Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6470
wow. lots of amazing new things announced today. the new air bridges the gap between the ipad and the full macbooks rather nicely, methinks.

discuss.

http://www.apple.com/uk/macbookair/
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6659|The darkside of Denver
yaaawwwwnnnn......
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6739|Toronto | Canada

shouldve been called OSX Mustafa...
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6565|Area 51

SonderKommando wrote:

yaaawwwwnnnn......
Could anyone explain to me what exactly makes an Apple Macbook so good? I just don't get it.

Last edited by RDMC (2010-10-20 12:02:55)

TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6620|Mhz

RDMC wrote:

SonderKommando wrote:

yaaawwwwnnnn......
Could anyone explain to me what exactly makes an Apple Macbook so good? I just don't get it.
They're very, very well made, other than that, just the OS.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6470

RDMC wrote:

SonderKommando wrote:

yaaawwwwnnnn......
google? sorry, lemme go post in a bunch of threads about things i know nothing about with asinine "yawn" comments

get out you silly little cunt
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6453|The Twilight Zone
Nice design. Too bad it doesn't have HDMI since its a standard. Can display port output hi res video?
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6632|949

.Sup wrote:

Nice design. Too bad it doesn't have HDMI since its a standard. Can display port output hi res video?
yep
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6537|Long Island, New York

Winston_Churchill wrote:

Mufasa.

https://www.gogaminggiant.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/facepalm.jpg
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6654

Forgive my ignorance but how often do they come out with new operating systems and how much do they cost? Are you allowed free updates up to a certain point?

It's nice that they release them so frequently, but it could be pretty costly to consumers (*insert comment about how Apple products are already expensive enough derp*). Seriously, though..
Defiance
+438|6671

Uzique wrote:

RDMC wrote:

SonderKommando wrote:

yaaawwwwnnnn......
google? sorry, lemme go post in a bunch of threads about things i know nothing about with asinine "yawn" comments

It's a shame the topic of Macs can't come up without you throwing a fit as soon as someone posts a negative comment.

Yes, the yawn was asinine. Boo hoo, ignore it. But I don't get what you're going for with the "fuck off" when someone asks a question. It's not winning over any of the hearts you so dearly crave to be kinder to Apple.
.Sup
be nice
But props to Apple for still making reliable products from quality parts, with all the recession all other manufacturers are using cheap materials. Sure the prices are much lower but there are people who want to pay premium to have aluminum parts rather than plastic.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6691|Devon, England
Nothing of interest that I can see.
SonderKommando

Uzique wrote:

RDMC wrote:

SonderKommando wrote:

yaaawwwwnnnn......

Asinine?  What was foolish about that statement?  I was simply stating that the announcement of new Apple products was not of interest to me.  Also, got your ass going didnt it?  You silly little cunt.
.Sup
be nice

SonderKommando wrote:

Uzique wrote:

RDMC wrote:

Asinine?  What was foolish about that statement?  I was simply stating that the announcement of new Apple products was not of interest to me.  Also, got your ass going didnt it?  You silly little cunt.
he just likes to offend people and get into arguments, I bet its nothing personal Sonder. You should have gotten used to it after so many years
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5585

So it's kinda like a netbook?
SonderKommando

.Sup wrote:

SonderKommando wrote:

Uzique wrote:

he just likes to offend people and get into arguments, I bet its nothing personal Sonder. You should have gotten used to it after so many years
Oh I know, as much as I like him the shit/holier than thou personality gets old.  He makes it hard to respect him for the intelligence he does have when he's so pretentious all the time.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6649

Macbeth wrote:

So it's kinda like a netbook?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPO8sg5xH-M
Except that it's not cheaper than a regular laptop.
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6567|NYC / Hamburg

The new Airs are too expensive for what they offer. You're better off getting a 13'' MB/MBP. More power, same price. No USB 3.0?

iLife doesn't seem to add anything useful.

OSX Lion is a letdown. App store and springboard. Spotlight is the easiest and quickest way of launching apps. Dock works perfectly fine too. No need for another method. Where's the update to iTunes that makes it stop sucking so horribly? New filesystem? OpenGL, OpenCL updates? BluRay? At least they're doing something with the way the dock manages windows. Taskbar for OSX

Yawn indeed.

Last edited by max (2010-10-20 16:27:26)

once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6659|BC, Canada

max wrote:

The new Airs are too expensive for what they offer. You're better off getting a 13'' MB/MBP. More power, same price. No USB 3.0?

iLife doesn't seem to add anything useful.

OSX Lion is a letdown. App store and springboard. Spotlight is the easiest and quickest way of launching apps. Dock works perfectly fine too. No need for another method. Where's the update to iTunes that makes it stop sucking so horribly? New filesystem? OpenGL, OpenCL updates? BluRay? At least they're doing something with the way the dock manages windows. Taskbar for OSX

Yawn indeed.
I thought Jobs was anti-bluray, dont expect to see it pqired up with Macs any time soon.

Also, was reading a bit about this earlier, that auto trailer maker seems like a shit idea.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6756|Scotland

Wait, so THE LAUNCHPAD is a cluttered desktop?

lol. Just lol.
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6739|Toronto | Canada

Poseidon wrote:

Winston_Churchill wrote:

Mufasa.

http://www.gogaminggiant.com/wp-content … cepalm.jpg
ahaha, I have a friend named Mustafa and wrote that instead.  Probably shouldnt be posting anymore while studying for chem exams
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6191|Roma
TBH, looks very sexy and nice to use, like most Apple products, but quite like a netbook too..
If the iPad fills the gap between the iPhone and the Macbook, what point does this have?
A few points..

Apple wrote:

Getting rid of the hard drive enclosure and using only the parts that matter — the actual flash chips — frees up about 90 per cent more space. And just like that, there’s room for other important things, like a bigger battery. Now you have a notebook that weighs practically nothing and runs for hours on a single charge.
I always thought batteries were one of the heaviest parts of most things..

Apple wrote:

A truly mobile device needs to be light, thin and strong enough to take with you wherever you go. It also needs to perform quickly, spring to life instantly and have enough battery power to keep up with you. It should have no spinning hard drive, [b]no optical drive[/b[ and no unnecessary parts.
Really? Pretty sure one of the main ways to transport media was still optical discs..
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|5999|The Mitten
the other mb air was pretty light on external connectivity - one usb, one power, one audio, or something. No optical on that either.
EE (hats
Benzin
+576|5998
I don't see the problem with no optical drive. USB sticks are the key way to transporting media if you don't employ some form of cloud storage.

The whole "Mac App Store" is a real gimmick. Ubuntu has had something similar for a while and Jolicloud has had it since day one when it was an alpha release. Big. whoop. And can we please stop calling programs on computers apps? Let's at least keep that term restricted to the mobile world. Fuck sakes.

Gotta agree with max about the new features in Lion. Yawn.

I think the new MBA is pretty cool, though. Given that it costs the same as a Macbook and Macbook Pro, though, it's only advantage is weight.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard