<3
+590|5910|Kentucky, USA

PigPopTart wrote:

I haz no key, frowny face.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6684|Purplicious Wisconsin
I want a fucking key.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6661|Devon, England
Meh, I played for about 10 minutes. It's got its config bugs and the gameplay seems quite slow and weak.

It has potential. I couldn't play it over 1024 x 768, though. Setting up the config was too hard for me to bother.

Shall try again soon.
Monkey Spanker
Show it to the nice monkey.
+284|6222|England

FFLink wrote:

I couldn't play it over 1024 x 768, though. Setting up the config was too hard for me to bother.

Shall try again soon.
Just go to the options & tick the box that says play in full screen. I play it @ 1680x1050. Also setting up is a piece of piss tbh takes 2 mins, but the game play is clunky & slow tbh.
Quote of the year so far "Fifa 11 on the other hand... shiny things for mongos "-mtb0minime
https://bf3s.com/sigs/f30415b2d1cff840176cce816dc76d89a7929bb0.png
FFLink
There is.
Nah, I tried that and my mouse cursor didn't show up on screen. The software mouse differed from my hardware mouse, so nothing lined up right (Couldn't access the left 400 odd pixels.

It's probably something to do with multi-monitors. But hey, it's a Beta. I'll let them know the issue and play around it for now.

And yeah, you move so freakin slow ingame.
Monkey Spanker
Show it to the nice monkey.
+284|6222|England

FFLink wrote:

Nah, I tried that and my mouse cursor didn't show up on screen. The software mouse differed from my hardware mouse, so nothing lined up right (Couldn't access the left 400 odd pixels.

It's probably something to do with multi-monitors. But hey, it's a Beta. I'll let them know the issue and play around it for now.

And yeah, you move so freakin slow ingame.
Ah the old missing mouse I have the same issue as well but you can still play, its fucking annoying tbh as it is a well know issue.
Quote of the year so far "Fifa 11 on the other hand... shiny things for mongos "-mtb0minime
https://bf3s.com/sigs/f30415b2d1cff840176cce816dc76d89a7929bb0.png
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6712|FUCK UBISOFT

oh hey I just got a key.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Wreckognize
+294|6455
I got a key too.  Spent a little time playing, I'm not sure how I feel about it.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6625

The more I think about it, the more I get a little excited for it. I'd love to keep playing BF2, but it can be so hard to get into. It's the kind of game I need to play for at least an hour or two before I can get into it and get with the flow, and then when I finally hit that point, I'd like to play for a few more hours while I'm still having fun. Unfortunately, I don't really do that these days. This seems like it'll be a game that's easy to jump into and jump out of for short bursts of time. BF2 for ADD people I guess.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6294|Graz, Austria

Miggle wrote:

oh hey I just got a key.
Got one too yesterday.

My first impression:
BFBC2 classes & weapons + BF2 maps & vehicles + BF1942 gameplay

Also, the voice acting seems to be either completely new or they're just place holder files, because the voice recordings are abysmally bad.
They sometimes sound like they were recorded in a toilet stall at DICE HQ, or by calling a random guy in Siberia over cell phone.
The weapon sounds are equally bad, sounding like kid's toy plastic gun. *tak-tak-tak-tak*

The player models and animations are very reduced, which is probably because of the low resource requirements, but that gives the avatars that strange 1000 yard stare from BF1942/Vietnam.

Anyway, for a free game this is acceptable, and with some more polish during the beta, it will be ok.
Definitely better than BF Heroes, as there's no 3rd-person view.
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6145|Sydney | ♥

BATTLEFIELD PLAY4FREE DOES NOT CURRENTLY WORK WITH YOUR BROWSER.

Please try Internet Explorer or Firefox.
everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6145|Sydney | ♥

SO i gave it about 5-10 mins.

Although i set the resolution to what mine is, and it did indeed go fullscreen, It was really fucked.

To select different menu options (Options/PLay now) i had to put my curser where it would of been in the windowed mode. Not over it.

You can't move left or right (A/D) when you're sprinting. That was weird. (EDIT: lol i don't think you can do this in BF2, been playing to much source engine XD)

EDIT: Feels almost like an alpha.

Last edited by tazz. (2010-12-15 17:24:00)

everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6282

DICE be hatin on Chrome https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/uncool.png

Do you guys get the weird character mesh on startup with no menu? It finally appears after about a minute

Last edited by ebug9 (2010-12-15 17:16:57)

War Man

tazz. wrote:

You can't move left or right (A/D) when you're sprinting. That was weird. (EDIT: lol i don't think you can do this in BF2, been playing to much source engine XD)
Can't in BC2 either.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6294|Graz, Austria
I get the weird bug where the invisible mouse cursor bug sometimes when switching back from fullscreen to the windowed main menu.

tazz. wrote:

Although i set the resolution to what mine is, and it did indeed go fullscreen, It was really fucked.
Yeah, I couldn't go higher than 1024*768 either.
Had to manually set the resolution in the .CON file to 1920*1080. Then it looked ok though.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5207|Cleveland, Ohio
got the beta key via email.  so this is for pc only, correct?
FFLink
There is.
Yeah
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6294|Graz, Austria
Even less:
It's for PCs with Internet Explorer or Firefox only
jsnipy
+3,276|6492|...

got a key
Racoon_Flyer
+10|5904|Cambridge, UK
Just got a key
Laika
+75|5914

Racoon_Flyer wrote:

Just got a key
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6625

Gots mah key. Not happy about having to use FF or IE but whatever.

I'm all hyped up and ready to be disappointed! Here we go!
War Man
Got a key

Edit: And I declare this game to be shit, don't care if it is a beta it is shit anyway beta or not.

Last edited by War Man (2010-12-17 16:06:22)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard