Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6106|eXtreme to the maX

uziq wrote:

is the 'average' schoolchild told about the plantagenets? i don't think so.
4.3 History at Key Stage 3 (11–14 Year Olds)
Key Stage 3 looks to cover significant individuals and events in the history of Britain from the Middle Ages to the 20th century and key aspects of European and world history.

The curriculum sets out a number of areas to help utilize these skills focusing on both national and local levels where appropriate. Three of these areas are British: Britain 1066–1500 (eg the development of the monarchy, significant events and characteristic features of people‘s lives); Britain 1500–1750 (eg crowns, parliaments, key individuals and major political, religious and social changes affecting people); Britain 1750–1900 (eg the expansion of trade,colonisation, and industrialisation and political changes).
https://www.parliament.uk/documents/lor … olsFP2.pdf

So much for your straw-man argument.

Is there any subject where you actually know what you're talking about?

Yes I'd say the average person should know about things like volcanos, more so than ancient history.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2020-03-28 16:31:49)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
uziq
+492|3452
michael gove et al massively overhauled the school curriculum about 3 years ago, so i stand corrected if there is inexplicably now a huge emphasis on the plantagenets.

what is to be taught in schools is politically prescribed, not the domain of 'boring academics', in any case. and a huge proportion of schoolteachers have expressed non-stop frustration and pain at the courses designed by gove et al.

not that you'd call a key stage 3 teacher an 'academic'.

more vague broadsides that connect with very little reality. dilbert in fine form.

why does the 'average person' in the workplace, to continue with your fatuous reasoning, need to know about geological subduction? is that really more relevant to them than a monarch who joined their country into its current political and legal form? is sally on the checkouts at tescos going to use her knowledge of igneous rock?

Last edited by uziq (2020-03-28 16:33:47)

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3720
We should probably just cancel public schools and let parents take responsibility for their child's education. Cancel it once I become a cop of course.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
uziq
+492|3452
i know you're trolling all along but the thing is dilbert really does have these insane and weedling little hierarchies in his head. geography is better than history! which is better than psychology! asians are better than whites who are better than indians!

he has an autistic sense-making apparatus. it's almost quaint. shame it turns so ugly when his mom prepares the baked beans on toast the wrong way. it's so alarming when he bangs his head against the window like that!
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3720
Baked beans on toast. That reminds me of what I had for dinner yesterday and breakfast today. I made sloppy joes with canned beanless chili and Italian sliced bread.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

uziq wrote:

i know you're trolling all along but the thing is dilbert really does have these insane and weedling little hierarchies in his head. geography is better than history! which is better than psychology! asians are better than whites who are better than indians!
Yawn, sorry but it is more useful for someone to know how to read a map and determine north than it is for them to know in which order Henry VIII beheaded his wives.

It may mean your life is useless and worthless but, you know, like, whatever.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2020-03-28 17:03:50)

uziq
+492|3452
i didn't study history at any level, but thanks baby!

yes, map reading. a core component of school curricula.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
What if I told you

[morpheus pic]

Not everything is about you.
uziq
+492|3452
dilbert if anyone here wants the world to conform to their own gnarled, twisted, deformed and ultimately very limited vision of the world, it's you. i mean, who is the one continually making proclamation that x should be banned, so-and-so shouldn't be studied, you have no affinity for y so we should just get rid of it? etc. dilbert doesn't see the point therefore millions must be wrong. you're so ridiculous sometimes that you'll dismiss the entire humanities, that is, half of learning, or encourage the deranged view that 'it's the arts graduates who commit mass shootings and poison the world'.

coupled with a severely, almost clinical presentation of paranoiac symptoms, tying everything to israel/the jews, 'war with china is coming', etc.

i would quite seriously put it to you that, no, dilbert, not everything is about you. a datum you haven't heeded for quite some time.

i prescribe getting your own apartment and integrating into the community. it will be a gradual process. baby steps. in time you will start to feel normal again.

Last edited by uziq (2020-03-29 03:17:39)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Its all about me? When have I made anything about me?

And, although you may have once shared a bedsit with someone studying psychology, a psychoanalyst you are not.

Aren't you the guy who - checks notes - has never posted a piece of music in the music thread with lyrics in it?
Seems strangely misanthropic no?

Sorry about the arts graduates thing, feel free to study the data yourself - starting with Johnson and working down the cabinet from there.
If you were ever to write a book yourself maybe you could make it about that.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2020-03-29 04:42:14)

uziq
+492|3452
LOL wtf? i don't listen to music with lyrics? news to me. meanwhile you only post pop songs with the most saccharine and banal sentiments. you must really be engaged with the world to a highly sophisticated degree!

unfortunately for you almost everything i listen to on my computer is tracked online. and a very good % of it has lyrics neat thesis, though, dilbs! your thoughts, insights, musings, etc on this matter are VERY interesting to me.

and, whilst we're onto the written word, how much time do you spend reading? engaging with the thoughts of others? hmm a highly profitable line of argument to take! let's go dilbert!

it's fairly self-evident that the only poster here who frequently dismisses whole disciplines, cultures, races, etc and replaces them with - quelle surprise! - the 'virtues' of his own narrow domain ... is you.

and again with the thing that 'i do nothing creative'. you do realize that editing and criticism are creative, right? i don't think you could find an author on the planet who would tell you that their editor's input is not 'creative' activity. you are only betraying your own ignorance. i'm not going to feel particularly perturbed by the goadings of a live-at-home failure.

Sorry about the arts graduates thing, feel free to study the data yourself - starting with Johnson and working down the cabinet from there.
'data'. tell me, what was the background of the congressman who tried to block the coronavirus bill? an MIT engineer. wowsers! sociopathic much?

Last edited by uziq (2020-03-29 04:53:28)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
I said the music you post here, try to follow.

So editing someone else's work is just as creative as creative writing, OK.

Meanwhile with no knowledge or training you presume to belittle, psychoanalyse and prescribe treatment for - pretty well everyone here.
I'm not an analyst myself but its certainly delusions of, I don't know, something.

A single data point says nothing, but I'm sure you know that.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2020-03-29 14:23:15)

uziq
+492|3452
i didn't say just as creative. and who cares what music i post here? you assumed it was the totality of my listening, not me.

and think about the premise of what you're saying for a second ... music without words is 'misanthropic'? the majority of western 'canonical' music is without words, you berk. is beethoven or bach 'misanthropic'?
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3720
You should thank Dilbert for listening to your music. No one else is going to.
uziq
+492|3452
that really hurts.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5358|London, England
He's right. dilbert is your best friend
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3720
Uzique's music is what I assume Newbie uses to hypnotize asylum patients before he cuts off their man parts at his tranny workshop.
uziq
+492|3452
someone who has been committed to an asylum multiple times really shouldn't cast stones at the sane's listening habits. none of us are the ones hearing voices in our head, macb.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3720
Okay, whatever. Your music sounds like drug overdose. I rather listen to Dilbert's playlist.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

Macbeth has a morbid fascination with trannies. He wants to teach kids about that stuff instead of history.
uziq
+492|3452

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Okay, whatever. Your music sounds like drug overdose. I rather listen to Dilbert's playlist.
measure your medication more carefully.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3720
I want to teach kids valuable life skills like "don't disrespect the police" and "stop resisting".
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

SuperJail Warden wrote:

I want to teach kids valuable life skills like "don't disrespect the police" and "stop resisting".
And the family dog why it shouldn't trust your offerings of glass-filled hamburger patty.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3720
I am going to sign up to be a K9 cop. That way I can show off Officer Pickles to girls I want to date.
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61dyfFU%2BbxL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

Once Pickles uncovers your old posts here, he's going to rat you out to the chief.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard