Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6593|132 and Bush

http://www.rallytorestoresanity.com/

Rational people will gather on the National Mall in D.C. to spread a timeless message: Take It Down a Notch for America.

https://i.imgur.com/gJpHb.jpg

Watch me  <-----------

"I'm mad as hell, and I'm not going to take it anymore!"

Who among us has not wanted to open their window and shout that at the top of their lungs?

Seriously, who?

Because we're looking for those people. We're looking for the people who think shouting is annoying, counterproductive, and terrible for your throat; who feel that the loudest voices shouldn't be the only ones that get heard; and who believe that the only time it's appropriate to draw a Hitler mustache on someone is when that person is actually Hitler. Or Charlie Chaplin in certain roles.

Are you one of those people? Excellent. Then we'd like you to join us in Washington, DC on October 30 -- a date of no significance whatsoever -- at the Daily Show's "Rally to Restore Sanity." Ours is a rally for the people who've been too busy to go to rallies, who actually have lives and families and jobs (or are looking for jobs) -- not so much the Silent Majority as the Busy Majority. If we had to sum up the political view of our participants in a single sentence... we couldn't. That's sort of the point.

Think of our event as Woodstock, but with the nudity and drugs replaced by respectful disagreement; the Million Man March, only a lot smaller, and a bit less of a sausage fest; or the Gathering of the Juggalos, but instead of throwing our feces at Tila Tequila, we'll be actively *not* throwing our feces at Tila Tequila. Join us in the shadow of the Washington Monument. And bring your indoor voice. Or don't. If you'd rather stay home, go to work, or drive your kids to soccer practice... Actually, please come anyway. Ask the sitter if she can stay a few extra hours, just this once. We'll make it worth your while.
.. and of course, not to be outdone...

http://www.keepfearalive.com/

America, the Greatest Country God ever gave Man, was built on three bedrock principles: Freedom. Liberty. And Fear -- that someone might take our Freedom and Liberty. But now, there are dark, optimistic forces trying to take away our Fear -- forces with salt and pepper hair and way more Emmys than they need. They want to replace our Fear with reason. But never forget -- "Reason" is just one letter away from "Treason." Coincidence? Reasonable people would say it is, but America can't afford to take that chance.

So join The Rev. Sir Dr. Stephen T. Colbert, D.F.A. on October 30th for the "March to Keep Fear Alive"™ in Washington DC. Pack an overnight bag with five extra sets of underwear -- you're going to need them. Because, to Restore Truthiness we must always... Shh!!! What's that sound?! I think there's someone behind you! Run!
https://i.imgur.com/2YouE.jpg

Watch me  <-----------

Colbert, Stewart Expecting 60K At DC Rallies (AP)
'Rally to Restore Sanity' to meet 'March to Keep Fear Alive;' Reddit users talk about starting the online campaign (WaPo)
'Daily Show' rally drawing thousands of fans, allies (LA TIMES)
http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/com … d=11683310 (ABC)
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6530|Long Island, New York
My friend who goes to American University is going and meeting them both.

Love it.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6593|132 and Bush

They say there is already 130k that have replied with they are attending .. but take that with a grain of salt. Sometimes people do that just as a show of support.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
ghettoperson
+1,943|6641

I've been following this on Reddit with some interest. To get Colbert's/Stewart's attention Reddit members donated over $250k to one of Colbert's favourite charities. Awesome stuff.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5229|Cleveland, Ohio
lol
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6767|Noizyland

It's a good idea. You do get tired of the loud ignorant 20% who wreck everything for everyone else. The ones who shout before they think, or overall show an inability to think.

As is generally the case, parody and satire prove to be more useful than spin and ignorance.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
11 Bravo
Banned
oh i see...the other side is ignorant and this side knows everything.  wow ok.  lol
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5991|Vortex Ring State
this is win.

I would attend if I lived near DC
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6767|Noizyland

11 Bravo wrote:

oh i see...the other side is ignorant and this side knows everything.  wow ok.  lol
I'm talking about the media. Wheras networks like Fox actively work to advance incorrect assumptions to pander to their Market base and use spin and manipulation to distort everything to do this, Stewart and Colbert are using satire and parody respectively to actually highlight a bit of a rationality problem and to try and show that the majority of Americans aren't part of the kneejerk reaction crowd who, instead of actually looking at fact or reasoned debate, would just call you Hitler if it meant not having to be corrected.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5578

Ty wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

I'm talking about the media. Wheras networks like Fox actively work to advance incorrect assumptions to pander to their Market base and use spin and manipulation to distort everything to do this, Stewart and Colbert are using satire and parody respectively to actually highlight a bit of a rationality problem and to try and show that the majority of Americans aren't part of the kneejerk reaction crowd who, instead of actually looking at fact or reasoned debate, would just call you Hitler if it meant not having to be corrected.
Both sides are stupid. A bunch of irrational people who hold inconsistent philosophies.

The liberals throw around the Hitler thing as much as Repubs
https://www.manlyrash.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/bush_hitler.jpg
There's like a million of these.
11 Bravo
Banned

Ty wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

erm...no.  once again here we go.  msnbc is just as bad for the other side yet nobody cares.  and colbert and stewart are tools who recycle old jokes.
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5991|Vortex Ring State

Macbeth wrote:

Ty wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

Both sides are stupid. A bunch of irrational people who hold inconsistent philosophies.

The liberals throw around the Hitler thing as much as Repubs
http://www.manlyrash.com/blog/wp-conten … hitler.jpg
There's like a million of these.
there's idiots everywhere...

it's just the republican ones are more prominent. Whether this is due to media bias or not is up to you to decide...
13rin
+977|6471
Parody and satire are very effective weapons the left uses (SNL v Palin).  Honestly the D's this time around can't run a campaign based on fact and what they've done.  And they know it.  Their party has been hijacked by extremists that could only (thank google) get a semi on.

Stuart is a bitch who hides behind a mask of entertainment.  He'll be more than happy to viciously attack those that disagree with his opinions, but then when call on it runs away saying, "but I'm just an entertainer"...  Does he make good points from time to time?  Sure.  Is he manipulating his viewers for a purely spiteful purpose?  ya. 

I enjoyed watching this astroturfed protest of Beck fail hard  -and I think Beck is a whiny lil' pansy.  Breitbart hands them their asses, then they leave as they can't even logically support their position.  They're puppets like those scabs the union hired to picked walmart (thanks for that one Stewart). 

But hey, to those that are going, have fun hating those that express their fucking constitutional right to assembly and protest.  F'n bigots the lot a ya.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6677|United States of America
The Daily Show points out the absurdity we see in politics. It's far from being partisan left or right. Obama doesn't have a free pass from criticism, and neither did Bush. You're criticizing Stewart simply because you percieve him as leftist (even though, relative to you he probably is). The rally isn't "hating the expression of the right to assemble and protest" either (partially because assembling is a poor way to do that) but is about how the moderates are being left out of the discourse as both parties pander to the extremes because God forbid they should cooperate.

See also: Are We Run by A**holes?
13rin
+977|6471

DesertFox- wrote:

The Daily Show points out the absurdity we see in politics. It's far from being partisan left or right. Obama doesn't have a free pass from criticism, and neither did Bush. You're criticizing Stewart simply because you percieve him as leftist (even though, relative to you he probably is). The rally isn't "hating the expression of the right to assemble and protest" either (partially because assembling is a poor way to do that) but is about how the moderates are being left out of the discourse as both parties pander to the extremes because God forbid they should cooperate.

I've seen it.  It is partisan.  Stewart is a liberal.  In what I read, this was birthed out of a dig on beck -and that speaks volumes to me about their characters.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5578

I'll admit, I really really really don't like Colbert. I think it may have to do more with the people who sheepishly praise him rather than actually him.

I like Stewart though.
13rin
+977|6471

Macbeth wrote:

I'll admit, I really really really don't like Colbert. I think it may have to do more with the people who sheepishly praise him rather than actually him.

I like Stewart though.
Out of the two I dislike colbert less.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6677|United States of America
Lulz, you remind me of me 6 years ago, when I first started watching the programs.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6729|Oxferd Ohire

11 Bravo wrote:

erm...no.  once again here we go.  msnbc is just as bad for the other side yet nobody cares.  and colbert and stewart are tools who recycle old jokes.
i dont think stewart does anything on the show anymore. he sits there while others tell jokes
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6729|Oxferd Ohire

Macbeth wrote:

I like Stewart though.
stewart doesnt do anything funny
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6397|North Carolina

DBBrinson1 wrote:

DesertFox- wrote:

I've seen it.  It is partisan.  Stewart is a liberal.  In what I read, this was birthed out of a dig on beck -and that speaks volumes to me about their characters.
Their character being someone who disagrees with you?...
13rin
+977|6471

Turquoise wrote:

No, they both act like jackasses.

*edit:
I deal with people who disagree with me on just about everything you could imagine.  I could care less on what you think/believe, however how one conducts themselves in the public eye...

Last edited by DBBrinson1 (2010-09-23 17:41:05)

13rin
+977|6471

DesertFox- wrote:

Lulz, you remind me of me 6 years ago, when I first started watching the programs.
That's really funny cause I remember watching it when Craig Kilborn was the host.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6397|North Carolina

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

No, they both act like jackasses.

*edit:
I deal with people who disagree with me on just about everything you could imagine.  I could care less on what you think/believe, however how one conducts themselves in the public eye...
They're comedians.

I'd say Beck is the jackass, because he expects people to take him seriously but he still comes off as insane.
13rin
+977|6471

Turquoise wrote:

I'd say Beck is the jackass, because he expects people to take him seriously but he still comes off as insane.
Beck is a jackass too.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard