SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6661|The darkside of Denver

Adams_BJ wrote:

is this game worth getting? I hated oblivion, but I can't put my finger on why. Maybe it was the enemies, maybe it was the world, maybe it was the graphics. Or maybe it was the fact that everything leveled up with you so you fought the same fucking thing the whole time and leveling was pointless.

so, yay? Nay?
You'll hate this for all the same reasons.

*eh, super uneducated opinion as I've only got about six hours in game.

Last edited by SonderKommando (2011-11-14 15:36:56)

FloppY_
­
+1,010|6287|Denmark aka Automotive Hell
My dragons are now "blood dragons" D:

Also giants can't do shit when you shield-block their attacks, but their mammoths will buttrape you while you do it D:
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Reciprocity
+721|6582|the dank(super) side of Oregon

FloppY_ wrote:

My dragons are now "blood dragons" D:
I had one of those try to suprise buttsecks me as I was crawling out of a mine.  I was in the middle of the damn woods and didn't have any dragon slaying shit with me.  I had to float down a river to get away from the thing.
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6576|London
Had my first quest bug out on me, was a daedric one too.... sucks

Also I think getting my armour rating to 800 might have been a bad choice. I'm basically invincible to physical but get 3-shotted by mages
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6624|Little Bentcock

SonderKommando wrote:

Adams_BJ wrote:

is this game worth getting? I hated oblivion, but I can't put my finger on why. Maybe it was the enemies, maybe it was the world, maybe it was the graphics. Or maybe it was the fact that everything leveled up with you so you fought the same fucking thing the whole time and leveling was pointless.

so, yay? Nay?
You'll hate this for all the same reasons.

*eh, super uneducated opinion as I've only got about six hours in game.
are those stupid demon fucks gone?
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6757|Scotland

So... I've been running around killing dragons. I assume I can do this without fucking up the main quest story?

Also, any ideas as to what the dragon face icon stands for on the map? South east corner, where it's all misty. If you approach there you will see the icon appear.

Also, if any of you ladies have found the Dwarven mines - Don't go in them until you're sufficiently stocked up and are on a good level. My god do you get raped in the mines. Amazing places, though.

I genuinely can't believe the size of this game. You think when you start playing that it's not THAT big due to the few markers and the look of the map... but as soon as you start exploring you realise that ain't true at all. Skyrim really has gotten the balance between fucking up loads of Trolls and Giants and just strolling down a road. I do like it when I have an empty path, but it's also entertaining when you veer off it and decide to go pay a visit to those pesky looking bandits surrounding a tower.

Found another companion btw, but it may take some time for you guys to find her. Pretty awesome Mage... however I told her to stay put in my house and she disappeared on me. No idea where she went
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6539|Long Island, New York
I just became a FUCKING WEREWOLF. Holy shit. It's Twilight in video game form, but without the sparkles. I can not believe they fit all of this game on one disc. I'm a member of the Companions. I'm assuming you can change alliances, right? I've barely even touched the main quest and I'm already a level 7 with level 38 heavy armor and I've only played 5 hours.

Makes me regret not playing Oblivion.
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6470

All the dragons you meet in the main quest are named and scripted to only occur when you are doing the quest.

The dragon face icon is a place where you can find another word for a shout and a dragon too.

Check the place you found the companion, they usually go back. I've found shit tons of followers but rarely take anyone with me since the faggots tend block doorways and shit when you're trying to loot the dungeons.

@Poseidon:
Companions are the fighter's guild of this game and has no effect on any of the other factions.

Last edited by NooBesT (2011-11-14 19:28:36)

https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6757|Scotland

NooBesT wrote:

All the dragons you meet in the main quest are named and scripted to only occur when you are doing the quest.

The dragon face icon is a place where you can find another word for a shout and a dragon too.
Ah so the rest are just nuisances that hover around places. Cool cool.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6654
21 hours in, and all I've done yet is the companions. this game really is massive. Go visit the shrine of meridia, she talks to you in the clouds and you get to see the entirety of Skyrim, it's amazing
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6624|Little Bentcock
Anyone playing a stealth-style build? If I get it I would probably go down that pathway, with stealth kills and thievery.
El Beardo
steel woolly mammoth
+150|5721|Gulf Coast

Finally found Lydia back at Dragonreach, still had all the equipment I gave to her too.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6539|Long Island, New York

El Beardo wrote:

Finally found Lydia back at Dragonreach, still had all the equipment I gave to her too.
I mean, that's where you originally get her... only makes sense she'd return there. Like Fawkes from Fallout 3.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6686|United States of America

NooBesT wrote:

Check the place you found the companion, they usually go back. I've found shit tons of followers but rarely take anyone with me since the faggots tend block doorways and shit when you're trying to loot the dungeons.

@Poseidon:
Companions are the fighter's guild of this game and has no effect on any of the other factions.
I reckon there are some dragons just chilling in their own areas. I found the one at Shearpoint (though that Krosis bastard with his exploding fireballs was harder) and then there was one flying around south of that place where the tree with the fancy sap was. A third dragon was flying over near the Witches Grove and I was ill-equipped but luckily some giants and Imperial Soldiers helped me take it down.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6654
https://i.imgur.com/N8LGT.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/XFEMK.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/YrzlQ.jpg

oh skyrim why are you so beautiful

Last edited by Lucien (2011-11-14 21:26:44)

https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6501|so randum
ahhhhhhh this game is mental

likes;

graphics are awesome even on medium
music is good
pacing is good
the loadout thingy, lots and lots and lots of shit

dislikes;

the fucking UI
some of the animations (people running look like spastics)
it's a total headfuck for someone who's never really played an RPG (except pokemon xD randum)
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6501|so randum
i mean i'm just in some shitty cave running away from a dragon or something and i have nfi whats going on but it feels awesome
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6441|Brisbane, Australia

Poseidon wrote:

Oh, and why are there two moons?
I am sure there is some sperg answer on a wiki somewhere, but short of that I think "just because" or "a wizard did it" works.

I fought an Elder Dragon yesterday, it was much tougher than the other ones (Blood I think). Still was much easier than some of the other enemies because they spend so much time not attacking you.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6470

DesertFox- wrote:

NooBesT wrote:

@Poseidon:
I reckon there are some dragons just chilling in their own areas. I found the one at Shearpoint (though that Krosis bastard with his exploding fireballs was harder) and then there was one flying around south of that place where the tree with the fancy sap was. A third dragon was flying over near the Witches Grove and I was ill-equipped but luckily some giants and Imperial Soldiers helped me take it down.
Yeah those places are marked with the dragon face icon. They do respawn but you don't get more souls from them.
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

SonderKommando wrote:

RTHKI wrote:

can you run in this game?
Run is always on by default.
I leave run mode on automatically on. Shift sprints and control is set to run so that when I hold it, I walk. Walking is a must for these games if you don't want to feel derpty-dum running around in circles while following NPC's at an unmatchable speed.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6501|so randum
the UI is so so so so so bad though. i mean i play eve online: a bad internet spaceships game, and this UI is worse than that.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

EVE is a bad spaceship game? Since when.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6718|Riva, MD
I just completed the Mages college storyline, holy FUCK that was exhausting, fought through 10 wisps at a time that each had a retarded amount of health and ending up spending all my healing potions before I just resorted to trying to flee and use the healing spell whenever I needed to.  After that I didn't really have too many healing potions so every single battle in the ruins became an epic battle since I couldn't use my shield cuz I had to use my left hand for the healing spell.  Gotta buy some more potions asap
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

That's one thing I don't like about it is that I have to free a hand or put a shield in it to block. Game should let you parry imo, or what's the point of using two swords?
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6718|Riva, MD

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

That's one thing I don't like about it is that I have to free a hand or put a shield in it to block. Game should let you parry imo, or what's the point of using two swords?
There's not enough buttons on the consoles to block and cast spells but they still wanted to 'feature' dual-wielding for people that were silly enough to care.  I personally haven't even fucked around with the dual-wielding and from the looks of it, neither do most enemies in the game, although I've had it used a few times on me and the animations look pretty awesome.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard