13rin
+977|6486

AussieReaper wrote:

lol there's a lot of butt hurt in this thread
Well, considering two assholes came up with the idea...
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6160|what

DBBrinson1 wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

Really?

I thought it was just a rally against the other rallies.

The whole thing is a rabble.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
13rin
+977|6486

AussieReaper wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

Really?

Colber and Stewart started it up.  Not a fan here.  Kmar seem to like em.  Since then, Mtv and Comedy Central both started chucking money at it... Mtv went as far as to rent buses and strongly encourage their employees to go this.
It's a retaliatory rally in response to the the Tea rally.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6608|132 and Bush

DBBrinson1 wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Really?

Colber and Stewart started it up.  Not a fan here.  Kmar seem to like em.  Since then, Mtv and Comedy Central both started chucking money at it... Mtv went as far as to rent buses and strongly encourage their employees to go this.
It's a retaliatory rally in response to the the Tea rally.
Stewart yes, Colbert .. notsomuch.

MTV owns Comedy Central so it makes sense that they would cross promote. .. and DB, I hate to break the news to you, but this event is nothing more than a promotion for both their shows with a "how the fuck did things get so nutty (on both sides)" satirical twist.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6608|132 and Bush

Turquoise wrote:

See, this is part of why I think rallies and protests are just manufactured.  It's very rare for a protest or rally to be free of things like astroturfing.
Of course they are manufactured? Especially when they are organized by professional entertainers.  .. and if anyone thinks that this is an exclusive to one side then they are either stupid, or naive.
or both
Xbone Stormsurgezz
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6418|'Murka

Kmar wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

See, this is part of why I think rallies and protests are just manufactured.  It's very rare for a protest or rally to be free of things like astroturfing.
Of course they are manufactured? Especially when they are organized by professional entertainers.  .. and if anyone thinks that this is an exclusive to one side then they are either stupid, or naive.
or both
How could a rally or protest be anything BUT manufactured? There must be advertising (astroturfing) so that interested parties know when and where to go to participate. The only non-manufactured events of this nature I can think of are along the lines of the LA riots. Probably don't want too many of those happening.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6608|132 and Bush

That is what I am saying. When it's so obvious it's not sinister. You've got to be a real window licker to not understand that the ultimate goal of these rallies is a show/network promotion. Who cares? It's entertaining. Should we be catering to the jackballs who cant tell? Fuck that.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6361

eleven bravo wrote:

so anyone going to this thing other than me?
There will probably be 10 or 20 people there. Should be cool. Have fun.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5266|foggy bottom

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

so anyone going to this thing other than me?
There will probably be 10 or 20 people there. Should be cool. Have fun.
lol, please wash your mouth with buck shot
Tu Stultus Es
jsnipy
+3,276|6529|...

Friends from work went; I'm too lazy and care very little.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5266|foggy bottom
https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs943.snc4/73666_10150108429597678_597502677_7646872_1204053_n.jpg
Tu Stultus Es
eleven bravo
+1,399|5266|foggy bottom
https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs980.snc4/75357_10150108430827678_597502677_7646909_6488692_n.jpg
Tu Stultus Es
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5593

Rallies are still stupid.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5709|College Park, MD
lol the Metro was bloody busy this afternoon. Thankfully I was riding in the direction of the hood so my train wasn't crowded but damn, it was crazy. I kinda wish I had gone.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6160|what

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

lol the Metro was bloody busy this afternoon. Thankfully I was riding in the direction of the hood so my train wasn't crowded but damn, it was crazy. I kinda wish I had gone.
You never went to the Obama inauguration either.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
eleven bravo
+1,399|5266|foggy bottom

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

the 411 you gave me was primo yo. you should have gone fucker.
Tu Stultus Es
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
@Aussie I still don't totally regret that because it's not like I coulda seen shit unless I had special tickets or something. Yeah it'd be nice to say "I was there" but I saw more of Obama on my telly than I would have if I'd gone.

@gs I know man fuck well I'm sure there'll be something similar some day. maybe.
tuckergustav
+1,590|5921|...

My sister-in-law is on her way back from there now.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5266|foggy bottom

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

@Aussie I still don't totally regret that because it's not like I coulda seen shit unless I had special tickets or something. Yeah it'd be nice to say "I was there" but I saw more of Obama on my telly than I would have if I'd gone.

@gs I know man fuck well I'm sure there'll be something similar some day. maybe.
nope, once in a lifetime event.  nothing like this will ever ever ever ever ever ever ever happen again, ever

tuckergustav wrote:

My sister-in-law is on her way back from there now.
Im leaving in the morning.  Im going to do my homework on the plane and then study for mondays midterm when i get home.
Tu Stultus Es
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
Dude if you're in the terminal at Dulles that has a Chipotle, try a breakfast burrito for me plz. It's the only Chipotle in the US with breakfast options.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5266|foggy bottom
ill take a pic and post it.  my flight leaves at 9:30ish but i have to turn in my dodge charger.  I like my monte carlo better.
Tu Stultus Es
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls

eleven bravo wrote:

ill take a pic and post it.  my flight leaves at 9:30ish but i have to turn in my dodge charger.  I like my monte carlo better.
you're the only person I know who drives a Monte Carlo
13rin
+977|6486
People who have rallies to make fun of other people that have rallies are just lame.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6682|Canberra, AUS

DBBrinson1 wrote:

People who have rallies to make fun of other people that have rallies are just lame.
you sound bitter
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
eleven bravo
+1,399|5266|foggy bottom

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Last edited by eleven bravo (2010-10-30 22:08:07)

Tu Stultus Es

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard