lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

JohnG@lt wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

I don't go about harassing anyone. I just despise the nanny state crap that anti-bullying laws represent. Like I said, you can't legislate it so people are forced to be nice to one another. You can't legislate away competition and aggression. How is that even remotely healthy?
You can legislate to force people to act with minimum civility though.
Its very healthy, it prevents the aggressive dominating the weaker, we have moved on from trial by combat - at least im civilised countries.
How very Christian of you.
Our morality in western society is based on Christian values, however You do not have to be a Christian to adopt a philosophy that treading on another persons existence negatively  is wrong.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6108|eXtreme to the maX

JohnG@lt wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Its very healthy, it prevents the aggressive dominating the weaker, we have moved on from trial by combat - at least im civilised countries.
How very Christian/Muslim/Jewish/Buddhist/Libertarian of you.
Fixed.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6777|Moscow, Russia

UnkleRukus wrote:

Shahter wrote:

burning a cross on ones own front lawn would be a crime in usa? are there sarcasm tags in that post i'm not seeing?
No, it's considered racist against black people. The KKK used to (probably still does in certain areas) burn wooden crosses, in the early 20th and late 19th centuries they would burn the black people on them, or hang them, or both.
oh, ffs, i know that. what i don't get is

FEOS wrote:

Go burn a cross on your front lawn and then make that argument when you get charged with a hate crime.
^this.
if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5360|London, England

Dilbert_X wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Fixed.
It's hilarious that you don't know what a libertarian is but feel that it's useful as an insult
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6413|'Murka

JohnG@lt wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Fixed.
It's hilarious that you don't know what a libertarian is but feel that it's useful as an insult
Or that referring to someone by a religious term (along with a political affiliation he clearly doesn't understand) is somehow an insult.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
13/f/taiwan
+940|5701

Dilbert_X wrote:

Because it is subjective and therefor undefinable.
Most civil suits are determined "on the balance of probabilities" and according to the view a "reasonable person" would take.
Nope. Stick to things that involve Australia Dilbert.
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5038|Massachusetts, USA

Shahter wrote:

UnkleRukus wrote:

Shahter wrote:

burning a cross on ones own front lawn would be a crime in usa? are there sarcasm tags in that post i'm not seeing?
No, it's considered racist against black people. The KKK used to (probably still does in certain areas) burn wooden crosses, in the early 20th and late 19th centuries they would burn the black people on them, or hang them, or both.
oh, ffs, i know that. what i don't get is

FEOS wrote:

Go burn a cross on your front lawn and then make that argument when you get charged with a hate crime.
^this.
Because people are always trying to interfere with eachothers lives.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6774|PNW

FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6413|'Murka

Those guys rode for my best friend's funeral a couple of years ago--they're some awesome people. Since the funeral was in OK and the crash had gotten some media coverage, there was some concern the WBC would show up.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5239|Cleveland, Ohio

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard