Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

Sometimes I'll use the C4 to blow up the stations if my team is unreliable but I'll try to arm and hold the station in most cases.

I do think DICE shouldn't give so many points for damaging the stations though. What do you think?
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6624

I think they should give points for it. It encourages the team to actually try and destroy the M-Com stations, and the defending team to defend at all costs. Besides, it's important to get points for actually doing shit instead of sitting in the back sniping; even if "doing shit" includes sitting at the home base of Arica Harbor and mortar-sniping the M-Com with a tank

The mode is Rush, the objective of Rush is to blow up stations. You should get a decent amount of points for doing that. Similar to how the objective in conquest is to hold flags, and you get points for defending and capping flags

Last edited by mtb0minime (2010-10-27 14:03:37)

Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6438
They should give more points for objectives and less points for kills.

Also stop tracking kills and deaths.

And ta-da! No more snipers.
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4938|Dundee, Scotland.
I can't remember the last time I played this game... april, I think.
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6624

Even though many of us had shit pings, those days were a lot of fun. 8~12 bf2s members in a couple of squads, all on vent or ts. Many s and shenanigans.

Kinda wanna go back to it now...
PigPopTart
Shotgun whore
+133|6259|Pacific NW, USA
I don't see why people have such a problem when attackers are blowing up the M-COM with C4, AT Mmines, Tank Shells, ect.   

As an attacker, your job is to destroy the M-COM, who cares how you do it? (although I think mortaring it is a babydick tactic, but it's not like you can't kill a sniper....is it?). 

If you're defending and this happenes to you, ask yourself; why was the enemy able to get up to the M-COM and plant C4/AT mines or allowed to fire 12 tank rounds and/or mortar the crap out of it?

Spoiler (highlight to read):
because you failed at your job, try harder next time...Derp
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6256|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

Camm wrote:

I can't remember the last time I played this game... april, I think.
same here tbh.. been a loooooong while...
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6637

UAV pilot should share in the points when doing a C4 raid.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6601|949

PigPopTart wrote:

I don't see why people have such a problem when attackers are blowing up the M-COM with C4, AT Mmines, Tank Shells, ect.   

As an attacker, your job is to destroy the M-COM, who cares how you do it? (although I think mortaring it is a babydick tactic, but it's not like you can't kill a sniper....is it?). 

If you're defending and this happenes to you, ask yourself; why was the enemy able to get up to the M-COM and plant C4/AT mines or allowed to fire 12 tank rounds and/or mortar the crap out of it?

Spoiler (highlight to read):
because you failed at your job, try harder next time...Derp
I agree in general to this assessment.  It's something DICE fucked up on in my opinion, making it fairly easy to blow up the M-COM stations as opposed to actually setting a charge and waiting it out.  My only gripe is that it kind of takes away from what they were trying to accomplish in having to rush, set the charge and control the M-COM station area as you wait out the countdown.  Far too often the M-COMs are blown up by a tank camping the outskirts or a c4/UAV/mine combo.
jsnipy
+3,276|6492|...

Rag on 2142 all you want, the titan concept worked
FloppY_
­

jsnipy wrote:

I liked it..

Too bad the lag forced them to cripple it to stationary titans and they made drop pods near-useless
PigPopTart
Shotgun whore
For the 6 months I played 2142, it was stricty Titan mode.  Perfect mix of Conquest (Silo capping) with heavy vehicle combat and intense infantry "rush" on the Titans in every map/round.   

Brilliant concept TBH.

Last edited by PigPopTart (2010-10-27 19:19:22)

Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5969|Vortex Ring State
I forgot... was it possible to block anti-titan missiles with air vehicles?

and they made titans STATIONARY?
OH NOES
PigPopTart
Shotgun whore
Pretty sure the one time I tried it, it blew up my chopper/jet and continued on to the titan.  Can't be 100% sure on the memory though, it's been about 4 years since I played.

edit: FAK this keyboard at work.

Last edited by PigPopTart (2010-10-27 19:42:33)

RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6535|Area 51

mtb0minime wrote:

I think they should give points for it. It encourages the team to actually try and destroy the M-Com stations, and the defending team to defend at all costs. Besides, it's important to get points for actually doing shit instead of sitting in the back sniping; even if "doing shit" includes sitting at the home base of Arica Harbor and mortar-sniping the M-Com with a tank

The mode is Rush, the objective of Rush is to blow up stations. You should get a decent amount of points for doing that. Similar to how the objective in conquest is to hold flags, and you get points for defending and capping flags
Problem is. That they keep track of K/D ratios in Rush. I just know for 100% that 99% of all the kiddies that play Rush now purely play it so they can camp the M-COM's and shoot the poor people that do try to rush them.

Rush would be so much better without the addition of K/D ratios because then nobody would care about sniping in the back, except for the enthousiasts.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6637

RDMC wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

Problem is. That they keep track of K/D ratios in Rush. I just know for 100% that 99% of all the kiddies that play Rush now purely play it so they can camp the M-COM's and shoot the poor people that do try to rush them.

Rush would be so much better without the addition of K/D ratios because then nobody would care about sniping in the back, except for the enthousiasts.
What are you talking about?  When playing Rush as defense, I want my team mates to camp the M-Com's.  There are supposed to defend it.  More often than not, they rather run around making kills and ignore the M-Com's that needs to get dis-armed.

BTW, often times, I often get top score when I ignore my K/D.  Namely, suicide runs on the M-Com's.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6535|Area 51

Ilocano wrote:

RDMC wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

What are you talking about?  When playing Rush as defense, I want my team mates to camp the M-Com's.  There are supposed to defend it.  More often than not, they rather run around making kills and ignore the M-Com's that needs to get dis-armed.

BTW, often times, I often get top score when I ignore my K/D.  Namely, suicide runs on the M-Com's.
My point exactly. Remove K/D Ratio and people will play for the objectives rather than for super z0mg 1337 h4x stats.
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5969|Vortex Ring State
ninja-ing MCOMS is win
prototype
+52|6281

FloppY_ wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

I liked it..

Too bad the lag forced them to cripple it to stationary titans and they made drop pods near-useless
I never had lag in 2142 and i loved playing moving titan mode, also the pods were very easy to control.
Maybe it was your system specs or your isp
prototype
+52|6281
I think this game is balanced very well and of course the m com stations should take damage from other explosives and points should be awarded

people always have to complain about something instead of just enjoy playing the game
FloppY_
­

prototype wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

I liked it..

I never had lag in 2142 and i loved playing moving titan mode, also the pods were very easy to control.
Maybe it was your system specs or your isp
No... at release there were no major problems other than 32v32 man servers lagging a fuckton when titans moved while people where inside...

The last 3 patches have each crippled the drop pods, to a point where you now have NO control from the point you launch it....

My ISP was fine, my system was way more than needed...
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5758|Catherine Black

jsnipy wrote:

Aside from the whole inside the Titan part... LMG Campers at every station.. that's great fun.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5874|CA
The recent R9 Patch changes this:

- Reduced all weapon damage to the MCOM by 50%.
FloppY_
­

TopHat01 wrote:

The recent R9 Patch changes this:

- Reduced all weapon damage to the MCOM by 50%.
/facepalm

This will just encourage people (like myself) to use collapsing buildings rather than planting on the mcom...

But before they R9d it... I allways wondered if I was the only one that realised a team of engineers only focusing Rocket launchers on mcoms could win a map in 5 minutes...

Last edited by FloppY_ (2010-10-30 11:18:09)

mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6624

Guess it'll be 20 C4s then. I liked that it was possible for one guy to make a difference if the other team wasn't careful. Camping next to the MCOM with an ammo box was too much fun.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard