Hunter/Jumper
+117|6503

Uzique wrote:

hunter at which point exactly did you make the e-personality transition from dyslexic babbling moron to witty grammar expert?
For the record I would like to see my quotes that qualify as such. further out of the two of us you are usually found ranting from the gutter. (four letter words seem to be the pinnacle of your vocabulary ) and Finally,
Lets face it, it's appears it is relative. Shouldn't you be hounding someone somewhere for chiding islam  ?

M.O.A.B wrote:

presidentsheep wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

worst religion in the world
Ha! that's like comparing different types of turd.
He's got a point though. Islam always stands out as the overly-sensitive kid on the block who goes ape-shit over the tiniest of issues.
Off with you now, Away I say ~ be gone ~ Scat !

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=141024

Last edited by Hunter/Jumper (2010-11-19 04:08:31)

Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6619

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

From what college ?
SUNY Maritime.
wow
where'd you graduate from?

4 letter words are the height of my vocabulary? okie dokes, brainiac

and what exactly are you on about with islam, now? you seriously have to be Lowing
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6865

Uzique wrote:

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

SUNY Maritime.
wow

and what exactly are you on about with islam, now? you seriously have to be Lowing
her husband teaches at NYU and Columbia!
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6503

Cybargs wrote:

Uzique wrote:

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

wow

and she does something at Hunter some class, usaully in the summer.
and its my wife does So zip up, you wont get your jollies here, sorry
my wife does So zip up, you wont get your jollies here, sorry you still have not spoken to a woman lol

Last edited by Hunter/Jumper (2010-11-19 13:55:56)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5507|London, England

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

Uzique wrote:

my wife does So zip up, you wont get your jollies here, sorry
Applying to the University of Chicago for grad school. Have an issue with that school too?
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6503

Uzique wrote:

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

SUNY Maritime.
wow

git !
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6503

JohnG@lt wrote:

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

Applying to the University of Chicago for grad school. Have an issue with that school too?
you took " wow " as an insult ? WOW !

< space >

I had meant it like  " good " it has a good rep. everyone I met who went there seemed pretty squared away.
It's near City Island right ?

have you spent any time in Chicago ? it takes some getting used to if your a New Yorker.

Last edited by Hunter/Jumper (2010-11-19 14:02:38)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

< space >

I had meant it like  " good " it has a good rep. everyone I met who went there seemed pretty squared away.
Yes. Right under the Throgg's Neck Bridge. It's a great school with 100% job placement for life at a fraction of the cost of a private college. Can't beat that.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,977|6781|949

JohnG@lt wrote:

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

haha you haven't even got your BS yet.  Settle down chappy sinclair.

But, it means little to nothing to anyone outside of academia.  Ho ho I graduated from UCLA, see the lovely degree on the wall framed by mahogany and 100 year-old finished oak?!  What you have accomplished with that degree is/will be far more important.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6619
my school has one of the highest graduate employment rates in the UK too

doesn't mean a thing, im still gonna be a struggling poet with a penchant for heroin by age 25

and i'm still going to be able to write assignments better than you, galt and hunter

G I T S
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,813|6255|eXtreme to the maX

Uzique wrote:

my school has one of the highest graduate employment rates in the UK too

doesn't mean a thing, im still gonna be a struggling poet with a penchant for heroin by age 25

and i'm still going to be able to write assignments dole applications better than you, galt and hunter

G I T S
Fixed.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

But, it means little to nothing to anyone outside of academia.  Ho ho I graduated from UCLA, see the lovely degree on the wall framed by mahogany and 100 year-old finished oak?!  What you have accomplished with that degree is/will be far more important.
I graduate next month.
-Frederick Bastiat
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,977|6781|949

great, now put in your few years of real world experience.  Not many grad schools will accept applicants straight out of college.
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|6148|Vortex Ring State

JohnG@lt wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

I graduate next month.
me and HaiBai should come visit you sometime

I used to spend a crapload of time in UC's International House, playing table football
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

great, now put in your few years of real world experience.  Not many grad schools will accept applicants straight out of college.
Guess we'll find out eh? I'm not a 22 year old newly minted college graduate.
-Frederick Bastiat
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6686|Long Island, New York

JohnG@lt wrote:

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

< space >

Yes. Right under the Throgg's Neck Bridge. It's a great school with 100% job placement for life at a fraction of the cost of a private college. Can't beat that.
Most of the SUNY schools are awesome. Stony Brook (home town reppin'), Albany (where I'm transferring to), Binghamton, New Paltz, Plattsburgh, Farmingdale, ESF, Buffalo, Maritime, Brockport, etc.

I love the SUNY system. I'm going to be getting a better education at Albany for a 1/3rd of the price.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

JohnG@lt wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Guess we'll find out eh? I'm not a 22 year old newly minted college graduate.
I graduated at 20.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6749|132 and Bush

Jesus .. where did this topic go?

Alexis de Tocqueville once wrote that Americans value competency over wealth .. (something like that). It would seem that we have the exact opposite values today. Consider what has happened in Detroit, the energy sector, the banking industry. I have a hard time believing that we have elevated the most competent individuals to the top of those industries. Is this a result of corruption, luck, or both? I think this lack of competency is what has killed the belief in American Exceptional-ism. Whether or not it is dead for good, dunno.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Maybe short-termism and greed killed exceptionalism?

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2010-11-19 22:39:21)

Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6619
american exceptionalism is a socio-cultural and moral ideology that was sublated a long time ago to the brute factors of the (global) marketplace

imo
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6749|132 and Bush

That is kind of what I am saying. .. via moral corruption. We place our values not-so-much on talent, but rather achievement. Unfortunately one does not equal the other. In other words talent is not necessary for achievement. There is a distinct breakdown in our societal reward system.

I imagine this has always been a problem to some degree. However, I think it's more prevalent today. Maybe we are just more aware of it now?
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6619
i think a society without a clearly defined collective, socio-cultural 'goal' and 'ethos' is a society in a state of decline

you can say what you want about strict ideological systems, nationalism, fanaticism etc... but they have a societal cohesion that we, in the west, do not.

the new symbology of western nations is conspicuous material consumptions; there are no transcendent ideals preserved anymore
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Kmar wrote:

That is kind of what I am saying. .. via moral corruption. We place our values not-so-much on talent, but rather achievement. Unfortunately one does not equal the other. In other words talent is not necessary for achievement. There is a distinct breakdown in our societal reward system.

I imagine this has always been a problem to some degree. However, I think it's more prevalent today. Maybe we are just more aware of it now?
So lazy people with talent should be viewed as better than those with less talent that achieve more? I'm confused to say the least. I'd say our values are perfect if we value achievement over raw talent...
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Uzique wrote:

i think a society without a clearly defined collective, socio-cultural 'goal' and 'ethos' is a society in a state of decline

you can say what you want about strict ideological systems, nationalism, fanaticism etc... but they have a societal cohesion that we, in the west, do not.

the new symbology of western nations is conspicuous material consumptions; there are no transcendent ideals preserved anymore
Umm, no. A societal goal? We're all the same and all share the same values? What you want is a Borg-like society. I prefer the chaotic soup from whence true imagination and original thought springs.
-Frederick Bastiat
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6619
i'm not advocating a borg-like society at all - it's a bit of an extreme reduction to say that a society with a loose set of shared beliefs, values and moral aims is automatically alike to an hegemony of soul-less droids. society serves an important cultural and sociological role in our lives as an external framework that makes us fit into something bigger than the self and its own wants, greeds and motivations. it has always been very important, throughout the ages and through various models of society and hierarchy, to 'fit in' to a wider picture. nowadays there's a real lack of that cohesion in westernized 'democracies': people are instead just pursuing their own highly-individualistic goals and ambitions, and the only common factor unifying us all at the core is the force of the common market. no shared symbols, no shared idealisms, no shared beliefs. just a fragmented society only interacting at each level on an economic need.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard