Skruples
Mod Incarnate
+234|6717
doesnt the electrical charge set off a primer explosive, which then detonates the primary explosive? Again I have no real experience with any of this, and all this information is just what I've read on the internet.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6660
true that.  Im not saying an explosion wont detonate a claym,ore, but Id wanna say maybe 3 outta 10 times it wont.  It all the depends of the blast was directed at the claymore where it would get hot enough to charge the primer.  You can light c4 on fire and it wont blow, and thats what a claymore is made out of
Skruples
Mod Incarnate
+234|6717
yeah i read stories of soldiers in vietnam using c4 as an improvised heat source. Personally that would make me very nervous, but if it works...

What about an AT mine? surely a shell from a MBT will at least MAYBE blow up an at mine. And I'm almost certain mines dont differentiate between friendly tanks and enemy tanks.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6660
actually thanks to modern technology a lot of mines will NOT detonate with an explosion.  such as AT mines, wich usually detonate through a magnetic detection of what ever vehicle its under
Skruples
Mod Incarnate
+234|6717
hmmm. well. Can you just walk over and move it off the road?
kontrolcrimson
Get your body beat.
+183|6844|Australia
i have been playing on a server with no clay friendly fire and mine friendly fire on.
Try getting out of the base with a tank to have some tool mine the entrances and the only way out is through them?
I liked being able to shoot the mines away same with claymores.
I did get killed by mines But only by those smart enough to know were im going and hid those mines well.
As for claymores it was fun tossing a nade up letting it go boom and knifing the five snipers on the crane... cant do any of that now...
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6660
you cant pick it up for two reasons:
1. AT mines in the real world will always have anti-personel mines around them for that specific reason
2. Real military doctrine teaches us that there is never an unwatched minefield.  you WILL have snipers there
kontrolcrimson
Get your body beat.
+183|6844|Australia
with the bunnyhopping issue, things should stay the way it is, BUT allow the jup and shoot. Not the prone to jump.
Skruples
Mod Incarnate
+234|6717
well erm... blow up the anti personel mines with whatever you've got handy. Shoot the snipers with your snipers. Then move the mines? Cmon man! think outside the box!
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6660
I wish people in BF2 would really organize and fight these rounds like a real battle, itll be a lot more fun too
kontrolcrimson
Get your body beat.
+183|6844|Australia
but why does it need to be so realistic anyway??
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6691|Canberra, AUS
First you complain that noobs keep punishing your tk's after mines
Now you complain that mines are overpowered.

Wtf?

Grow up. Sure, it ain't perfect, but its a start
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6660
I actually love the mines but i could see how so many people would complain
TheMajorBummer
Have a nice day!
+-4|6842|Netherlands

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

I wish people in BF2 would really organize and fight these rounds like a real battle, itll be a lot more fun too
AMEN.
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6853
WTF I could allways pick up my mines with a Wrench?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard