11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5238|Cleveland, Ohio
What is the point of clans?  I mean I play with people on my friends list and we don't have some gay tag or whatever.  And most clan people act like fuck holes.  So, why do we have them?
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6738|Oxferd Ohire
gives people a reason to act like fuck holes
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5586

Same reason people join clubs and groups. People like that feeling of 'belonging'. In some games like MMORPG it makes the game much easier to work together like that though.

The whole idea of being in a clan and having to deal with other people's egos and all of the other crap that comes along with social interaction is the reason I don't do clans. If I wanted to deal with other people, I wouldn't be playing video games now would I?
BeardedHobo
Will post for food
+53|5182|Flying in my boxcar.

RTHKI wrote:

gives people a reason to act like fuck holes
HaiBai
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
+304|5485|Bolingbrook, Illinois
they're fun if you find a good one
11 Bravo
Banned
what makes it fun?
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5510|America
How else would you play competitively?
/flamesuit
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
11 Bravo
Banned

Blade4509 wrote:

How else would you play competitively?
/flamesuit
move to korea?
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5510|America
... and then?
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5586

Did someone mention Korea?
https://nihongonohimesama.wikispaces.com/file/view/korean_girls.jpg/70729067/korean_girls.jpg
11 Bravo
Banned

Blade4509 wrote:

... and then?
well i run into clans all the time on pub servers so i guess that is not the reason, eh?
Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|6000|The Mitten

11 Bravo wrote:

what makes it fun?
well, it probably doesn;t actually differ than your use of a friend list, then - usually to find players who you enjoy planing with. Sometimes, people use their friends list to keep track of more than a close circle of players, or they want a smaller, tighter circle, etc.
It could also serve to unify people together under a cause - playing for a clan - so they work together for a common goal.

For MMO's they can also be a place to pool resources - like 'guild banks' in WoW, which basically allow for enhanced inter-clan trading of goods.
EE (hats
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

11 Bravo wrote:

What is the point of clans?  I mean I play with people on my friends list and we don't have some gay tag or whatever.  And most clan people act like fuck holes.  So, why do we have them?
Out of every 100 clans filled with douches, you will find one decent one that is either serious about competition or laid back...or both. Closed competitive matches are almost always more fun to play in when you're familiar with everyone in your team (and sometimes the other) as well, which you aren't going to find in pubs unless you go by the 'regulars' system.

The tag exists as an identifier, primarily for competitive matches (I usually leave mine off in Steam unless it's a match) to easily spot which group is saying/doing what. However, it's also abused by people who cluster up just to bully on other people.

HaiBai wrote:

they're fun if you find a good one
HaiBai
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
+304|5485|Bolingbrook, Illinois

11 Bravo wrote:

what makes it fun?
don't know, we all played on the same server at the same time while using teamspeak.  probably no different from you playing with people on your friends list.  although, we had our own server.

i've only been in one clan, and i definately enjoyed bf2 the most when i was in it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard