P3R3K
+0|6708
I have another unlock in ~300 points and am wondering whether to get the AWP or PKM. Mind you sniper is my fav class, but if the PKM is as good as you say it is then I might change.
MrBrain
+24|6719|Finland
take the jackhammer
2ndLt.Tucker
If you can read this, your already dead
+33|6711|Stillwater, Ok
PKM is great for support class, but if your sniper then unlock what you use most. I play all classes so i need all unlocks.  FYI Jackhammer sucks compared to the MP7
P3R3K
+0|6708
Whats this mess I hear about the AWP 1 hit killing? I know for a fact i was hit with an awp and it did less than 95 damage. But in the other thread ppl claimed it did 100% damage.
FriiginChomper
+41|6730
the AWP one hit kills to unarmored units to the chest i think. and like a regular sniper a head shot is a insta-kill. and the AWP has an awsome noise . but the PKM is pretty good. im a first serg so i have both. there both good but if you play sniper id get the AWP.
HerrHav0k
+0|6697
I have been using the L96A1 all night and I don't think it's one hit kill to chest, because that would have to make the M95 (.50 cal) and M24 (.308, same round as L96A1) one-hit-to-chest killers. It's basically an M24 with thinner sights, and it sounds badass. If you wish you had an M24 when you weren't USMC, get it. If not, get the PKM.

Oh and the L96A1 isn't an AWP. The AWP is the Arctic Warfare Super Magnum which fires a bigger round.

Last edited by HerrHav0k (2006-02-15 01:29:58)

P3R3K
+0|6708

HerrHav0k wrote:

I have been using the L96A1 all night and I don't think it's one hit kill to chest, because that would have to make the M95 (.50 cal) and M24 (.308, same round as L96A1) one-hit-to-chest killers. It's basically an M24 with thinner sights, and it sounds badass. If you wish you had an M24 when you weren't USMC, get it. If not, get the PKM.

Oh and it's not an AWP. The AWP is the Arctic Warfare Super Magnum which fires a bigger round.
For brevity I decided to use AWP
Graham
+0|6707

P3R3K wrote:

HerrHav0k wrote:

Oh and it's not an AWP. The AWP is the Arctic Warfare Super Magnum which fires a bigger round.
ur both wrong the AWP is the artic warfare police version
the one in the game is the AWM the artic warfare military version

there are several versions of the original AW

http://www.sportingservices.co.uk/accuracy.asp
JonskyGBR
+5|6702|England

Graham wrote:

Well you're wrong, you should learn how to spell arCtic

Caliber 7.62 NATO (.308 Win)
Operation Bolt Action
Length 44.3 - 47 inches 
Weight 14.33 lbs (6.5kg) empty without telescope
Barrel Length 24 inches 
Twist, Right Hand 1 turn in 12 inches 
Magazine Capacity/td>  10 or 12 round detachable box magazine 
Maximum Effective Range 1000 yards

The L96A1 is the British Army designation of the standard AWC PM. The L96A1 won a British Army competition by a slight margin over the Parker-Hale M85 to become the standard sniper rifle for the British Army. The PM utilizes an aluminium frame over which is placed a high impact plastic stock. An adjustable Parker Hale Bi-Pod is fitted as standard. An uprated version, the AW, features many minor improvements, including an easier bolt action, frost proof mechanism, muzzle brake and a 10x42 hensoldt telescopic sight. The L96A1 is capable of sub MOA with military ammo, and gets to about half of that with good match grade ammo. The AW is imported to the US by Accuracy International, and is for sale to the public.
Other Models in use: PM Counter-Terrorist Rifle, PM Covert Sniper Rifle, and the PM Super Magnum Sniper Rifle
Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6722|San Francisco
OH man I nearly creamed myself using the L96 last night...AWESOME sound, really thin crosshair in the scope so it's easier to get pinpoint accuracy, just overall an amazing sniper rifle.  Sniper is becoming my favorite class now
JonskyGBR
+5|6702|England

Marconius wrote:

Sniper is becoming my favorite class now
You and everybody else, can't move for them now, least you could see the chopper whores
kiteboarderni
+62|6709
well i think its more like the schmidt scout outta CSS if u ask me! it just doesnt do it for me tho. accuracy is sweet but theirs more power in a fart!
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6713|Espoo, Finland

Marconius wrote:

OH man I nearly creamed myself using the L96 last night...AWESOME sound, really thin crosshair in the scope so it's easier to get pinpoint accuracy, just overall an amazing sniper rifle.  Sniper is becoming my favorite class now
PKM is the best sniper in 1.2...
HerrHav0k
+0|6697

Graham wrote:

P3R3K wrote:

HerrHav0k wrote:

The L96A1 is the L96A1...it's not an AWP or an AWM...
IvIaster.Us
+-2|6675
Whatthe Hell Is Awp
Octavarium
+1|6739
The sniper rifle from Counter Strike - famed for its ability to kill in one shot to the head or torso
Pernicious544
Zee Tank Skank
+80|6729|MoVal So-Cal
thats the magnum in Cs dude, the AWP takes 2 to the chest and 1 to the head in Cs much like the L96A1
I.M.I Militant
We Are Not Alone In Here
+297|6748|Melbourne, Australia
the awp recked css .. but it seems to be good for bf2 as it isent 1 hit kill many people may think its 1 hit kill because in bf2 you get little bits of damage for basicly anything u sprint down a flight of stairs and u get a little hurt ... now u only need a total of 5 damage to become a 1 shot victim to a m95 or awp
JonskyGBR
+5|6702|England

HerrHav0k wrote:

The L96A1 is the L96A1...it's not an AWP or an AWM...
The L96A1 is the British Army designation of the standard AWC PM

The British Army uses L designation for lots of its weapons

i.e.
The L85A1 is an Enfield SA-80 (Small Arms for 1980s)
The powerful L1A1 12.7 mm Heavy Machine gun (HMG) is an updated version of the Browning M2 'Fifty-cal'
The battle-proven L16A2 81mm Mortar delivers accurate High Explosive (HE),
Royal Artillery L118 Light Guns are fitted with an Automatic Pointing System
etc etc

There not all made by the same manufacturer obviously,

Accuracy International of Portsmouth England make several versions of the rifle

All rifles start AW - Arctic Warfare (Allowing sniping operations to be carried out under Arctic conditions as low as -40C

AWC PM - The L96A1 (C for combat) which is the same gun as a PSG-90(what Swedish army calls it)
AWS - Supressed (silenced)
AWF - Folding (the butt of the rifle folds)
AW SM - Super Magnum  (.338 Lapua Magnum, .300 Winchester Magnum and 7mm Remington)
AWP - Police model - cheaper - since for most police situations the full compliance to the strict military standards is not required.

AW SM is designated by the British Army as L115A1 by the way and is a longer range rifle (LRR) due to the heavier/larger round

SO THERE

https://www.armedforces.co.uk/raqpaq/uploads/raq3f604cb579dc1l200

Last edited by JonskyGBR (2006-02-17 07:08:53)

Ayumiz
J-10 whore
+103|6762|Singapore
The PKM is one real hell of a sniper rifle. If u fire single shot, i bet u will HS someone.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard