west-phoenix-az
Guns don't kill people. . . joe bidens advice does
+632|6389
Yes, but they're not swinging.
https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg
13rin
+977|6479

LaidBackNinja wrote:

1) Have and not need, rather than...  this saying does not always apply, such as in instances where "having" an item has significant downsides. Aside from that, if you follow that logic you'd need to carry pretty much everything with you (fire extinguishers, first aid kits, surgical knife, kevlar vest, etc etc.)

2) Pistols are dangerous. One needs to be an expert to handle them safely, and even then, accidents can happen. If an object is dangerous in the hands of the average person, I call that object dangerous. I do not trust the average person to handle a pistol safely. A rifle is, while much deadlier, also a lot less dangerous.

3) So you drive around with your first aid kit sitting open on the dash and your fire extinguisher between your legs?
1) Compare apples to apples.
2) Pistols are not dangerous.  The user is.
3) I have a fire extinguisher at hand in my jeep.  The first aid kit is in my trunk.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6667

jord wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

Pistols in general.  No matter how careful or experienced you are, it too easy to shoot yourself with and for kids to wield.  Which is why I will never own one.  Rifles are far more safer to handle and inventory.

Jord, which is why you learn martial arts and/or street fighting techniques.  Arnis and eskrima in my case, with a bit of Shotokan.
Someone comes with a pistol then even if you're a 250 pound gracie jui jitzu, 5th dan, blackbelt street fighting king it won't help.
If they are close enough, yes.  The training significantly increases your reaction time.  Besides, you'll already be dead trying to reach for your pistol if the assailant already has a gun to your head.

DBBrinson1 wrote:

LaidBackNinja wrote:

1) Have and not need, rather than...  this saying does not always apply, such as in instances where "having" an item has significant downsides. Aside from that, if you follow that logic you'd need to carry pretty much everything with you (fire extinguishers, first aid kits, surgical knife, kevlar vest, etc etc.)

2) Pistols are dangerous. One needs to be an expert to handle them safely, and even then, accidents can happen. If an object is dangerous in the hands of the average person, I call that object dangerous. I do not trust the average person to handle a pistol safely. A rifle is, while much deadlier, also a lot less dangerous.

3) So you drive around with your first aid kit sitting open on the dash and your fire extinguisher between your legs?
1) Compare apples to apples.
2) Pistols are not dangerous.  The user is.
3) I have a fire extinguisher at hand in my jeep.  The first aid kit is in my trunk.
You are more likely to injure yourself with a pistol accidentally than with a rifle.
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5999|Vortex Ring State

LaidBackNinja wrote:

The concept of open carry fascinates me.. do people actually walk around with guns swinging on their hips?
https://media.hamptonroads.com/cache/files/images/53301.jpg

yeah they do...

and IMO, shotguns are best for self defense, although they may be more unwieldy than a pistol
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6653

Trotskygrad wrote:

although they may be more unwieldy than a pistol
may be? really?
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6667

Lucien wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

although they may be more unwieldy than a pistol
may be? really?
I'll take more unwieldy over a pistol that can just as easily get pointed to myself.

FPS games seriously need to re-adjust how pistols perform concerning recoil, especially the full autos.  Gives kids the false illusion that they are far more accurate than rifles, especially when fired at rapid succession.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard