Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6175|Ireland
You get to write one simple law.  What is it.

Mine would be that US politicians can be found guilty of treason by a 2/3rds vote in their state by a ballot initiative and the automatic penalty is death by public hanging at that states capitol.

Yes, trial by public opinion with automatic death sentence to hold these bastards accountable to the people they represent.  Make people think twice about a career in politics, definately would want to get out quick when people start catching you getting greedy.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5349|London, England

Lotta_Drool wrote:

You get to write one simple law.  What is it.

Mine would be that US politicians can be found guilty of treason by a 2/3rds vote in their state by a ballot initiative and the automatic penalty is death by public hanging at that states capitol.

Yes, trial by public opinion with automatic death sentence to hold these bastards accountable to the people they represent.  Make people think twice about a career in politics, definately would want to get out quick when people start catching you getting greedy.
Yes, let's put peoples life in the hands of the mob like some good old fashion gladiator matches.

Idiot.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
jord
+2,382|6670|The North, beyond the wall.
A better thread would be what law would you remove. Obviously without the rediculous trollesque example though.
Acerider
Stupid keyboard is stuck
+32|5001|Ontario, Canada

jord wrote:

A better thread would be what law would you remove. Obviously without the rediculous trollesque example though.
The example is trollesque, it's just to emotionally influenced and kinda biased. No offence Lotta, but maybe make your example more rational? Like, your example is more of a rage than a practical example.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5349|London, England

Acerider wrote:

jord wrote:

The example is trollesque, it's just to emotionally influenced and kinda biased. No offence Lotta, but maybe make your example more rational? Like, your example is more of a rage than a practical example.
Shut up.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6397|North Carolina
I would implement Instant Runoff Voting at all electoral levels.
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5991|Vortex Ring State

JohnG@lt wrote:

Acerider wrote:

jord wrote:

Shut up.
JG is grumpy today

the law that I would enact is making electoral districts be set by an independent organization. So no more gerrymandering.
Wreckognize
+294|6477
I'd repeal tax exempt status for places of worship.
jord
I'll raise you that and make places of worship illegal, aha!
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6533|Texas - Bigger than France
I'd enact a law that fines people on crappy posts.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5577

All public schools and state universities are not allowed to have school funded sports teams, and other programs not directly related to academics.

Biggest waste of education money ever.
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
+444|6122|North Tonawanda, NY
I would enact a law imposing term limits on legislators.  That would work nicely to impede career politicians.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6529|Long Island, New York

Macbeth wrote:

All public schools and state universities are not allowed to have school funded sports teams, and other programs not directly related to academics.

Biggest waste of education money ever.
Hey, my local SUNY school is fucking badass at sports. Stony Brook <3

But I do agree.

I'd put the drinking age back to 18. I know it's cliche, but if I can go overseas and kill someone for my country at 18, I think I should be able to come home and enjoy a beer.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6708
make me king of everything
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
eleven bravo
+1,399|5250|foggy bottom
sharia
Tu Stultus Es
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6460
I'd ban straights in the amry.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5577

Wreckognize wrote:

I'd repeal tax exempt status for places of worship.
That would take a lot of money out of charities and into local governments. Which wouldn't be cool.

That would also close a lot of independent and small churches and shift a lot of church membership and power to those damned mega churches. That would be a very bad thing to do TBH

Last edited by Macbeth (2010-10-19 11:07:00)

jord
Have to pass a logic test at age 18, if you fail you're executed.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5250|foggy bottom
ban fat chicks
Tu Stultus Es
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6650|BC, Canada
I always thought it would be cool to have a law where, if someone was being a douchebag, you could fill out an application, then legally bitch slap them at some later point, like in a business meeting, or some other public moment.
13rin
+977|6471

SenorToenails wrote:

I would enact a law imposing term limits on legislators.  That would work nicely to impede career politicians.
Term limits aren't always a good thing.

I really want less laws, not more.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Acerider
Stupid keyboard is stuck
+32|5001|Ontario, Canada

DBBrinson1 wrote:

SenorToenails wrote:

I really want less laws, not more.
But less laws lead to vaguer, more general laws which aren't always a good thing.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6547
Outlaw taxation (or should I stay state thievery). Also compulsory Christianity on pain of being sent to the gallows.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2010-10-19 12:16:13)

SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
+444|6122|North Tonawanda, NY

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Oh?
Acerider
Stupid keyboard is stuck
+32|5001|Ontario, Canada

CameronPoe wrote:

Outlaw taxation
Yeah, great idea, because if there's ONE excellent way of burning a country to the ground...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard