Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6667

13/f/taiwan wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

I'd make that generalization across the board to most cities of the country.
Oh, I don't know.  I think the illegals and first generation immigrants will survive just fine.
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6354

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

Mitch wrote:

Okay well a gun isnt going to feed you after your pantry runs dry and the supermarkets are closed and empty. And dont think your just gonna go rob people who do have food cause they are all armed aswell and know their land far better than you do
This is my whole plan. It will work for me. Bet on it.
Wait, a gun isn't going to feed you?

Watch "Red Dawn" and see what else they use the gun for during the Invasion. I think it's called Hunting and it does feed you.
Game around here will be wiped out one month after the Stores close.
firebolt5
+114|6155
Hm, this thread reminds me of The Colony on the Discovery Channel.  Season 2 just ended a week ago.
http://dsc.discovery.com/tv/colony/
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6696|NJ

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

This is my whole plan. It will work for me. Bet on it.

Watch "Red Dawn" and see what else they use the gun for during the Invasion. I think it's called Hunting and it does feed you.
You think?

Cause if it gets to the point of needing survival skills, a good portion of the human population would be whipped out.

Also just because someone has the gun and the bullets doesn't mean they know how to hunt, or can hit things. Hunting as is, is a pretty difficult sport.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6667

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

cpt.fass1 wrote:

You think?

Cause if it gets to the point of needing survival skills, a good portion of the human population would be whipped out.

Also just because someone has the gun and the bullets doesn't mean they know how to hunt, or can hit things. Hunting as is, is a pretty difficult sport.
Is it?  It just takes a significant amount of patience.  Something that most people lack though.
cpt.fass1
+329|6696|NJ
Yeah see, a skill.

Oh forgot to comment on why you think the illegals and first generation immigrants will survive just fine?
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6667

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Yeah see, a skill.

Oh forgot to comment on why you think the illegals and first generation immigrants will survive just fine?
For most of them, third world survival instincts.  Making your way from some Central American country all the way here in the US requires some significant degree of self-determination and coping skills.  And they can live off of less than us who are raised here.
cpt.fass1
+329|6696|NJ
Ohh I got ya. Still doesn't make sense, because they aren't actually living off the land. Most are actually getting taken care of and guided over. Meaning they're bringing man made water(from taps or bottle is what man made means).

So it really doesn't benefit them, also if something really bad happens in NYC every ones going to be fucked. It's an island and very hard to be sustain on something so over developed.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6667

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Ohh I got ya. Still doesn't make sense, because they aren't actually living off the land. Most are actually getting taken care of and guided over. Meaning they're bringing man made water(from taps or bottle is what man made means).

So it really doesn't benefit them, also if something really bad happens in NYC every ones going to be fucked. It's an island and very hard to be sustain on something so over developed.
And come winter season, a shit load of people in NYC will die.

As for those illegals, I'll wager a good many of them were farmers or villagers who would be better at living off the land than some NYC city folk.
cpt.fass1
+329|6696|NJ
Yeah but most NYC people aren't from there. It's very rare that you find an actual new yorker there.
13rin
+977|6479

Ilocano wrote:

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

You think?

Is it?  It just takes a significant amount of patience.  Something that most people lack though.
Or a spotlight...
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6354

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

cpt.fass1 wrote:

You think?

Or a spotlight...
I dont live in Montana, In my living room, My 2 year old Duaghters yells out " A DEER ! " I say where ? She yells " RIGHT DARE ! "

There looking in our window, " Got the game on ?  who's winning ? A'Rod sux " I could hunt deer here with a lasso.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6692

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Yeah but most NYC people aren't from there. It's very rare that you find an actual new yorker there.
Third generation New Yorker here. Does that mean I'm fucked?
cpt.fass1
+329|6696|NJ

Superior Mind wrote:

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Third generation New Yorker here. Does that mean I'm fucked?
Naa you'll probably just eat people.. But most New Yorkers are from Rhode Island, Conn and all other states. Especially if someone says they're from "Brooklyn" you know they're from an other state.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6692

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Especially if someone says they're from "Brooklyn" you know they're from an other state.
Yeah, it's usually white, 30 something, school teachers who have some kind of body art.

Last edited by Superior Mind (2010-10-04 14:22:05)

13/f/taiwan
+940|5698

Ilocano wrote:

13/f/taiwan wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

Oh, I don't know.  I think the illegals and first generation immigrants will survive just fine.
Definitely. A good portion of the men in my Family spent half their lives in third world shitholes. I know who I'm rolling with when shit goes down.

Last edited by 13/f/taiwan (2010-10-05 13:05:18)

Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6183|Ireland
I got 10 chickens I keep in town and will be putting in raised gardens next spring on a drip system.  Also planted an apple tree last spring and will put in another this coming spring.

I want to be prepared for the next great depression type scenerio. I can hunt less than a mile from my house.

I don't think the hope change thing is working very well, but what can you expect from the first black president.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6771|PNW

RV, 10 gal diesel, 10 gal gasoline, a mish-mash of canned food, about ten gallons of water, a bunch of 9mm, .45, .38 and .22 rounds and 12-gauge shotgun shells to go around. Nothing being held in reserve really (it's all currently being used) it's just stuff that could be useful.

The most I'd ever expect from where I live are devastating after-effects from a Rainier eruption post-flood, during which I'd probably hustle over to an aid station to help out. Just not very disaster-prone up here, apart from rare lowlands flooding.
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6183|Ireland

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

RV, 10 gal diesel, 10 gal gasoline, a mish-mash of canned food, about ten gallons of water, a bunch of 9mm, .45, .38 and .22 rounds and 12-gauge shotgun shells to go around. Nothing being held in reserve really (it's all currently being used) it's just stuff that could be useful.

The most I'd ever expect from where I live are devastating after-effects from a Rainier eruption post-flood, during which I'd probably hustle over to an aid station to help out. Just not very disaster-prone up here, apart from rare lowlands flooding.
Suitcase nuke detonated from the top of the space needle.

Didn't they foil the Canadians trying to blow up the space needle a few years back?  Don't kid yourself, Seattle is an easy target.  Close to porus border with Canadistanbul and chuck full of " have you hugged a mooslim today " liberals.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6771|PNW

The Canadians I know are more redneck than SUV/gun-toting Americans I've met.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6737|Oxferd Ohire
but you dont live near kentucky
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6771|PNW

RTHKI wrote:

Not hardly, but I've known a southern transplant who was an 'Army Ranger' who thought he could single-handedly reform the country music industry while wheeling and dealing over his bluetooth while he was supposed to be working.

He moved back to Nashville.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6780|Great Brown North

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

thanks
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6183|Ireland

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

RTHKI wrote:

Not hardly, but I've known a southern transplant who was an 'Army Ranger' who thought he could single-handedly reform the country music industry while wheeling and dealing over his bluetooth while he was supposed to be working.

He moved back to Nashville.
Yeah, Western Canucks are ok.  The Canadian Menonite Custom cutters we had replace the Oakies were a little spooky but at least you didn't have to hide the beer.
13rin
+977|6479

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

So how many 'rednecks' make it all the way up and over there to Washington State?  Or have you traveled to and spent time in the South East?
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard