Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6411|North Carolina
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article … l?ITO=1490

http://gawker.com/5674353/i-had-a-one+n … ell#photos

So, some of the tabloids have run with this story that O'Donnell had a one night stand with a BSA employee 3 years ago.  Personally, it doesn't matter to me, but it is kind of funny that we keep finding out that she's not nearly as conservative in her lifestyle as she claims to support in policy.

What do you guys think of all this?  Is it relevant?  Is she a hypocrite?  Or is this just "dirty tricks" in action?
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5592

Is it relevant?
No.
Or is this just "dirty tricks" in action?
Yes.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5364|London, England
Holy shit! Someone had sex! Halt the presses!
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Turquoise
O Canada

JohnG@lt wrote:

Holy shit! Someone had sex! Halt the presses!
Yeah, but it's someone who claims masturbation is wrong.

Casual sex doesn't exactly gel with the whole religious angle she's going for.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6503

everyone scratches an itch.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6544|Long Island, New York
But there were signs that she wasn't very experienced sexually. When her underwear came off, I immediately noticed that the waxing trend had completely passed her by.
oh sweet jesus (no pun intended)
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6638|949

Both articles mention that they didn't actually have sex.  Raise your hand if you didn't read them...
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6417|'Murka

article wrote:

Obviously, that was a big turnoff, and I quickly lost interest. I said goodnight, rolled over, and went to sleep.
She never had sex with the guy.

Kind of hard to have a "one night stand" if you don't have sex, now innit?

/story
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Turquoise
O Canada

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Both articles mention that they didn't actually have sex.  Raise your hand if you didn't read them...
True, but...  she was pretty close to it...
eleven bravo
+1,399|5265|foggy bottom
she has a vagina
Tu Stultus Es
FEOS
+1,182|6417|'Murka

Turquoise wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

That is one of the most worthless statements I've seen recently.

Quite a stretch.

There's more of a complaint on her grooming standards than on her promiscuity.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Turquoise
O Canada

FEOS wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Quite a stretch.

I'm just holding her to the same standards people hold Al Gore on his hypocrisy involving environmentalism.
FEOS
+1,182|6417|'Murka

Turquoise wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Quite a stretch.

I'm just holding her to the same standards people hold Al Gore on his hypocrisy involving environmentalism.
Completely different. If she were whoring around, fucking everything that walked, running a whorehouse, and then making a movie about the evils of promiscuity, you'd have a valid comparison.

Getting shitfaced and showing your hairy beaver to someone before passing out years before running on a platform of family values does not even come close to knowingly having a carbon footprint the size of a third-world nation, while simultaneously brow-beating the world for their carbon emissions causing climate change.

The hypocrisy is light-years apart.
― Albert Einstein

13rin
+977|6485

Turquoise wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Quite a stretch.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/buster/gaw … x-free-pal

Debunked.  Standards?  Please.  Gore is a douchebag and so his claim of 'global.. er climate change'.  He's also a grade A hypocrite.  Wasn't he recently investigated for sexual assault?  Come on turq.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Turquoise
O Canada

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Quite a stretch.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/buster/gaw … x-free-pal

Debunked.  Standards?  Please.  Gore is a douchebag and so his claim of 'global.. er climate change'.  He's also a grade A hypocrite.  Wasn't he recently investigated for sexual assault?  Come on turq.
It wasn't debunked -- it just shows that Dominiak was the author of the story, not Kurisko.

I would argue Gore and O'Donnell are both hypocrites but in different ways.
Turquoise
O Canada

FEOS wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Quite a stretch.

Completely different. If she were whoring around, fucking everything that walked, running a whorehouse, and then making a movie about the evils of promiscuity, you'd have a valid comparison.
She's still campaigning on a religious image with strict views on sex that clearly contradict her lifestyle.
FEOS
+1,182|6417|'Murka

Turquoise wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

She's still campaigning on a religious image with strict views on sex that clearly contradict her lifestyle.
Read my updated post. Timelines and consistency in behavior are important when looking to hold people up to a standard. When it is a single deviation in the past (Sasquatch), that's one thing. When it's an on-going disconnect between what you say and what you do (a la Gore), that's something else completely.
― Albert Einstein

Turquoise
O Canada

FEOS wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Read my updated post. Timelines and consistency in behavior are important when looking to hold people up to a standard. When it is a single deviation in the past (Sasquatch), that's one thing. When it's an on-going disconnect between what you say and what you do (a la Gore), that's something else completely.
She ran on the same image in 2006, which would have preceded this particular incident.

I can agree with you that Gore is more of a hypocrite, but O'Donnell is clearly not practicing what she preaches either.
13rin
+977|6485
she's not practicing witchcraft either.... .
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Turquoise
O Canada

DBBrinson1 wrote:

she's not practicing witchcraft either.... .
True...  that old video clip was funny though...  lol
FEOS
+1,182|6417|'Murka

Turquoise wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

She ran on the same image in 2006, which would have preceded this particular incident.

I can agree with you that Gore is more of a hypocrite, but O'Donnell is clearly not practicing what she preaches either.
So people aren't allowed a single slip up in your world?

Since she didn't actually go through with anything other than heavy petting and flashing her vag, how much did she violate her position (no pun intended)? Are we going to split hairs (again, no pun intended)?

If she didn't actually consummate the event, did she do anything other than show poor judgment while drunk? Is that single, isolated event unrecoverable?

I'm sensing some hypocrisy here...
― Albert Einstein

Turquoise
O Canada

FEOS wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

FEOS wrote:

So people aren't allowed a single slip up in your world?

Since she didn't actually go through with anything other than heavy petting and flashing her vag, how much did she violate her position (no pun intended)? Are we going to split hairs (again, no pun intended)?

If she didn't actually consummate the event, did she do anything other than show poor judgment while drunk? Is that single, isolated event unrecoverable?

I'm sensing some hypocrisy here...
Hey, this is a debate forum...  I have to play Devil's Advocate to keep things interesting. 
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5364|London, England

FEOS wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Quite a stretch.

Getting shitfaced and showing your hairy beaver to someone before passing out years before running on a platform of family values does not even come close to knowingly having a carbon footprint the size of a third-world nation, while simultaneously brow-beating the world for their carbon emissions causing climate change.

The hypocrisy is light-years apart.
Al Gore is Bono? :confused:
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5243|Cleveland, Ohio
this is fail, turq
Turquoise
O Canada

11 Bravo wrote:

this is fail, turq
Yes, O'Donnell does fail.

Board footer