spiders aren't tough for me in the game. Fucking Scourge Draugrs... different story. I went into one place in the southeast corner of the map because some guy told me it was haunted, and Lydia died because it was so fucking difficult and there was some door that kept killing everything in it's path. Really frustrating.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6503|so randum
lydia's never leaving my house, bitch knows her place
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6443|Brisbane, Australia

FatherTed wrote:

lydia's never leaving my house, bitch knows her place
The game supports your vision teddles - you marry someone by putting on an amulet and saying "sup, I am on the market lets do this" then 1 minute later you are married and she says "I love you I made you some food!" and goes back to cooking. No awkard and terrible sex scenes at least.

Some fun screenshots to help you forget about the terrible marriage system:

https://i.imgur.com/4C9v3.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/I0Qhf.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/TuCIX.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/Tib3A.jpg
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6775|PNW

What the hell is going on in that last screenshot? And I mean all of it...
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6720|Riva, MD
Man, I hate when bears get into my attic and make webs all over everything, gotta watch out for their venomous bites too

lolbearz

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard