Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6413|North Carolina

JohnG@lt wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

It's about controlling others and making their decisions for them.
Every society makes decisions for you.  It's only a matter of degrees.
So how were my decisions controlled by society today? I woke up, drove my girlfriend to work, came home, fucked around on forums for a few hours, went to class, took a nap, now I'm off to another class. Aside from the laws that I followed while driving, I didn't have a whole lot of contact with society at large.
You were forced to learn certain things at school, right?
Turquoise
O Canada

Ilocano wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

cpt.fass1 wrote:

I don't understand, they say ok here is what you're borrowing and this is your monthly payment?

It's really not rocket science, and the main problem with everything is the Market tanking. That is the only reason this is a problem, if they could get away from the loan they'd be fine.
Some people really are massively stupid.  Others are just grossly uneducated.

To prevent future disasters, it's best to set up a system where fewer people are taken advantage of.
We better shut down the Stock Markets then.
I hate to say it...  but you might be onto something there...  lol...    j/k
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5366|London, England

Turquoise wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Every society makes decisions for you.  It's only a matter of degrees.
So how were my decisions controlled by society today? I woke up, drove my girlfriend to work, came home, fucked around on forums for a few hours, went to class, took a nap, now I'm off to another class. Aside from the laws that I followed while driving, I didn't have a whole lot of contact with society at large.
I wasn't forced to learn anything.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Turquoise
O Canada

JohnG@lt wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

It's all about free will, isn't it?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Turquoise wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

I voluntarily attend school and I voluntarily attend that class. I don't have to do either.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6724

Turquoise wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

centrally planned anything fails. you know why the chinese lack innovation? just look at their education system
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6675

JohnG@lt wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

I voluntarily attend school and I voluntarily attend that class. I don't have to do either.
But you have to if you want to get ahead in the world.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6724

Ilocano wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

yeah but some people have the choice of not wanting to get ahead. tis all about choice
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6675

Cybargs wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

yeah but some people have the choice of not wanting to get ahead. tis all about choice
I watched a bit of that Precious movie last night...
Turquoise
O Canada

Cybargs wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

centrally planned anything fails. you know why the chinese lack innovation? just look at their education system
Yes, but they have the free will to choose to follow the rules.... 
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6114|eXtreme to the maX

JohnG@lt wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

cpt.fass1 wrote:

I don't understand, they say ok here is what you're borrowing and this is your monthly payment?

It's really not rocket science, and the main problem with everything is the Market tanking. That is the only reason this is a problem, if they could get away from the loan they'd be fine.

To prevent future disasters, it's best to set up a system where fewer people are taken advantage of.
Let's put helmets and pads on everyone as well. Never know when someone will fall down and injure them self. Your life must suck man, you spend so much time worrying about what others do and I bet you feel helpless because you think you're smarter than most and wish you could make their decisions for them so they won't fail in life. You can't soften life for people, it makes them even dumber and more lazy. In fact, it increases the number of stupid and lazy in society.
If we can't educate or control stupid people then surely it makes sense to regulate the smart and greedy people?

You can say 'free market blah blah blah' but that just leads to these mega-crashes which affect everyone.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Ilocano wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Not exactly. There are plenty of options out there that don't have a college degree as a requirement. The whole "I need a college degree or I will fail in life" has been a tremendously successful piece of propaganda pushed by the colleges themselves and ultra-lazy HR departments. Start your own business, join a union, do whatever. College is not a necessity.
-Frederick Bastiat
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6689|Disaster Free Zone

Ilocano wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

I know people with PHDs living off government hand outs, and a few door up from where I live a plumber has his $1.5million mansion and 4 BMWs lined up outside.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6675

JohnG@lt wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Not exactly. There are plenty of options out there that don't have a college degree as a requirement. The whole "I need a college degree or I will fail in life" has been a tremendously successful piece of propaganda pushed by the colleges themselves and ultra-lazy HR departments. Start your own business, join a union, do whatever. College is not a necessity.
Nope, not a necessity.  But the odds of succeeding (obviously, referring to in demand degrees) are far better than non-degree jobs.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Ilocano wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

Nope, not a necessity.  But the odds of succeeding (obviously, referring to in demand degrees) are far better than non-degree jobs.
Hardly. A college degree just allows you to be a slightly higher paid zombie if you go the corporate route. Hell, you can make more money doing construction. A college degree means virtually nothing.

You'll never get rich working for someone else.

Does a person with a business degree have an advantage when starting their own company? Perhaps. It depends on how much effort the non-grad has put into studying the market, who he has as contacts etc. Book learning only takes you so far and the advice of those residing in the Ivory Tower generally does more harm than good when exposed to the real world. All a degree is is a piece of paper letting prospective employers know you can deal with the bullshit and mindless tedium that college entails.

I despise school. If I didn't have to go to class except for exams I wouldn't bother showing up. Professors bore me, stupid people in class asking dumb questions bores me, the rigidity of class schedules bores me. It's all a mindfuck but it happens to be a requirement for the P.E. test so I'm stuck.

Last edited by JohnG@lt (2010-10-07 16:11:57)

-Frederick Bastiat
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6724

Turquoise wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

if you dont follow the rules you get your ass beat/shot. true story bro
LividBovine
The Year of the Cow!
+175|6388|MN

Dilbert_X wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Let's put helmets and pads on everyone as well. Never know when someone will fall down and injure them self. Your life must suck man, you spend so much time worrying about what others do and I bet you feel helpless because you think you're smarter than most and wish you could make their decisions for them so they won't fail in life. You can't soften life for people, it makes them even dumber and more lazy. In fact, it increases the number of stupid and lazy in society.
If we can't educate or control stupid people then surely it makes sense to regulate the smart and greedy people?

You can say 'free market blah blah blah' but that just leads to these mega-crashes which affect everyone.
No it doesn't.  The government trying to control the market is what leads to failure like we saw recently.
"The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation" - Barack Obama (a freshman senator from Illinios)
Turquoise
O Canada

Cybargs wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

if you dont follow the rules you get your ass beat/shot. true story bro
Yes, but by defying the rules, they're choosing to get beaten and shot. 
Turquoise
O Canada

LividBovine wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

No it doesn't.  The government trying to control the market is what leads to failure like we saw recently.
It's a little of everything.  Some of it was due to the government's intrusion.  Some of it was just good old fashioned greed.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6675

JohnG@lt wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Hardly. A college degree just allows you to be a slightly higher paid zombie if you go the corporate route. Hell, you can make more money doing construction. A college degree means virtually nothing.

Does a person with a business degree have an advantage when starting their own company? Perhaps. It depends on how much effort the non-grad has put into studying the market, who he has as contacts etc. Book learning only takes you so far and the advice of those residing in the Ivory Tower generally does more harm than good when exposed to the real world. All a degree is is a piece of paper letting prospective employers know you can deal with the bullshit and mindless tedium that college entails.

I despise school. If I didn't have to go to class except for exams I wouldn't bother showing up. Professors bore me, stupid people in class asking dumb questions bores me, the rigidity of class schedules bores me. It's all a mindfuck but it happens to be a requirement for the P.E. test so I'm stuck.
Yeah, tell that to all the various MD's, Lawyers, and Psychiatrists.

But yeah, I know a few wealthy "construction workers", but they are the exception.  I know more wealthy doctors and lawyers.  A $1.5 Million house is slumming to them.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6724
richest person i know was only a grunt at the aussie airforce. now hes a regional director of asia for a investment firm. i think what galt is saying education doesnt garuntee success. working for yourself always gets you payed a lot more too.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6114|eXtreme to the maX

JohnG@lt wrote:

Depends, a degree is not much more than a superficial overview of a subject and proof you have an understanding of the fundamentals and can work from first principles if required, especially useful to deal with a new problem.

Low grade degrees, which don't fully cover the above, aren't much use.

(Professors are generally losers who can't function outside the educational system)

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2010-10-07 18:21:59)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Ticia
+73|5343

JohnG@lt wrote:

You say everyone is stupid and the professors bore you and I have to ask are they? Or isn't your overall poor attitude to blame?
Your college experience most of the times depends only on you, if you're interested in really learning and if you're smart enough you'll find higher education schools have the best tools.
But maybe you just need to enroll in a better school. I don't know.

As for becoming an entrepreneur I believe your vision of it is too idealistic and completely detached from reality.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6675

Show me a plumber, electrician, construction worker, mechanic, blue collar charging $200/hr., and I'll show you a lawyer, surgeon, IT consultant charging significantly more.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5245|Cleveland, Ohio

Ilocano wrote:

Show me a plumber, electrician, construction worker, mechanic, blue collar charging $200/hr., and I'll show you a lawyer, surgeon, IT consultant charging significantly more.
meh ill show you bad lawyers and surgeons who fuck up all the time (thats why they make so much you know, their insurance)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard