Babb Master Flash
Justice for the 96!
+540|6381|Oslo, Norway
She asked me what I wanted for my birthdayI toldher I'd like some cash 'cause I'm saving totake my drivers licence.

Well, I know it's lame... 31 years old and not having a licence, but I work in the public transport company in Oslo. And since it's not a big city you can go almost anywhere with public transport. Plus I get all my fares for free. Even my wife gets a free card and my kids won't have to pay for a ticket until they turn 16.

But back to my present!! I got a giftcard worth 5.000 kr (approx $840) Here in Norway it's an expensive investment to get a licence. I'm lucky, I know how to drive. So I'll most likely need 15.000 kr to get one. I'm halfway to the target, got some savings from earlier.
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6732|St. Andrews / Oslo

c s b
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
SamTheMan
­
+341|5141|Stoke, England
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5358|London, England
$2520 for a fucking drivers license? Jesus wept. Find out if they are transferable from other countries, and if they are, just fly to the US, pay the $70, take the written and road exams and then fly home Probably save yourself $1500
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Jenspm
penis

from my drivers license experience:

theory course: £200
demonstration of driving in the dark: £140
lesson: £60 pr. 45 minutes, you are obliged to do at least 3
safety course on a track: £390
safety course on the road: £550
theory test: £30
practical test: £72
rent the car for the test: £180

and then you have to pay £20 to get the actual license once you've passed everything

\o/
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
SamTheMan
­
+341|5141|Stoke, England
lol^^
eleven bravo
+1,399|5259|foggy bottom
I didnt even take a test or drivers ed to get my license.  the state of texas gave it to me.
Tu Stultus Es
JahManRed
wank
+646|6628|IRELAND

Im funding the missus driving test atm, £2000 and counting!! Geeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrr Failed it twice, geeeerrrrrrrrrrrrr
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6497

JohnG@lt wrote:

fly to the US, pay the $70, take the written and road exams and then fly home
i've seen nyc taxi drivers - if those bastards can do it, anyone on this forum could . . .
Babb Master Flash
Justice for the 96!
+540|6381|Oslo, Norway

Jenspm wrote:

and then you have to pay £20 to get the actual license once you've passed everything

\o/
And I thought Norway was expensive... Looks like Scotland is the most expensive country in Europe to get a licence.
SamTheMan
­
+341|5141|Stoke, England
free lessons, £30 for theory and £60 for test = license

owned
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Jenspm wrote:

\o/
Holy shit.

Here's what I found locally:
Road Lesson: $33
Road Test: $55
5Hr Class: $40
Road Test Appointment: $15

Plus the $70 DMV fee for the actual license.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Babb Master Flash
Justice for the 96!
+540|6381|Oslo, Norway

eleven bravo wrote:

I didnt even take a test or drivers ed to get my license.  the state of texas gave it to me.
Lucky basterd...
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

eleven bravo wrote:

If you're 18 you don't need to take driver's ed in New York. Just pass the written and road tests and off you go.
-Frederick Bastiat
eleven bravo
+1,399|5259|foggy bottom
the army gave me a bradley license and when i went to apply for a permit, the dps went ahead and gave me a full license, instead.  blew my mind

Last edited by eleven bravo (2010-09-24 09:53:37)

Tu Stultus Es
Jenspm
penis

Babb Master Flash wrote:

Jenspm wrote:

\o/
And I thought Norway was expensive... Looks like Scotland is the most expensive country in Europe to get a licence.
I'm Norwegian, and those prices are from Oslo, lulz
eleven bravo
+1,399|5259|foggy bottom
i hadnt spent any kind of time behind a while and they just handed me a license like nothing
Tu Stultus Es
SamTheMan
­
+341|5141|Stoke, England

SamTheMan wrote:

owned
sick
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

eleven bravo wrote:

the army gave me a bradley license and when i went to apply for a permit, the dps went ahead and gave me a full license, instead.  blew my mind
Yeah, they did that for one of the guys in my platoon. He had never in his life been in a car (he was from Brooklyn, buses don't count), much less driven one, and he went with his military license to the DPS and they gave him a civilian one. He was the worst driver in a one hundred mile radius around Fort Hood.

Last edited by JohnG@lt (2010-09-24 09:58:38)

-Frederick Bastiat
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
+444|6130|North Tonawanda, NY

JohnG@lt wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

If you're 18 you don't need to take driver's ed in New York. Just pass the written and road tests and off you go.
Since when was driver's ed required in NY?  That's only if you want a class D license at 17, and not the standard DJ.

And as far as costs go, pay to get your permit, pay to take the 5 hour course, and there is no cost for the rest if you have access to a vehicle.
jord
+2,382|6678|The North, beyond the wall.
I had about 20 hours of lessons and 1 of each test. Probably under £500.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5788|Catherine Black

Babb Master Flash wrote:

Jenspm wrote:

\o/
I'm assuming that's from when was in Norway..

I live in Scotland and it's £22 a lesson from my guy, £20 if you buy more than 5 at once, £31 for theory test, £62 for practical. No minimum amount of lessons needed.

Last edited by Finray (2010-09-24 10:01:41)

https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Babb Master Flash
Justice for the 96!
+540|6381|Oslo, Norway

Jenspm wrote:

Babb Master Flash wrote:

Jenspm wrote:

\o/
I'm Norwegian, and those prices are from Oslo, lulz
Bloody hell!!! I'm glad I'm not a rookie when it comes to driving... Then I had to pay nearly 20-25.000 kr!!!
SamTheMan
­
+341|5141|Stoke, England

SamTheMan wrote:

SamTheMan wrote:

owned
sick
woah nice mate

howd you manage that?
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5999|Vortex Ring State

eleven bravo wrote:

cause we all know driving an armored IFV with tracks is the same as driving a car around

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard