Announcement

Mitch
Ive been here for 15.5 years. That’s half my life.
+876|5853|South Florida
Does anyone else here prep for a shit-hits-the-fan scenario? I've just gotten into it. Found a great forum with other preppers.
15 more years! 15 more years!
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|4686|London, England
Shifty and Mitch in DST on the same day. My head is going to explode.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|5327|The Mitten

[email protected] wrote:

Shifty and Mitch in DST on the same day. My head is going to explode.
Sounds like you need some survival prepping skillz, yo.
EE (hats
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,724|6065|Oxferd Ohire
Mitch you live in one of the worst places to be in a survival scenario. You know NYC is always first right.
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6002|Canberra, AUS

RTHKI wrote:

Mitch you live in one of the worst places to be in a survival scenario. You know NYC is always first right.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Mitch
Ive been here for 15.5 years. That’s half my life.
+876|5853|South Florida
So be it, but im a solid 250 miles away from NYC.
15 more years! 15 more years!
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|5982

Start caching ammo.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|4686|London, England

mtb0minime wrote:

Start caching ammo.
and franks and beans.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|5876|San Diego, CA, USA
Here in California we have plenty of disasters to deal with.   If its not earthquakes, wild fires, mudslides, gas explosions, floods, and tornadoes its rolling brown-outs that'll get you.

If you don't have at least 5-10 gallons of clean water, food for at least 3-5 days, a full tank of gas or extra gas, and emergency cash you're screwed.

Oh yeah and don't forget plenty of ammo with a gun that doesn't need to be cleaned all too often.  If shit really hits the fan it may be bullets that'll become the new currency.



Here's what FEMA suggests you should have in a disaster kit at different locations (home, work, and car).
Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|5327|The Mitten
I've got a cupboard with cans of food, filtered water,
And pictures of you and I'm not coming out
Until this is all over
And I'm looking through the glass where the light bends
At the cracks
And I'm screaming at the top of my lungs pretending
The echoes belong to someone
Someone I used to know
EE (hats
Mitch
Ive been here for 15.5 years. That’s half my life.
+876|5853|South Florida

Harmor wrote:

Here in California we have plenty of disasters to deal with.   If its not earthquakes, wild fires, mudslides, gas explosions, floods, and tornadoes its rolling brown-outs that'll get you.

If you don't have at least 5-10 gallons of clean water, food for at least 3-5 days, a full tank of gas or extra gas, and emergency cash you're screwed.

Oh yeah and don't forget plenty of ammo with a gun that doesn't need to be cleaned all too often.  If shit really hits the fan it may be bullets that'll become the new currency.



Here's what FEMA suggests you should have in a disaster kit at different locations (home, work, and car).
100% correct. .22lr is like 5000rds for $200 right now. But in a post-SHTF situation it might as well be 0 dollars cause your not buying it online anymore and stores will be sold out/closed.
15 more years! 15 more years!
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|5982

Just bum disaster kits off the people who actually made theirs. They'll feel too guilty if they don't help everyone else out. And they're also too paranoid to want to become the enemy or that guy who won't share anything.
Mitch
Ive been here for 15.5 years. That’s half my life.
+876|5853|South Florida

mtb0minime wrote:

Just bum disaster kits off the people who actually made theirs. They'll feel too guilty if they don't help everyone else out. And they're also too paranoid to want to become the enemy or that guy who won't share anything.
lol well theres a lot of discussion about this and 100% of the people i talk to about survival kits say if your too ignorant to prepare than you can find someone else to leech off
15 more years! 15 more years!
Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|5327|The Mitten

Mitch wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

Just bum disaster kits off the people who actually made theirs. They'll feel too guilty if they don't help everyone else out. And they're also too paranoid to want to become the enemy or that guy who won't share anything.
lol well theres a lot of discussion about this and 100% of the people i talk to about survival kits say if your too ignorant to prepare than you can find someone else to leech off
because everyone is an internet tough guy.
EE (hats
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|4686|London, England
https://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:O6pwQQIyHKtUcM:https://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb219/Handy_Napkins/IMG_9248.jpg&t=1

+

https://www.xii-online.com/images/gatling.jpg

+

https://www.popsucker.net/images/popsucker/brawndo.jpg

=

https://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc77/LucienL/awesomecollection/1186143112507.png
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|5865|Long Island, New York
Mitch doesn't even live in a target zone, he lives in fucking Syracuse there. The only thing worth there mentioning is the university.
Reciprocity
Member
+721|5908|the dank(super) side of Oregon
don't forget a good towel.


very handy.
Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|5327|The Mitten

Reciprocity wrote:

don't forget a good towel.


very handy.
it's really the only thing you need.
EE (hats
Mitch
Ive been here for 15.5 years. That’s half my life.
+876|5853|South Florida

Poseidon wrote:

Mitch doesn't even live in a target zone, he lives in fucking Syracuse there. The only thing worth there mentioning is the university.
not even worth mentioning tbh
15 more years! 15 more years!
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
+444|5458|North Tonawanda, NY

Poseidon wrote:

Mitch doesn't even live in a target zone, he lives in fucking Syracuse there. The only thing worth there mentioning is the university.
That, and the homeless people.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,443|4913

I keep a blanket in the trunk of my trunk just in case I get stuck somewhere on a cold day. Otherwise

RTHKI wrote:

Mitch you live in one of the worst places to be in a survival scenario. You know NYC is always first right.
I live right across from NYC so I'll most likely be instakilled.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6009|Disaster Free Zone
No



<---------

Last edited by DrunkFace (2010-09-29 23:07:55)

BVC
Member
+325|6023
I have an earthquake survival kit with enough food & water for me to make the 90km walk to my parents place if need be. (also clothing, a tent, wet weather gear etc)

We actually had a bad earthquake here at the start of the month (7.1, 40km from here), but thankfully I didn't need to use it.  The only thing I wish I'd invested in prior is a solar phone charger.

No guns (no gun lisence), but I have considered getting a crossbow, both for that purpose and for target shooting.

Last edited by Pubic (2010-09-30 00:13:56)

DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|5959|Finland

A tin of tuna and a hockey stick. I'm prepared.
I need around tree fiddy.
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5292|London, England

What are you expecting to happen Mitch?
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2022 Jeff Minard