Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6519|UK

Hello, long time since posting here.  Having a slight problem.  I have assosiated .rar files with adobe.  Since getting F1 2010 for PC I have been using quite a few mods.  Some of which are .rar files, so whenever I download some mods, I can't use them as it tries to open them in adobe and thats not what I'm after.  Trouble is when I go to re set programes in the default programes, it asks me what would I rather use for .rar files other than adobe.  I just want them to be zipped files that I can use from there.

Or worded differently, how do I change file type to zipped rather than adobe.

Any suggestions?

Last edited by Bell (2010-10-22 14:41:37)

TravisC555
+118|6189|Cox Convention Center, OK
Windows 7, Windows XP?

If using Win 7 go to the control panel > default programs > then click "Associate a filetype with a program"
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6519|UK

It's windows 7, but none of the programs are applicable.  When you look at a zipped file it says opens with, windows explorer, or something along those lines, thats what I would like to associate the .rar files with, atleast for now, but explorer isnt an option.
TravisC555
+118|6189|Cox Convention Center, OK
Go to the control panel > default programs > Associate a filetype with a program
Find the file type in the list and double click on it > Click the browse button > Browse to the windows folder, then you should see an application called "explorer" in the Windows folder > Click on the explorer application folder then click open > Now windows explorer should appear in the window where you choose what application to open the filetype with.
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6537|NYC / Hamburg

Right click. Open with. Other. Find the winrar exe or whatever.  Alwayys open with. Ok.
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
jsnipy
+3,276|6493|...

Classes root in registry
Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|5969|The Mitten
delete system 32

i mean, yea, probably a registry setting...
EE (hats
jsnipy
+3,276|6493|...

Morpheus wrote:

delete system 32

Yeah its easy to find, in the first hive there is a massive list of extensions
Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|5969|The Mitten

jsnipy wrote:

Morpheus wrote:

delete system 32

Yeah its easy to find, in the first hive there is a massive list of extensions
oh I have no doubt that's where it's stored... since that's kinda the purpose of the registry, yes? I'm just not sure where exactly it would be.
EE (hats
jsnipy
+3,276|6493|...

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.rar
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6423|The Twilight Zone

max wrote:

Right click. Open with. Other. Find the winrar exe or whatever.  Alwayys open with. Ok.
that's how associate/de-associate files. Its the quickest way
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6561|Reisterstown, MD

max wrote:

this

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard