11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5238|Cleveland, Ohio
at least some people here have an excuse...sub zero temps and snow for 4 months...yall got beaches and shit
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6107|eXtreme to the maX

11 Bravo wrote:

at least some people here have an excuse...sub zero temps and snow for 4 months...yall got beaches and shit
Only on the edges, and there's a lot of middle.

Anyway, the Swedish aren't fat.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6676|Canberra, AUS

Dilbert_X wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

Only on the edges, and there's a lot of middle.

Anyway, the Swedish aren't fat.
I will point out that everyone lives on the edges.

With 11B on this one. No excuse for mine.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472

ghettoperson wrote:

Uzique wrote:

you're asking a gaming forum for the topic of your undergraduate dissertation?

jesus christ you are even more retarded than i thought.

BF2s Graduate - 1:1 in D&ST Shite
Just curious, did you read the OP?

EDIT: Because to be clear, I'd like you to go fuck yourself. I probably didn't state that in the OP, now that I think about it, but the sentiment still stands.
yeah, i read the OP. it's 3 lines long. sorry if it doesn't encompass the whole complexity of your immediately pressing situation-- you fucking made it, dumbass. im just saying it how it is. you're doing a degree in a field that you're supposed to be interested in... and you can't even blag a brief for your own dissertation? either you're incredibly apathetic, ridiculously unmotivated, or just a plain retard. that's like an arts student studying arts for 4 years and then not being able to think of any painters or authors they would like to write about in their finalist's year.

i mean, are you honestly going to pursue research into a dissertation recommended to you by a forum of gamers, teenagers and part-time dads? im sure your supervising professors will absolutely lap it up.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
ghettoperson
+1,943|6650

I have the option to write about basically anything on earth, a few suggestions here and there won't go amiss. It's a pretty broad subject. Dissertation topics take a long time to come up with and you'll submit a bunch to your advisor before you get one that's good enough, so I'm quite obviously not just doing what "a forum of gamers, teenagers and part-time dads" have suggested.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6717

ghettoperson wrote:

I have the option to write about basically anything on earth, a few suggestions here and there won't go amiss. It's a pretty broad subject. Dissertation topics take a long time to come up with and you'll submit a bunch to your advisor before you get one that's good enough, so I'm quite obviously not just doing what "a forum of gamers, teenagers and part-time dads" have suggested.
you're missing posh drug addicts.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472
dude im doing a dissertation, too. i know the breadth of possible options and the process of refining an effective 'plan'.

doesn't mean i was going to fucking housewife-readerly.com to ask them for potential subjects.

you've been studying the stuff for 2/3 years... if you can't brainstorm a few basic ideas yourself, then you're a retard.

and i'd say you're furthermore an idiot for even considering the research of some random 'hot topics' submitted on a forum.

would you seriously work for an entire year, doing extensive research and reaming off pages of type... because of something a random person suggested? have you not found anything remotely interesting or engaging in your last 2-3 years of study? sorry but it just sounds to me like you're being apathetic. getting help with homework on here is one thing... trying to find suggestions for your most important piece of academic work is laughable. sorry.

and yeah, amend "fat little asian redneck wannabes" to that list too, since it's going to be extra-specific!

Last edited by Uzique (2010-10-12 06:26:35)

libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6717

Uzique wrote:

dude im doing a dissertation, too. i know the breadth of possible options and the process of refining an effective 'plan'.

doesn't mean i was going to fucking housewife-readerly.com to ask them for potential subjects.

you've been studying the stuff for 2/3 years... if you can't brainstorm a few basic ideas yourself, then you're a retard.

and i'd say you're furthermore an idiot for even considering the research of some random 'hot topics' submitted on a forum.

would you seriously work for an entire year, doing extensive research and reaming off pages of type... because of something a random person suggested? have you not found anything remotely interesting or engaging in your last 2-3 years of study? sorry but it just sounds to me like you're being apathetic. getting help with homework on here is one thing... trying to find suggestions for your most important piece of academic work is laughable. sorry.

and yeah, amend "fat little asian redneck wannabes" to that list too, since it's going to be extra-specific!
yeah that fat thing is just plain fucking weird.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472
oh yeah i remember... what was your excuse.... it was a fish-eye lens and the lighting was bad? lool.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6650

Like I said, I've changed the area I'm focussing on, but in order to change my advisor I needed a question to submit. If the forum can come up with something plausible whilst I ate lunch, great. It doesn't mean that I'll do that question, or even anything related to that. I'm not really sure what the ensuing argument about fat people was about...
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5359|London, England
Federalism vs States Rights. Do it. It's the one all encompassing theme throughout American politics. It even pre-dates our Constitution.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472

JohnG@lt wrote:

Federalism vs States Rights. Do it. It's the one all encompassing theme throughout American politics. It even pre-dates our Constitution.
been doing a lot of work on that lately.

it's one of those paradoxes of political theory that will never be fully brought in line.

federalism vs. antifederalism vs. small republicanism vs. enlarged republicanism.

pretty interesting. federalist papers and whatnot.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Uzique wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

been doing a lot of work on that lately.

it's one of those paradoxes of political theory that will never be fully brought in line.

federalism vs. antifederalism vs. small republicanism vs. enlarged republicanism.

pretty interesting. federalist papers and whatnot.
Everything else is pretty blah and localized to a small era (which perhaps makes it easier, but far less interesting). If you're going to do a dissertation on American politics this is what you want.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472
including a hardback copy of alexis de tocqueville
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6717

Uzique wrote:

oh yeah i remember... what was your excuse.... it was a fish-eye lens and the lighting was bad? lool.
lol
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Uzique wrote:

including a hardback copy of alexis de tocqueville
I've always neglected to pick up a copy of Democracy in America, I'll add it to my wish list now.
-Frederick Bastiat
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472
it's fantastic and is pretty much the politsci and economic sociological underpinning of all studies on american democracy.

definite recommend. it's a book you can dip in and out of, too, according to the area of interest. very well written and nicely structured.

rorty and delbanco also have a lot of good things to say about the original american idea.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard